Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2021, 07:17 AM   #15

ChristopherG, at the top of the forum is a thread called “Where is my Entegra….” You can post photos of where you are camped. It doesn’t get as much love as it used to when it was created but it is a fun thread to look at.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2021, 07:22 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My Level Mate Amateur was $2.97 for the pair at Walmart.

I do the same thing that Chuck does. But I'd like to add, to make sure the front of the coach is just a little higher. This lets the water drain off the roof in back rather than the front.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:25 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Stu, I am having a laugh and the "new app' method of leveling, it is nice, but it does the same thing the $2.97 RV level kit from Walmart does.
Hi Chuck,

Without any doubt, it's possible to achieve level using a variety of tools.

My use of the LevelMatePRO system has changed the dialogue after I finish my first attempt at leveling.

Previously, using several different bubble levels or the phone bubble level - "How does that look?" directed to DW manipulating the stool room door which frequently elicited, "Down a little in the front." followed by a couple of nudges on the front jacks and a repeat query/response. Eventually, DW would utter, "Looks pretty good."

Now, using the LevelMatePRO, when I've achieved level using the app, I'll turn off the leveling jacks and inform DW, "That's good," to which she'll try the door and confirm, "You're right!"

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Chuck,

Without any doubt, it's possible to achieve level using a variety of tools.

My use of the LevelMatePRO system has changed the dialogue after I finish my first attempt at leveling.

Previously, using several different bubble levels or the phone bubble level - "How does that look?" directed to DW manipulating the stool room door which frequently elicited, "Down a little in the front." followed by a couple of nudges on the front jacks and a repeat query/response. Eventually, DW would utter, "Looks pretty good."

Now, using the LevelMatePRO, when I've achieved level using the app, I'll turn off the leveling jacks and inform DW, "That's good," to which she'll try the door and confirm, "You're right!"

Take care,
Stu
I love the leveling App.
From an Aspire owner, the Rear suspension is different than the Anthems and CS's in that the coach creeps forward when Auto Leveling or retraction of Jacks.
What I do to mitigate is Hit Auto level button, as soon as I hear the Airbags deflate I hit the Auto button again which stops the jacks and lets ALL the air out. Then I level manually using the jack buttons and Level App. Works Flawlessly and I'm as low as I can be to the ground.
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Chuck,

Take care,
Stu
I was joking...old school vs new school I'm now new school too with the Valid Digital Dash with the built in levels, but it was a heck of a lot more than the $2.97 levels. BTW, old habits are hard to break, I mounted the Walmart levels in the 21 too, they are still 100% right on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I was joking...
I wasn't!!! OK, now I AM joking.

Quote:
old school vs new school I'm now new school too with the Valid Digital Dash with the built in levels, but it was a heck of a lot more than the $2.97 levels. BTW, old habits are hard to break, I mounted the Walmart levels in the 21 too, they are still 100% right on.
Actually, and this is no joke, having an old school back-up plan is a good thing. I've already used one of my "spare" CR2032 batteries and only have one more. Nice to know that as long as there's gravity, a bubble level will work.

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-29-2021, 08:55 PM   #21

I use these Hoss Pads, the largest size. They work great although they are not cheap but they use recycled tires. They store under the sliding tray in the basement

https://bsrminc.com/hosspad/
Old 07-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
We use Chuck’s method also. 95% of the time, the auto level works fine but for that other 5%, I let it try the retract and hit auto level a second time to empty as much air out as possible. As soon as the jacks touch I hit auto level again to stop the process and use the small levels to finish the job.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #23

I was recently at Haas Lake Park in New Hudson MI and while I was face on to a lovely little lake, the site dropped so much that to be level the front wheels WERE off the ground. Rig next to me was standing on it's front jacks as well. What I did was jack up just a bit more and put two of my wooden pads (sometimes used to protect a friend's driveway from my jacks) under each front wheel. The I split the load between the wood pads and the jacks. Sat that way for a month with no issues except I had to buy a step stool to get in LOL.
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:01 AM   #24

Not to belabor this point, but if you use your cell phone to level, you need to check both front to back and left to right levels by turning the phone 90 degrees.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:06 AM   #25

We carry 2X12" boards and drive the low side/corner up on them before even trying to level.

Be sure to support the whole tire's footprint.

Tags
leveling