Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2023, 05:03 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I know every RVer and RVer’s needs are different.

For us we go campground to campground. Or plug up at home and in heated storage.
I don’t think I would have purchased a Lithium battery option if it was offered by Entegra.
The longest I typically go is a night without power and it does not bother me to have the generator run as needed. I did go a few days without power at the Tampa Super Show but that was an exception and again we could run our generator as needed.

Our coach is generally plugged up or the engine is running.

If I did have a need to go far longer on battery I think I would go with Lithium. I don’t really ever let the coach freeze. We run the heat or store indoors with heat. But I see how anything is possible even when not planned.

I think it is just a matter of time when all these coaches have Lithium batteries. But far longer battery life does not make my top wish list for Entegra. I would rather have things like better quality control, larger windows, no carpet, a 4th air conditioner, an aqua hot with more electric power, bigger tanks, apple car play, a Vega touch that alerts you remotely via text, etc….
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2023, 08:58 PM   #72

Entegra Owners Club
Hal, the nice part about Lithium if they were plug and play on the Entegras. A battery change would be $2,400 vs $3,100. half the weight, which is great after changing a set of L 16's Much longer life, less replacements and the longer lasting charge for those of use that use them from time to time is a bonus.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 10:17 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I know every RVer and RVer’s needs are different.

I think it is just a matter of time when all these coaches have Lithium batteries. But far longer battery life does not make my top wish list for Entegra. I would rather have things like better quality control, larger windows, no carpet, a 4th air conditioner, an aqua hot with more electric power, bigger tanks, apple car play, a Vega touch that alerts you remotely via text, etc….

rv fun lovers
i think the 2023’s have the vegatouch remote alert
Old 02-13-2023, 10:25 AM   #74

On the subject of battery freezing. I bought two RV tank pads that are thermostatically controlled and put them under the batteries. During the Texas freeze kept them around 45 the entire time.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:00 PM   #75

Anytime the word lithium comes up the focus seems to always laser in on the batteries and little else. In my conversion the batteries represented about 20% of the cost. Retrofitting a 14 year old motor home involves a bunch more than just batteries. Certainly those who full time and never venture or plan to store their coach in sub freezing weather and who aren’t concerned about a subsequent buyers potential use can dispense with some of the non battery costs.
dlmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 01:24 PM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hal, the nice part about Lithium if they were plug and play on the Entegras. A battery change would be $2,400 vs $3,100. half the weight, which is great after changing a set of L 16's Much longer life, less replacements and the longer lasting charge for those of use that use them from time to time is a bonus.
Another advantage is that you can use lithium batteries until they quit without damaging them. Using lead acid batteres that way would greatly shorten their life.

For most owners the longer lifespan and greater durability of Lithium means never having to replace the batteries again for as long as you own the coach.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 05:23 PM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Another advantage is that you can use lithium batteries until they quit without damaging them. Using lead acid batteres that way would greatly shorten their life.

For most owners the longer lifespan and greater durability of Lithium means never having to replace the batteries again for as long as you own the coach.

Marc, that is one of the reason the subject of Lithium batteries has peaked my interest. Having to replace the OEM batteries in just under two years and the manhandling it takes to change them, is something I would not care to experience again. The scarcity of quality L16 batteries is another consideration.

If the modification can be made easier for the Vega Touch equipped Entegras, and the prices for Lithium batteries coming down below replacement cost of L16 AGM's, It's almost a "why not?"

I would sure like to hear from those that posted they installed Lithiums in later model Entegras, and what was involved. Knowing what I know now, I would have installed the LOSSIGY the Newmar owner did instead of the L16's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, lithium, 12v