Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #1

Locations of some devices on 2021 Esteem 27U

Good afternoon, all.

We are anxiously awaiting the delivery of our 2021 Entegra Esteem 27U, and we are pre-thinking everything to the point that we will have the motorhome practically worn out before we even get it!! But we're having great fun planning and getting ready for it.

I've taken lots of pictures of a "twin" sister coach at the local RV show, and have searched the Internet for information on many of the systems and appliances, but still have lots of questions.

Perhaps some on this form have found these things and already know the answers. Don't dig for anything, as in a little over a month we hope to have it. But here are my questions.

Inverter - Location and hopefully mfg & model number?
Converter - Location and hopefully mfg & model number? (Same unit as inverter?)
Transfer switch - Location and hopefully mfg & model number?
Surge protector - There isn't one, is there? I assume I would want to buy one.
Battery disconnect switch (Salesman switch operated) - Location?
Battery main disconnect switch - Is there one?
Water pump - Location and model?
Water filter - Location?
Does the Esteem come with a spare tire and/or jack? Probably not?

We are "upgrading" from an '06 Monaco Dynasty that we've owned since new, and I had that thing documented to the hilt. I'm just trying to get a jump on knowing what we have, when our new Esteem arrives.

Thank you all, cheers, and stay well!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2021, 07:04 AM   #2

I can answer some of these. I have a 2019 29V and some of what you ask is similar.

Surge Protector Not supplied, I bought a Progressive 30AMP and installed it in the power bay.

Battery disconnect switch is always installed at the doorway. It will have a red light on it.

There is no spare tire nor jack. I installed the Roadmaster spare tire kit that hangs off the rear hitch. It still allows for my toad.

Hope this helps, Nice rig!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #3

Thank you, OlYeller.

I took a couple of pictures of the battery "bay", and it looks like there is a 100 amp breaker on the inboard wall, and a couple of devices on the aft wall. On the aft wall there is a solenoid that I am guessing is the relay that is operated by that battery disconnect switch at the doorway. The other device looks like it has three large terminals and has a red, rubber-looking cover on it. Could be a diode battery isolator? Don't know. Will surely check it out as soon as we get our coach.

I suspected that to be the case about the surge protector. I will look at your solution, as well. I do think it is good to have one.

I also suspected the same regarding the spare tire. Our Dynasty did not have a spare, but that was ok. There's no way I would have been able to change it, so road service would be involved. Since that was the case, the spare really wasn't necessary or even practical. Heck, the lug bolt torque was 500 pound-feet. And once they were loosened, the tire and wheel would probably weigh 150 pounds. I'll have to think about whether a spare is in the cards. Probably not. But it's good to know that it does not come with one. I'll have to see if there's even a mount under the rear area of the coach to hold one. Based on what you did, I suspect there are no such provisions.

OlYeller, thank you for your answers. That's very helpful. Cheers and blessings!
Old 04-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #4

My Progressive unit has saved the electronics in my RV twice in 2 years.

My recent experience with a flat reinforced my decision to carry a spare. I am 68 and have a heart condition. There is no way I’m changing a tire. It took roadside service 2 attempts to get someone competent and equipped to change a tire last month. The first guy showed up in a Prius and only had automotive tools. He was flummoxed by my lug nut covers and didn’t have a large enough socket once I showed him how to remove them. My first call was at 10 AM on a Sunday morning. Fortunately I discovered the flat prior to being on the road. I was in a larger city in Florida. They finally sent a guy in a tow truck with proper equipment at 6PM! Can you imagine how much longer I would have had to wait while they sourced a tire and found someone available with the equipment to mount it? Imagine you were stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for that. A spare is a good thing to have even if you won’t be the one to change it.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:44 AM   #5

UPDATE - Ok, I've found nearly all of what I was in search.

Still looking for "stuff" in our new Esteem 27U. Here's where I am on the search!

Under the Bed!
Transfer Switch (Small) - Switches source for inverter fed outlets between GEN and LINE
Transfer Switch (Large) - Switches source between GEN and LINE for all AC loads
Inverter - True sine wave, convert battery 12VDC to 120VAC for selected outlets
Converter/Charger - Provide 12VDC for charging when 120VAC available
Controller (PowerGear) for the front slide
Four relays - Only one I've identified so far is for holding tank heat control
537.4 miles of every type and color of wire and/or cable you can imagine

Under the floor of the coach!
Black tank - Between the frame rails, above the gray tank (Dang!!)
Gray tank - Slung below the black tank

Other!
Water pump - Under the cupboards and drawers on back wall
Water filter - Same (Access by pulling drawer or removing grill panel)

STILL HAVE NOT FOUND???
Does anyone have any idea where the fresh water tank is installed???? I have not been able to identify any space, anywhere, that isn't accounted for. I tried drilling a hole in the back wall of the compartment under the bed, thinking it was under there. However, that merely went thru to the large, under-slide cubby, outside! It holds over 40 gallons of water, so it isn't a small thing! It has to be over 3' by over 3', if it's 6" thick!

The search continues!!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #6

On my 26D, the water tank is on the driver side in front of the axel. It is behind the fresh water tank drain spigot.
Weeds636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:01 AM   #7

Thank you, "Weeds". I will check that out, and it really makes sense. Twice, I worked my way around the coach with my cell phone camera taking pictures up and in behind the bottom of the sidewalls, in hope of capturing at least some of what was under there without actually crawling under there. I don't recall seeing it, but I was actually looking more mid-ship and aft, since that was where the water comes in and where most all of the uses are located. I'll check it out.

I have finally located most everything, with the gold mine being the "box" under the mattress. Now I'm making a connection diagram of everything in there. I'll end up with a fairly accurate schematic of the DC and AC distribution systems. That paid of in spades, many times over, in our '06 Dynasty. Luckily, in the case of the old Monaco, they provided about 200 pages of 11" x 17" drawings. Very helpful!!

Again, "Weeds", thank you for sharing what you've found.

Cheers and happy RV'ing!
Old 06-14-2021, 09:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Thank you, "Weeds". I will check that out, and it really makes sense. Twice, I worked my way around the coach with my cell phone camera taking pictures up and in behind the bottom of the sidewalls, in hope of capturing at least some of what was under there without actually crawling under there. I don't recall seeing it, but I was actually looking more mid-ship and aft, since that was where the water comes in and where most all of the uses are located. I'll check it out.

I have finally located most everything, with the gold mine being the "box" under the mattress. Now I'm making a connection diagram of everything in there. I'll end up with a fairly accurate schematic of the DC and AC distribution systems. That paid of in spades, many times over, in our '06 Dynasty. Luckily, in the case of the old Monaco, they provided about 200 pages of 11" x 17" drawings. Very helpful!!

Again, "Weeds", thank you for sharing what you've found.

Cheers and happy RV'ing!

Call customer support and they should be able to email you the schematics.

Unless you like to draw them yourself of course.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:39 AM   #9

Thank you, Jeff. I sent a request via their website, yesterday. We'll see what they have to say. If that doesn't work out, I'll try the phone approach. Cheers and happy RV'ing!!

Tags
cat