Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
The movement is normal and has to do with the geometry of your thrust angle. It is something you will need to become accustomed to, especially if you use jack pads. You can bend a jack pad's foot pretty badly if it comes down on the edge of the foot on the jack pad.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2017, 02:47 PM   #30

Follow up

My statement that the coach roles is based on watching the frront tires roll forward. However the guys are correct the drive axle do not rotate. So I agree this is totally normal.

We are in a wet campsite at Talladega when we leveled up my jack pads were practically burried. So I aired the coach back up and retracted the jacks. I added an additional jack pad under each jack and re-leveled. The jack stands hit the pads dead center and we are all good!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
When I level the coach, it rolls forward about 3 inches when the air dumps. Is this normal? It makes setting jack stand pads difficult. I am currently initiating the leveling process, while the DW watches the jacks from outside. Once the air dumps and the coach stops I retract the jacks enough to put the pads down and start the process over.

When I say roll that is the literal definition, but it is a creep and very slow roll almost like the brakes are not holding tight enough or that the front bags are dumping first and the momentum of the weight shift is more than the brakes can hold....which makes NO sense!
Hi,
Had the same concern and called Spartan. They called it normal, caused by tag and the CS guy even had a name for it. Ready? "Crow Hop".
So now I skid/ slide sometimes with little concern.
Guess that means I fell for it.
Good Luck.
Sure like our Aspire and it's customer service dept.
HouseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hump View Post
Hi,
Had the same concern and called Spartan. They called it normal, caused by tag and the CS guy even had a name for it. Ready? "Crow Hop".
So now I skid/ slide sometimes with little concern.
Guess that means I fell for it.
Good Luck.
Sure like our Aspire and it's customer service dept.
I am not sure you got correct information...........single axle Coach's move forward also when the suspension is lowered........The drive axle air bag's don't operate straight up and down, due to how the Chassis drops when the air bags are emptied, and Maxie brakes only being on the drive axle tends to roll the whole Coach forward a bit.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
My 13 Aspire has always done this. I've started to do what other have said, start the auto level to the point where the bags begin to dump, and press a button to stop and let the air continue to dump. Then retract, and hit auto level again, and the level process results in the coach leveling lower to the ground than the "first" push. It seems to help with the "crow hop", and eliminates the stares from neighbors, and is appreciated by neighbors on our early morning departures.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #34

I think part of the problem could be eliminated if the bags were to completely deflate prior to jack extension. Why the jacks drive down while the coach is settling is a mystery to me.

I'd like to identify the trigger wire for manually dumping, or get Equalizer to reprogram the controller.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great idea
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
I know Entegra don't use HWH, but on the HWH systems, it is programed into it for a certain amount of time to dump the bags before the jacks start down. The problem is, if I don't lift the weight off my jacks before starting the Coach, as the air bags air up, the rear air bags roll the Coach forward as mentioned skidding the pads on the surface they are on.......making a terrible skidding action and noise........so I lift the jacks and get the weight off them before starting the engine, after starting up, then I hit the store button. Everything is smooth this way for me.
I am not sure with the procedure you fella's have to follow if this would work?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQSystems View Post
As far as the leveling process goes, the idea that our system only levels while lifting and can't lower the coach back down to achieve level is false. The goal is to level the RV as close the ground as possible.
At the Spartan class last week we were told that the leveling process indeed only lifts, never sinks. The jacks come down in a specific order, then the low side or end is lifted, and so on. If the coach gets too high, interrupt the process and manually raise the jacks (do not hit the Auto Retract button, as that will close the dump valves and allow airing up again). We just had the Equalizer software updated; the new version spends more time dumping before trying to level, leading to a lower coach.

It is easy to get an 'Excessive Slope' indicator even on an almost-level site, if you walk around in the coach while it is trying to level.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #38

Is there any way to determine the revision of the Equalizer system? Is it printed on the back of the control pad?

Thanks

-Matt
Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #39

The version is supposedly on the label on the controller, which is mounted between the frame rails somewhere. It is about 5x9x1.5 inches and is black. On the label is the model number and version (version is something like v1.10). I don't know my new version, and I don't even know where the controller is.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
EQSystems:

We always appreciate hearing from the principles on issues like this. Question: Our suspensions will NOT air up UNTIL we hit all retract, so is that the issue?
I didn't see an answer to the quoted question. The suspension does not air up on my Anthem until I have pressed the "all retract" for the second time. The jacks retract on the first "all retract" but the air bags will not air up. Is this the way this is supposed to work?
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:31 AM   #41

Bob, a call to Equalizer might be in order. On our coach it will retract and air up with the first depression of the Retract All button.

Could be a sticky valve.

Another thought, is your engine at High Idle (1000-1200 RPMs) when you try to retract all?

It is possible that if you're at low idle there isn't sufficient air to inflate the suspension rapidly.

-Matt
Old 05-09-2017, 05:01 AM   #42
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo123316 View Post
I didn't see an answer to the quoted question. The suspension does not air up on my Anthem until I have pressed the "all retract" for the second time. The jacks retract on the first "all retract" but the air bags will not air up. Is this the way this is supposed to work?
Mine will air up with just one press of "All Retract". Following on what Matt said, I never press "All Retract" until I'm sure the air system is at max pressure - using the "WHOOOSH" of the relief valve as confirmation with the engine in fast idle.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, slide