Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

Location of Air Line Quick-Connects - 2018 Model Year

As many of you probably know, Entegra includes one or more air line "quick-connects" as part of the build. The only issue is that the particular quick-connects they use are a bit different than most, so it's hard to find fittings that work with what Entegra installs.

The solution is to replace the factory-installed quick-connects with universal quick-connects. I'm in the process of doing that on our 2018 Cornerstone and was virtually certain the coach had at least two such quick-connects.

I found one mounted near the ceiling of the second basement storage compartment on the passenger side of the coach (the compartment right behind the basement refrigerator/freezer compartment). When I couldn't find a second one, I called my buddy Mark Quasius who has a 2017 Cornerstone.

Mark related that his coach has a quick-connect in the same location as the one I found on our coach, plus one in the engine compartment, and a third that Entegra was kind enough to install for him upon request.

So I went looking for a quick-connect in the engine compartment. Mark told me his is located right next to the steel coolant recovery tank, but I couldn't find one there or anywhere else in my engine compartment. Mark has the ISX engine and I have the X15, but I can't imagine that makes any difference in this situation.

So, I'm reaching out to owners of 2018 Entegras for any info you may have on the location of air line quick-connects on your coaches. Do you have only one quick-connect? Or do you have more than one and if so, where are they? (Yes, I did try checking the manuals that Entegra provided but didn't find anything there.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #2

Hi Larry, our 2017 Aspire has one located in the ceiling of the 2nd bay. I have found it fairly useful once in the past.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #3

Thanks Matt. That sounds like the same one I've found so far.

Are you saying, as I think you are, that the quick-connect you mentioned is the only one on your coach? And that I am perhaps looking for a second one that isn't present?

You mentioned finding your quick-connect "fairly useful once in the past." If you're referring to the incident I think you're referring to, I would deem that way beyond "fairly useful." The words "borderline life saving" come to mind...
Old 07-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Larry

I have never found one in the engine compartment of my 19 Cornerstone. Standard one on the ceiling of the 2nd basement compartment essentially right between the first and second compartment.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:07 PM   #5

Larry, mine isn’t a 2018, but my 2017 has one in the second bay, one in the engine compartment and one in the generator compartment. I don’t know why they put one in engine compartment, but I think there should be one in the generator compartment in case you ever need to be towed, god forbid.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Larry

I have never found one in the engine compartment of my 19 Cornerstone. Standard one on the ceiling of the 2nd basement compartment essentially right between the first and second compartment.

Gary
Yes Gary, that is the only one I've found so far.

I wasn't overly humiliated when Mark told me he has three quick-connects since I was pretty certain I had two - and could always add a third if we happened to end up in the same campground and he tried to pull bragging rights on me.

But if he has three and I have only one, now that's a seriously mortifying situation!!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Larry, mine isn’t a 2018, but my 2017 has one in the second bay, one in the engine compartment and one in the generator compartment. I don’t know why they put one in engine compartment, but I think there should be one in the generator compartment in case you ever need to be towed, god forbid.
Another 2017 owner with three quick-connects! Oh the shame of owning a lowly 2018!! (Gary you may be similarly underprivileged with your 2019.)

On a slightly more serious note, I did take a quick look in the generator compartment earlier today, but didn't see a quick-connect in there. I'll look again in the morning.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Another 2017 owner with three quick-connects! Oh the shame of owning a lowly 2018!! (Gary you may be similarly underprivileged with your 2019.)

On a slightly more serious note, I did take a quick look in the generator compartment earlier today, but didn't see a quick-connect in there. I'll look again in the morning.
I wouldn’t spend too much time in the generator compartment, doubt you’ll find one there.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Larry,
Easy solution if more ports are needed. Add an air doubler, or tap into the existing air line then run air connections where you would like to have them. I have them on both sides of the coach making it easy to air the tires with a single small air hose. If that helps. The single line did not service my like

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #10

Thanks Chuck. I thought of doing that and probably will.

My current objective is to locate any of the oddball quick-connects Entegra may have installed and change them out in favor of universal quick-connects.

So far it appears there may be only one Entegra-installed quick-connect on my 2018.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #11

Larry

Before you do that, make sure you call the towing companies and see what version of the quick disconnects that they use as I think that is the real reason those connects are in our coaches (I really dont think they put them there for us to air up our tires, but that is an assumption), and I think there are adapters that go from one format to another (I think tha) there are three standard formats for those pneumatic quick disconnects). Alternately, call truck towing companies and see if they carry all the various adapters with them so you are compatible if heavens forbid, you ever need a tow....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:17 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Larry

Before you do that, make sure you call the towing companies and see what version of the quick disconnects that they use as I think that is the real reason those connects are in our coaches (I really dont think they put them there for us to air up our tires, but that is an assumption), and I think there are adapters that go from one format to another (I think tha) there are three standard formats for those pneumatic quick disconnects). Alternately, call truck towing companies and see if they carry all the various adapters with them so you are compatible if heavens forbid, you ever need a tow....

Gary
Wouldn't that be the purpose of a "universal" quick connector? I'm pretty sure they cover at least Automotive (what Entegra uses) and Industrial (what I find on most air tools), and another that I can't think of right now. Thanks to Larry's post, I already feel stchewpid (stupid), I went and made my only type-to-type adapters before even thinking about a universal connector .
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Larry

Gary
Good points, Gary. As Dewey indicated, I'm hopeful the "Universal" quick-connect I installed will cover it, but I'm holding on to the original Entegra-installed quick-connect just in case. Quick & easy to swap one for the other.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Gary... just an FYI, but this is the one I've had my eye on for quite awhile: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...00AV/100019500. You'll notice in the description that it fits "most popular styles", and specifically calls out industrial (an extremely common connector) and automotive (the connector that Entegra uses). The reason I mentioned feeling so stupid is because I was thinking of building a couple hoses using this connector just for the Entegra basement air connector. It never crossed my mind that I could just exchange Entegra's air connector for this one.. DUH!
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, cat