Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2022, 02:05 PM   #1

Leveling procedure

Reading through my Entegra manual today and something caught my eye that I was never instructed by the dealer tech to do and can't recall ever seeing anyone mention it in other leveling threads.

1. Must be parked on reasonably level surface.
2. Must have the parking brake engaged.
3. Must have the transmission gear selector in NEUTRAL.
4. Engine should not be running.

I am questioning #3....gearshift in neutral.

The manual also says to read the manufacturer (leveling system) instructions.

I did and no mention of the gearshift, just says engage the parking brake.

What says the wise ones?
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Leveling procedure

Maybe this was written for diesel motorhomes? On a diesel, you always want to put transmission in neutral first, then engage parking brake, then shutdown engine.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
If you have a gas coach, that sentence doesn't apply. It must be in park. Diesels don't have a park position, just neutral.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:02 PM   #4

Thanks, the manual never specifies diesel or gas and has conflicting info throughout.

I posted in another leveling thread how in the leveling part it says slideout first then level, and in the slideout part it says level first then slideout.

It is a very weak owners manual in my experience.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:06 PM   #5

Would help to know which Entegra model you have.

That will make a difference to your leveling process
Old 11-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwin View Post

One of these. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221128-162503.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	381670
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwin View Post

If viewing on a phone maybe you don't see it, but it is in my signature and as Twinboat pointed out my profile I did forget to change over to the Entegra.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:43 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We have a 2019 Entegra Insignia 37MB...read the manual several times, and as you listed the steps, step #4 was incorrect...our LCI Electronic Leveling system will not even turn on unless the engine is running/ignition turned on.. ??
was going to ask Entegra, but so far not much support answers from them when I ask...just point you to dealer.
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
We have a 2019 Entegra Insignia 37MB...read the manual several times, and as you listed the steps, step #4 was incorrect...our LCI Electronic Leveling system will not even turn on unless the engine is running/ignition turned on.. ??
was going to ask Entegra, but so far not much support answers from them when I ask...just point you to dealer.
Yep, had a pretty frustrating week asking Entegra Customer Service where I could get electric "as built" schematics, where is the slideout motor and how to clean the upholstery.

No idea on schematics I wanted and they don't have repair manuals, no idea where the electric motor is.... just call Lippert who then says Entegra should know where Entegra built it and/placed it and also call Lippert on the upholstery cleaning.

Anyone that can help with those question ...please jump right in.

I can see that this forum may be a bigger help in the future than phoning "home".....
Old 12-08-2022, 05:27 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psneeld View Post
Yep, had a pretty frustrating week asking Entegra Customer Service where I could get electric "as built" schematics, where is the slideout motor and how to clean the upholstery.

No idea on schematics I wanted and they don't have repair manuals, no idea where the electric motor is.... just call Lippert who then says Entegra should know where Entegra built it and/placed it and also call Lippert on the upholstery cleaning.

Anyone that can help with those question ...please jump right in.

I can see that this forum may be a bigger help in the future than phoning "home".....
People here with the larger diesel have been trying to get "as built" electrical schematics for years, they don't exist. However as others have had schematics for single items, they have been kind enough to post them, so there is quiet a collection here, but the newer smaller coach is not going to be the case until that library is built here on the forum or somewhere online.

Their are no repair manuals for MH, each repair will be a seek and search. There are some excellent video on youtube. RV Greeks is one that has a great library, as is David Boot, Outside our Bubble and several others. Worth spending a day and bookmark the video that you want as a repair manual.

I have bookmark folders on both models of Entegras I have owned. Anything that is a great DIY posts, it gets bookmarked, along with parts at good prices that have been shared. The search engine in the green bar at the top of the page has saved many thousands of dollars in repairs thanks to those that have taken their time to post their fixes, many with photos. Those member can never be thanked enough. The DEF simulator (DSS) is one, you will never find a Spartan owners manual on that problem that left many stranded.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling