Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #1

Leveling Jacks Retraction

Anyone experience jacks not wanting to retract? Any suggestions on maint.? WD40 good or bad? Thanks
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2020, 06:52 PM   #2

I had same problem on my 2015 Anthem, brushes in motor were bad, easy replacement of motor fixed the problem, did it myself, quick fix.
Jbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #3

Similar issues. Prior owner said he used boat oars to pry up the legs. Oyyyyy....

Need to lube up the cylinders with lithium spray. If that dont work might look into replacing the return springs.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
Similar issues. Prior owner said he used boat oars to pry up the legs. Oyyyyy....

Need to lube up the cylinders with lithium spray. If that dont work might look into replacing the return springs.
The Entegra jacks are double acting hydraulic so there are no springs. The hydraulics lift them. This was a selling point for me on Entegra.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Do you have all of your normal power lights on the jack panel? If not, it could be the solenoid in the drivers side 1st compt (before the wheels). Try tapping on it with a screw driver and see if that helps.

Entegra CS helped me out with mine over the phone and we narrowed it down to the solenoid as my panel wasnt getting power. I purchased a replacement but the original one hasn’t failed again.

Maybe a place to start.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:59 AM   #6

If you are in a pinch you can manually retract them with I think an 8mm hex head and a drill.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
If you are in a pinch you can manually retract them with I think an 8mm hex head and a drill.

I think this method requires the drill to be in low mode for slow spin speed with the hydraulics.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
I think this method requires the drill to be in low mode for slow spin speed with the hydraulics.
According to Equalizer the drill needs to be capable of a minimum of 2000 rpm in order to built enough pressure to retract the jacks.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #9

This is a simply emergency fix if it is the brushes. Open the compartment where the motor is located on the passenget side. Remove the panel, take a phillips screwdriver and turn the screws on the brass cap a half turn.
Do not remove them...Take a hammer and tap the motor several times. Then go in the coach and hit all retract. If that is the problem, it will work. I got the information from Equalizer.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
According to Equalizer the drill needs to be capable of a minimum of 2000 rpm in order to built enough pressure to retract the jacks.

Thanks for correcting my memory. Learning curve is steep as a newbie.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post

I had that issue with my 2003 Alegro Bus. Replacing the springs did the job. Good luck!
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 AM   #12

Just went thru this equalizer circus act...you can get them to retract with the drill gun and socket .. exact process on there website.. the sad part is the motor is probably bad as brushes get hot with over using the jacks... in my case I raised my motor home 3 times to work in some new fluid and that cooked the motor...
Poor motor quality imo... be warned.. do not try and level twice
In the same sitting... it may cook the brushes in the motor...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks