Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 09:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Lessons learned in our Cornerstone

Travelling with the 2017 Cornerstone and lessons learned thus far. 1. The refrigerator door lock is a joke put a velcro loop around the handles tight! And even though you lock the freezer Block it! 2. The shower door needs to be aligned via the nut at the top. Align it via said nut at the top so the door does not stick out at the bottom and then up close to the lock so it can be locked closed. 3. Lock the dishwasher as advised but remember that if you are at a rest stop for a short nap and turn off the Engine the dishwasher unlocks itself. Reset the lock before you start and go. 4. When you hook up to the water at a site take a look at your pressure valve, "highly recommended", you install one and make sure it is between 40 and 65 PSI. The nimble hose tends to bend and restrict flow when reeled in previously. NIRVC never finished our initial delivery walk through due to time constraints? for the techs. We have adapted by fire. Otherwise a very quiet ride.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #2

My dishwasher does not unlock under any rest stop or engine stoppage that I have ever experienced. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but do you have your inverters on while you drive? Can't imagine why it would release.

However, the refer lock is a joke. We have ours velcroed off also. We had trouble with short wide drawer above the dishwasher coming open but installed heavier duty SouthCo drawer catches and that stopped that problem.
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #3

What is the problem with the refer lock? Does it not stay locked? Do the screws come loose a lot? is it an alignment issue?

Mine had the screw problem (fixed by overdrilling and putting a riv-nut in place of the poorly engineered sheet metal screw plan) and the alignment problem (fixed by making slight bends in the lock mechanism and by minor die grinding of the hole). Works fine now, but I get the frustration with it. It needs to be attached properly and aligned properly.

Never had that with the dishwasher...once it is locked it stays locked unless I make it a point to unlock it. I do have to have to set a timer because after it is done running, it unlocks itself...that's a problem!
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:28 AM   #4

Our 2017 Anthem also has the weak Fridge lock. We insert a plastic fork handle in the slot to prevent its release, so far so good. The dishwasher does not unlock when the engine is shutdown, you may want to have that checked.
2013 Harley RG on a HydraLift
Mike&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:39 AM   #5

With our 16 Anthem, our freezer lock is horrible and we use a heavy duty twist tie for the fridge door! Our dishwasher also unlocks once the engine is shut off!!! .... plan on adding those items to the list for our visit to the factory in May!

2016 Anthem 44b
2016 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
dmm588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We have a classic Anthem, so possibly not in your same league, but our frig doors have never been a problem, the dishwasher won't unlock unless you unlock it or it has finished a washing program. Our shower doors lock and alignment has been perfect for 2 years. But, if the problems you have listed are as you said, "We have adapted by fire", then you really haven't been "burned"!

Next time you are in the "shop" have them look at why the dishwasher will unlock, or call Customer Service and see if they have a solution, it shouldn't do that.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:02 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Welcome to the club! Be sure to take it back to the factory, they treat you very well. We learn something new every time, you just can't absorb it all at once!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:07 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Your dishwasher shouldn't pop out. As others have said, check that your inverter is on. Also, I believe that you can program the dishwasher to stay shut when power is removed, although I don't have that procedure handy right now. Your dealer can take care of that for you.

The fridge lock I agree with. We have had issues with that as well but no more. What happens is that the lever vibrates down while driving and goes to the unlock position. When you take a corner the freezer drawer or fridges doors open up. We tried sticking small Velcro pieces on the latch to keep the lever from moving down with some success. My permanent fix was to remove the latch and drill a small 1/8" hole in the latch and insert a wide hairpin clip (like used on the MaxxAir vent covers) through the hole. This pins the latch mechanism in the latched position and won't let it move. When leaving we just close the latches, insert the pins and we are good to go.

I like Newmar's fridge lock but it's their own proprietary design. I bought one from NIRVC early on, who is a Newmar dealer, but found it didn't fit on the Samsung because the gap between the freezer and fridge doors was too narrow.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:30 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our dishwasher does not unlock after turning the ignition off and back on?

Do have problems with the freezer (not top doors) coming open on the frig. Seems like the locking latch that must be pushed down to lock vibrates part way up when in route, then comes open. For now we found black electricians tape holding the nob on the latch down does the trick.

Also have a problem with the Microwave door coming open. Solved that by doing this:

Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:32 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you Guys for the feedback! Guess a Factory visit is in line when it warms up! On our way to Tampa in order to fix the Broken Vanity slide. Still trying to get the Parts lined up before we get there.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #11

At the Tenn rally NIRV realigned our refrigerator lock and since then no more issues.We do velcro the handle just in case. No issues with the dishwasher after we start and stop the coach.,
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #12

At least on our 17 Cornerstone they installed the locks upside down. I was skeptical and ask the production people about it. They said they ran test and they stayed locked much better. They must have been right because we haven't had one come open.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote