Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks, Rear Air Unit problems

Looking for others that may have had similar issues. Coach is a 2011 ASPIRE 42DL on Freightliner chassis. We got on site and began leveling coach, all things seemed good. UNTIL coach was doing final adjustments and shutdown and gave excessive slope light. Thing is the lot is as level as can be fore/aft and side to side. NOW you cannot work the jacks extend, retract, auto or manual. Coach is currently level up ON JACKS and able to be used, and we are to be here for 3 weeks and need to be operational again then. We had pretty much the same issue this time last year also and was TOLD they replaced the entire pump assembly by the shop. Has anyone had such issue , if so what was the problem. Anything I need to check myself that I could be missing?? Checked connections of wires already.
Please folks, Joyce and Don , Mark from equalizer are already contacted and assisting as they can. Coach naturally is out of warranty but we have had jack issues since first year of ownership.

Now, the rear air unit is once again dripping water on the bed. This has been an issue every since we have had the coach, Entegra has changed everything BUT the complete air unit. They say it works and cools so can't justify changing it. Even though it drips on the bed. Again has anyone else had this type issue and how did you resolve it.
I am asking for some serious input here. Not asking for more Armageddon type scenario's, just need good trouble shooting help. Sure there is someone that has experience with this situation.

Tony
SDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I can't help on the jacks other than to suggest taking a look at the fuses.

On the AC, if you haven't already done it, you need to pull off the hood, get the AC unit on and producing condensation. Then see where it is pooling. You have a domestic AC, so I don't know what it looks like on the inside, but leaks into the ducting which would allow dripping into the bedroom through the ceiling (the only way unless you have a roof leak which would be a surprise) most likely come from the pan of the AC overflowing into the fan (most likely a barrel type) hole where cool air is blown into the AC ducting in the coach. This could come from the drain pump not working, or in my case (although it was the newer brand AC in 2013 Anthem), a part of the pan that had no drain and the copper tubing to the coils was exposed allowing for condensation to get into this part of the pan). That could be remedied by drilling a weep hole through the bottom of the pan (care not to drill into coach) to allow the pan to empty.

You're probably not getting that much response because there aren't a lot of Entegra 2011 owners on the forum. I might suggest taking your AC questions to one of the product line (RV Appliances maybe) where others with Dometic might respond. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Might try the same with the jack issues as they are discussed in various thread on the same Systems and Appliances forum. Might also do a search on the forum for the type of jack systems you have and problems.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM1 View Post
Looking for others that may have had similar issues. Coach is a 2011 ASPIRE 42DL on Freightliner chassis. We got on site and began leveling coach, all things seemed good. UNTIL coach was doing final adjustments and shutdown and gave excessive slope light. Thing is the lot is as level as can be fore/aft and side to side. NOW you cannot work the jacks extend, retract, auto or manual. Coach is currently level up ON JACKS and able to be used, and we are to be here for 3 weeks and need to be operational again then. We had pretty much the same issue this time last year also and was TOLD they replaced the entire pump assembly by the shop. Has anyone had such issue , if so what was the problem. Anything I need to check myself that I could be missing?? Checked connections of wires already.
Please folks, Joyce and Don , Mark from equalizer are already contacted and assisting as they can. Coach naturally is out of warranty but we have had jack issues since first year of ownership.

Now, the rear air unit is once again dripping water on the bed. This has been an issue every since we have had the coach, Entegra has changed everything BUT the complete air unit. They say it works and cools so can't justify changing it. Even though it drips on the bed. Again has anyone else had this type issue and how did you resolve it.
I am asking for some serious input here. Not asking for more Armageddon type scenario's, just need good trouble shooting help. Sure there is someone that has experience with this situation.

Tony
In regard to jacks (Equalizer) we had a recent failure and our jacks got stuck in the down position, it was the control module. There is a fuse that is located at the pump that you can check. There is a way to extend/retract them manually using an electric drill to spin the pump shaft (assuming all the hydraulics are intact) and using a screwdriver to close/open the valves for each jack - there is a procedure for this listed in the Equalizer manual. The Entegra Owners site also has some good troubleshooting info for your year/model. If you try this make sure you have a plug in drill or have a couple of fully charged batteries for a battery drill.

If it is just the control module, there is also a way to get the pump to run by shorting the solenoid terminals (had a car once that I always had to start that way).

Be careful though, I won't get into how Spartan bent my jacks using the short the solenoid trick.

Good luck,
Rob
voltdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #5

Update on the Jacks!!! After trouble shooting system with Jamie from equalizer on the phone it appears the pump motor is grounding out internally!!! We got it to bump by tapping motor and then it stopped and when you try to operate it sparks arc'd out around manual operating shaft!!!!
As for the AC Keith W contacted and gave some of his experience on the issue and so far so good!
Hopefully back fully operational by end of week!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #6

Problems resolved!!! Jack system was pump motor failure ( internal short in motor)! Equalizer sent replacement and I installed and working Now!
As for rear AC unit, following Keith K 's ideals and keeping unit on HI fan all time it operates and so far no leaks from vent!
Now ready to get on the road!

Tony

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks