Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2022, 03:38 PM   #1

Living Room TV mount upgrade help

So, the living room TV and sound bar in my 2019 Entegra Aspire 42DEQ are mediocre at best. I want to install better components that will be slightly larger that the factory Samsung units. Well, the TV mount is straight out of the Flintstones! Here are some Google Photos of the factory TV and mounting bracket: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7dN1pG3Y8EwvUnu4A I have to believe someone has upgraded to a mount that has ability to swivel and articulate. Anyone have any suggestions on a great mounting solution AND a clean way to do it? I DO NOT want to penetrate the walls, so it would need to be something that mounts onto the solid surface above the fireplace just like the factory version.

Oh... and I'm fully aware I'll need to implements a solution to secure the mount from articulating or moving when I'm in transit.

Thanks!
Darrin
Darrin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2022, 03:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Here you go, step by step with photos. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tv-...ml#post3408257
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #3

Gene did a great job but used a arm I was unwilling to pay for. I used a cheaper one.
Difference? I doubt Gene’s ever moved when under way.
Mine? Wiggles a bit, but a pool noodle took care of it.

As shown, just mount your new articulating one to the existing base.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:53 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Just use a standard wall mount of your choice and bolt it to the Entegra assembly. Here are some photos of mine:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/acChJzSj6MgtxnVp8

You will need to futz with spacers and VESA bolt lengths which will vary with the TV.

We use some strong magnets to hold it closed during travel. Don't even need to attach them, just place between the arms and the backplate. Has been in use daily since 2016 and works great.

Strongly suggest checking the screws that hold the base of the Entegra mount, mine were just wallboard screws into a plywood panel underneath the solid surface and some were stripped. I replaced the back two screws with threaded bolts, nuts and fender washers. There will be considerably more stress on those screws when the TV is pulled out on the mount.

This is the mount I used but there are many choices:

https://a.co/d/7VIyyrj

It works fine for the factory TV as well as a newer 50" QLED we installed in 2020. I mounted the soundbar under the TV so it pulls out and swivels with the set. We are happy with this setup.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 07:54 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Just use a standard wall mount of your choice and bolt it to the Entegra assembly. Here are some photos of mine:
This is all I did when I replaced the Samsung when the screen started to fail with an LG. Side benefit was the front TV does not come on when using the main TV which DW loves.

This mount has a built in latch.

MORryde TV1-006H Extending Swivel TV Wall Mount
https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-TV1-0.../dp/B007HRUUSG
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade