Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2022, 07:21 PM   #1

Leaving Entegra

With mixed emotions, today I signed the documents selling my 2018 Anthem to someone who will hopefully cherish it. There was nothing wrong with it; we wanted something shorter. We have a Newmar Ventana 3717 on order. The build is scheduled for next week, so presumably, the Gods of the Supply Chain willing, we will get it before the end of June.

It was very interesting looking at other coaches. Both of the RVs I've owned were Entegras (2015 Aspire, 2018 Anthem). I'm used to the way that they do things. I find that Newmar is very equivalent, overall, but has its own quirks. Some things are much better on an Entegra, such as the headlights. The flexibility of Newmar regarding changes is a nice thing. I looked at the shorter Entegras, but decided against a Super C. I'll miss the tag axle, and the shorter coach means not only no tag but one less bay in the basement. We also are reverting to a single bath - should be interesting to see if we became dependent on having two. I do really like the larger windows in the Ventana.

So..... we'll see what quirks, broken items and outright design idiocies we see come July. Should be fun!

BTW, I sold the Anthem on consignment through NIRVC's Las Vegas location. The buyer is in Atlanta. The Newmar is purchased through Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark Ca. NIRVC had no available 2022 Newmar build slots, so the earliest we could expect one would have been October, according to Angie. Plus, there is that nasty little price increase. And another. And so on. Tom had an available slot that we could repurpose, and at a time where online threads were stating that you could never get 15% and would be lucky to get any discount from MSRP, he offered 22%. Doesn't sound like much in the Entegra world, but then Entegra inflates their MSRPs and the dealers have a lot more leeway to discount. I'm quite happy. Not only that, but the nearest NIRVC is 6 hours away, in Las Vegas, and Lindstrom is 10 minutes from my house. It's a win!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2022, 07:31 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Ten minutes from your house is not just a win, it’s priceless!

Best of luck with your new Ventana.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congrats on your downsizing. By coincidence we sold our 2016 Anthem 44A through NIRVC in late 2020. We had a good experience with them as well. Our buyer was from the Dallas area. So they do cast a wide net. Congrats again and safe travels.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:04 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our loss, Newmar’s gain. Sounds like you made a well thought out decision. Enjoy your new Ventana!
Old 05-11-2022, 04:37 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Best of luck with the step down. Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Your new dealer is about 20 minutes from my last residence in CA. That would sure be nice to have my dealer that close. Speaking of price increase, I heard through the grape vine, $110,000 on the 23 Dutch Star. Grabbing a 22 was a very wise choice.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:48 AM   #6

DeeGee; congrats on the new coach!
That 37ft’er will get you in more places than we could ever consider.
Happy Travels.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
With mixed emotions, today I signed the documents selling my 2018 Anthem to someone who will hopefully cherish it. There was nothing wrong with it; we wanted something shorter. We have a Newmar Ventana 3717 on order. The build is scheduled for next week, so presumably, the Gods of the Supply Chain willing, we will get it before the end of June.

It was very interesting looking at other coaches. Both of the RVs I've owned were Entegras (2015 Aspire, 2018 Anthem). I'm used to the way that they do things. I find that Newmar is very equivalent, overall, but has its own quirks. Some things are much better on an Entegra, such as the headlights. The flexibility of Newmar regarding changes is a nice thing. I looked at the shorter Entegras, but decided against a Super C. I'll miss the tag axle, and the shorter coach means not only no tag but one less bay in the basement. We also are reverting to a single bath - should be interesting to see if we became dependent on having two. I do really like the larger windows in the Ventana.

So..... we'll see what quirks, broken items and outright design idiocies we see come July. Should be fun!

BTW, I sold the Anthem on consignment through NIRVC's Las Vegas location. The buyer is in Atlanta. The Newmar is purchased through Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark Ca. NIRVC had no available 2022 Newmar build slots, so the earliest we could expect one would have been October, according to Angie. Plus, there is that nasty little price increase. And another. And so on. Tom had an available slot that we could repurpose, and at a time where online threads were stating that you could never get 15% and would be lucky to get any discount from MSRP, he offered 22%. Doesn't sound like much in the Entegra world, but then Entegra inflates their MSRPs and the dealers have a lot more leeway to discount. I'm quite happy. Not only that, but the nearest NIRVC is 6 hours away, in Las Vegas, and Lindstrom is 10 minutes from my house. It's a win!

