Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Leveling Jacks not leveling coach

I have searched the forum and was not able to locate a similar problem that I may are may not have. I have a 2014 Anthem 44 DLQ, the question I have is that when I level my coach, the jacks seem to have trouble locating level. In what I mean is that the front jacks "see saw" back and forth several times, only the fronts one. Just as a side note the front of the coach is always low, I have tried to reprogram them using a 3ft level but to no avail.
Also when I press the all retract button, the front jacks do not retract all the way up and I have to hit the all retract button again.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2017, 04:16 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Two things to try....reset the null as stated in the owners manual. If it still will not level, removed the equalizer control panel and unplug the unit for a couple of minutes, then reset the null again.

Mine took resetting the null twice when it was new before it would level. It has been perfect now for 3 years.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #3

My 2015 Anthem as delivered from Middlebury would not level the coach in automatic mode... it too would rock the front back and forth, incrementing the passenger side an inch and then the driver side an inch. At times it wasn’t close to level..... it would torque the coach so severely we would have trouble getting the main door to unlock or open from the inside or outside. It was a mess. Also, the back of the coach was always too high. That is a known problem produced by only a 9 second period for the rear bags to dump. Both of these problems were supposedly resolved by replacing the control under warranty. The new controller dumps air in the rear for 18 seconds rather than 9. However, the new controller did not solve the problem either. You can also force the rear to dump fully by waiting until the rear dumps, stopping the auto, raising the jacks, and then doing it all again which gives the rear twice as much time to dump.

I bought a plastic level and now I stop the auto level process after the air dump, and then level it myself using the manual controls. I find that works pretty well. I can do it much faster and.have had no problem with the main door. I level side to side manually and fore and aft myself. Bingo.!!!

The re-nulling that Brobox is talking about may work, but you may also need to replace the controller. You SHOULD be able to level the coach yourself.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Two things to try....reset the null as stated in the owners manual. If it still will not level, removed the equalizer control panel and unplug the unit for a couple of minutes, then reset the null again.

Mine took resetting the null twice when it was new before it would level. It has been perfect now for 3 years.
I have tried resetting the null three times, will try again after unplugging the control panel as Chuck has stated. Gary it is not as bad as yours, no problem with door but will keep a level in the coach and do what you do if resetting don't work. Thanks for the help
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If rebooting the control head does not work, give Equalizer a call. There CS is great to work with.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #6

I gave up on our auto-leveling also. Reset the null so many times I can't count. Figured it's just another gimmick that don't work well, seems to be many on these coaches. I'm now using the manual method mentioned above, letting the auto mode dump the bags and then stopping the auto mode and manually levelling. We manage to keep the coach setting lower by doing that. I've seen older coaches like Beavers or HRs that practically put the coach on the ground. No need for an extra step thingy ever and the wheels don't come off the ground. At least someone got it right once.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If rebooting the control head does not work, give Equalizer a call. There CS is great to work with.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:54 PM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Leveling Jacks not leveling coach

The left/right seesaw of the front jacks is normal for auto-level - that’s the way it’s programmed. Other comments on auto level success agree with my experience - use auto to dump bags twice then manual level.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #9

The auto-level only raises, never lowers. That makes it fairly easy to get so high that it gives up, especially if you are moving around the coach while it is in operation. I find that lowering the high side manually often works better than the computer. I carry a level, but the built-in one (the bathroom door) works just as well.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:13 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
One of these in the drivers side over head cabinet (electrical) and one in the front cabinet will allow leveling from the drivers seat. They are mounted at the top of the inside edge. Sold at Walmart in the RV section for a couple of dollars for a 2 pack.. They are trailer levels, but work on MH's too. Use better double sided tape than what comes with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-30 13.02.08 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	334.0 KB
ID:	179992  
Old 10-16-2017, 05:27 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
herky, jerky motion could be a sign of low fluid too...

Different coach, but we like to just dump air on our Monaco by putting something under the air dump switch for a bit and let it settle all the way down... THEN level.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:08 AM   #12

I also have the same issue that is being posted here ...

coach wants to always be higher on the back and often the front stairs are really high off the ground with front tires almost in the air.. and one side always feels lower..

I set the null as stated and still doesn't seem right.. I believe thats manually get the coach as level as you can and then save that and supposedly it will auto level to that level from then on.

at this point I let it auto level and then touch it up with the manual button and pull out the 3 foot yellow level and check it manually.. I do wish my auto worked as intended.. I think when I get time I will try chucks suggestion..

also If I remember right at pjs class at middlebury he explained away to level the coach to the lowest point to the ground.. I wonder if thats the auto level process twice that is being talked about here to get all the air out of the bags.. anyone confirm this?
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
also If I remember right at pjs class at middlebury he explained away to level the coach to the lowest point to the ground.. I wonder if thats the auto level process twice that is being talked about here to get all the air out of the bags.. anyone confirm this?
PJ class was to let air out twice by manual retracting then manual level as others are doing to get the front as low to the ground as possible. I have done this on a couple of high in the front sites and it does work.

I can honestly say the Equalizer system that is on the Entegra's is nothing like the old system that was on the Travel Supreme....same name, but not even close in quality and operation.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:49 AM   #14

My ‘15 equalizer unit from the factory was replaced with a new version of the leveling control during Oct of 2016. The new control differed in that it doubled the air bag bleed-down time from 9 seconds to 18 seconds. Mine is longer but it still does not fully deflate the rear bags, so I often still do the double “auto” process. Supposedly, coaches after 2016 sometime we’re supposed to have the longer dump period and the double deflate process was a “trick” designed for OEM equipped classic coaches to accomplish the same thing.

The level that I use cost me a couple of bucks at WalMart and fits in the little drawer in the front console. I place the level on one of the nice flat smooth tiles immediately behind the carpet at the entrance and then can see it from my pilot’s chair. Then simply rotate level 90 degrees and level front to back.

As Deegee says, the auto level only goes up, never down, when often down is the obvious way to accomplish the leveling.

You can call Equalizer CS, if you want, and at least for me, they replaced my control unit and re-nulled by a factory tech, but it really improved nothing, so now manual leveling is the way it’s always done.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks