Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #1

Location of front temp sensor on my coach

Can anyone tell me where the front temperature sensor "thermostate" is located on my 2020 Anthem F floor plan? It seems to always be reading way different than other zones.
Thanks in advance for any assistance guys.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2022, 08:54 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The temperature sensor is located on the wall right next to the top of the passengers seat. To be accurate in needs to be set out away from the wall about 3/4 of an inch. The factory location is inside of the wall and it is reading the outside temperature.
I used longer screws and plastic tubing painted black. The how to came from Noel many years ago and has solved the problem on 3 different coaches for me. The hole was filled with insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-19 10.12.09.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	355505  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:36 AM   #3

If you really are asking about the front third of the coach, then Chuck is exactly correct. Maybe you mean the sensor for the ambient outside temperature?

If you have not performed the modification that Chuck is discussing (virtually all of us have made that modification since about 2014 )(but for some reason, Entegra never updates its assembly line production location, even though it has been a generally recognized poor installation process for 6 or 7 years now), you need to do it. My guess is that your poor temps are being produced by the front passenger side of the coach facing the sun, and the wood in that location is always "hot" in the daytime.

Unscrew the sensor, space it out a half inch or more with plastic tubes or something similar so it sensing the air temp rather than the temp of the sundrenched wood its attached to and reattach with longer screws. 20 minute fix. Priceless!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
If you really are asking about the front third of the coach, then Chuck is exactly correct. Maybe you mean the sensor for the ambient outside temperature?

If you have not performed the modification that Chuck is discussing (virtually all of us have made that modification since about 2014 )(but for some reason, Entegra never updates its assembly line production location, even though it has been a generally recognized poor installation process for 6 or 7 years now), you need to do it. My guess is that your poor temps are being produced by the front passenger side of the coach facing the sun, and the wood in that location is always "hot" in the daytime.

Unscrew the sensor, space it out a half inch or more with plastic tubes or something similar so it sensing the air temp rather than the temp of the sundrenched wood its attached to and reattach with longer screws. 20 minute fix. Priceless!

Gary
Is this mod required on all sensors?
Old 02-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #5

Not in my experience., The mid section sensor in my coach is about shoulder height on the outside of the half bath and the aft sensor is far enough inside to be no problem. Its only the front sensor that created problems, and the fix is really a fix.

\Gary
Old 02-04-2022, 10:44 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Not in my experience., The mid section sensor in my coach is about shoulder height on the outside of the half bath and the aft sensor is far enough inside to be no problem. Its only the front sensor that created problems, and the fix is really a fix.

\Gary
10-4. I will take a look.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Can anyone tell me where the front temperature sensor "thermostate" is located on my 2020 Anthem F floor plan? It seems to always be reading way different than other zones.
Thanks in advance for any assistance guys.

safe travels all
An Entegra Parent here - We had this issue in our 2005 TS - got the Factory to just put in new sensors - set them in the intake of the A/C - constant temps with very good results - simple and it has served us well for 17 years.

Just a thought as often simple is just - well easier and often Better.

The wall is, IMHO, just. the wrong spot for a sensor.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:37 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
Is this mod required on all sensors?
All of the other sensor are on interior walls and do read the temperature correctly. The front sensor picks up outside ambient temperature either hot or cold if in cold weather. Usually the thermostat set temperature and the temperature in the front of the coach will be off about 10 degree unless the sensor is moved out to where it is only reading the room temperature.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:55 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
All of the other sensor are on interior walls and do read the temperature correctly. The front sensor picks up outside ambient temperature either hot or cold if in cold weather. Usually the thermostat set temperature and the temperature in the front of the coach will be off about 10 degree unless the sensor is moved out to where it is only reading the room temperature.
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:32 AM   #10

temp

Thanks everone for the info. I never would have known. Much appreciated.

safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:08 AM   #11

Quote:
The temperature sensor is located on the wall right next to the top of the passengers seat. To be accurate in needs to be set out away from the wall about 3/4 of an inch. The factory location is inside of the wall and it is reading the outside temperature.
I used longer screws and plastic tubing painted black. The how to came from Noel many years ago and has solved the problem on 3 different coaches for me. The hole was filled with insulation.
Yep that mod works well.
J Gunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 06:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Are there any 3D printer files out there for this spacer, looking for something nicer than a cut ink pen.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #13

Never seen anything.... it is not that difficult or technical. Find some stiff plastic tubing, cut it with a razor or razor knife to an equal length, paint it whatever color you want (black works very well), and then find long wood screws that will pass through the plastic tubing and get a solid seating in the wood to make a solid support mount. You just want enough air space between the hot or cold wood wall and the sensor so the sensor is affected more by the ambient air temperature of the front section of the coach more than the wood and wall.

I spaced my sensor more like an inch away from the wall and it works very well.

Gary
Old 12-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransil View Post
Are there any 3D printer files out there for this spacer, looking for something nicer than a cut ink pen.
Are you saying that a 3D printer can make something better than molded plastic tubing. I used left over 1/4 in ice maker line, cut 3/4 inch and sprayed with it with left over black spay paint. Took less than 1 minute. I doubt a 3 D printer could do much better.

Tags
cat