All the best to you. Tom Lindstrom is a good dealer too. You chose well
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Best of luck with the step down. Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Your new dealer is about 20 minutes from my last residence in CA. That would sure be nice to have my dealer that close. Speaking of price increase, I heard through the grape vine, $110,000 on the 23 Dutch Star. Grabbing a 22 was a very wise choice.
The MSRP on the Ventana 3717 went from about 420K to 525K (!!!). While the 2023 has some nice things, that's a bit too steep for my tastes. And that's what they list it for now - between today and an October delivery, it may well rise multiple times. I ordered the Ventana March 24th; on April 3rd Newmar raised the price 3%, costing me over 8K. Hoping no more increases between now and late June.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:38 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
The MSRP on the Ventana 3717 went from about 420K to 525K (!!!). While the 2023 has some nice things, that's a bit too steep for my tastes. And that's what they list it for now - between today and an October delivery, it may well rise multiple times. I ordered the Ventana March 24th; on April 3rd Newmar raised the price 3%, costing me over 8K. Hoping no more increases between now and late June.
Then the grape vine was true. Those prices for not a lot more in the 23's from both Entegra and Newmar, are a little bit of a reach for what is going to be delivered. You made a very wise decision and my 21 looks like the "perfect" coach. I escaped two major price increases which makes the outdated Rand McNally OK. Keeping our fingers cross on no more price increases before delivery for you. I sure want to wish you much success with the new coach.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:15 PM   #10

I did an analysis on another posting that kind of sums up how crazy the industry has gotten. My 2018 Aspire listed for $440,000. Today, just five model years later, that same coach lists for $622,000. That’s a 41% increase in just five years. That’s a far cry from our 2% per year inflation rate.

Now when you consider discounts, the numbers go into the stratosphere of crazy. On an ‘18 discounts on Entegras could be had in the 30-38% range. That puts our ‘18 at a 35% discount with a cost of $286,000. Now it is difficult to get anything above 25% off MSRP and even the 25% requires some work. The change in the discounts puts the “discounted” price of the Aspire to $468,500. That’s an incredible 63% increase in five model years. Factor in the additional sales tax and you have almost a $200,000 increase in cost. Even the “budget” Reatta XL is over $400,000 for a 39 foot coach.

For us, a return to Entegra will definitely not happen with a Class A diesel. At this point of my life I am not about to go to a gasser so I don’t see an A ever being in our future. To be blunt, no matter which manufacturer, Entegra or Newmar, the costs to buy, own, and enjoy a motorhome, at least certainly a Class A, is getting out of reach of reality.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:38 PM   #11

Spartan Chassis
I am a Newmar owner but have been following the Entegra forum since I started looking a few years back. What swayed me was the Comfort Drive® that Newmar had. I can say that you have found a good dealership since NIRVC didn't have anything available. Tom Lindstrom RV has a pretty good reputation among Newmar owners. So I'll be among the first to say, "Welcome to the dark side". 😂
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, I thought about you the other day and returns. From another post mentioning a $50k increase, I did an NADA on my 21. I thought that was crazy, so I ran RV Trader. Yep, a $100k increase being the lowest from three different dealers ads over the purchase price of my 21. I don't think I could have done that well in the market.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
To be blunt, no matter which manufacturer, Entegra or Newmar, the costs to buy, own, and enjoy a motorhome, at least certainly a Class A, is getting out of reach of reality.
You can add refuel, insure and maintain to your list.

be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:42 PM   #14

I sure LOVE my 2019 Cornerstone, and in retrospect, how did I know 2019 was the perfect time to buy?

I have a stronger and stronger feeling that there will not be another newer model year Cornerstone in my future.

Come on guys, lets get serious on prices! To repeat, the coaches have stuff on them that no one needs, stuff on them that doesn't work worth a squirt, and stuff on them that was never engineered adequately or thought through well before adding it to the coach. That is just not Entegra.... it appears to be everyone!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra