Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 AM   #1

Light panel

The panel or pad near the front door that controls the lights and the night shades went dead for some reason. It worked well enough last night to lower the night shades. I have checked the fuses and all seem to be good, but I never find the right fuse. Any insight to this one, is it like the vacuum and a GFI plug can impact it?

Mike
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:43 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Remove the panel and plug it in the test port in the bathroom fuse cabinet. That will tell you if the panel is bad or not.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

4 screws to remove panel. A small screwdriver inserted in some lateral holes in the sides of the panel will remove the front half of the panel. However, then mine seemed like they would not pull out far enough to get to the plastic wire connectors. Entegra CS told me to just pull harder and the plug would eventually come out. I pulled and it did. Then just as someone else said, plug it into the fuse panel in the mid bath (at least on my coach) and that will bypass all wiring and will let you determine if there is a wiring or plug problem in contrast to a failed panel..... it took a lot of water from a serious leak to completely burn out my panel, so I would bet on some other problem.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:17 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Did you try to reboot by turning off the 12V power?

That is not always true about it taking a lot to fry a panel. A 2017 just had one go bad for no reason after a week of ownership. Several reports of a static electricity knocking a panel out. The test is easy and eliminates the most common item, and why Entegra installed the test port. I like easy and always try the easy way first. Reboot, then check other sources.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Question about the "Panel Lights" buttons. I have one on the panel near PS slide, one on the bedroom entry wall panel and one on the bed overhead panel. All with dimmer control. The first two control all panels and allow me to turn on and off all panel lights in the coach. However, the one on the bed overhead only turns off the lights on it's panel and does not control the other panels in the coach.

Is this how it it supposed to work? Seems a bit odd. Kinda annoying to have to get out of bed and go to another panel to turn off/on the other panel lights.

Thanks,
Old 09-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #6

That is exactly the way my switches and panels work. I use the one above the bed to darken the panel over the bed if I hit the hay before the DW. She then kills all the lights as she turns in also.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our panels work as you describe. We'll be back in Middlebury next week for warranty work. This is in my list to ask them.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #8

Light Panel

Brobox was dead on. I remembered this being a solution from other electrical related issues, gave it a try after the Cowboy victory and it set every thing straight. Appreciate all of your responses and suggestions. All good ones for when the simpler power off and on does not work. Good job all and the Cowboys won, how could this day get any better, oh yeah they beat the Skins, got better.

Mike
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBall View Post
Question about the "Panel Lights" buttons. I have one on the panel near PS slide, one on the bedroom entry wall panel and one on the bed overhead panel. All with dimmer control. The first two control all panels and allow me to turn on and off all panel lights in the coach. However, the one on the bed overhead only turns off the lights on it's panel and does not control the other panels in the coach.

Is this how it it supposed to work? Seems a bit odd. Kinda annoying to have to get out of bed and go to another panel to turn off/on the other panel lights.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grower15 View Post
Our panels work as you describe. We'll be back in Middlebury next week for warranty work. This is in my list to ask them.
Ron and Alec, our panel lighting was exactly the same. I contacted Firefly and they were able to reconfigure ours so that I can now turn off the panel lights from the bed overhead switch. I opted to turn those off only, so that the rest of the panels stay lit throughout the coach.

We stopped in Middlebury and Firefly was able to do the reconfiguration for us the same day. We also had them modify the countertop accent light function so we can dim them. There is a fee involved but for us it was worth it.

Hope that helps, Brian
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #10

I think that the "panel lights off/on" button above the bed, or anywhere else that there is one in the coach is to turn all of the panel lights off or on on all the panels. That's how it works in my coach. I think that is the question that was asked.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:17 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
The function of the panel light switches reacts differently depending on the year. Someone along the way suggested to Entegra that the panel light switch above the bed should only turn off that panel and have the rest stay on, so that was the way they were programmed. On mine any panel light switch will turn them all off. Nothing wrong with the switches just different programming.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
The function of the panel light switches reacts differently depending on the year. Someone along the way suggested to Entegra that the panel light switch above the bed should only turn off that panel and have the rest stay on, so that was the way they were programmed. On mine any panel light switch will turn them all off. Nothing wrong with the switches just different programming.
Mine is the same way...wish it would turn off just the bedroom. DW is not a morning person...I am, so I have to find a flashlight to turn on the salon or kitchen lights in the morning.

Tags
light, panel