Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 11:22 PM   #1

Long week

All - after two new tag tires in Arizona leading to a tag, drive axle, and front end alignment, a loose key cylinder leaving me stranded for a couple of hours until I was able to fix it, a blown transfer switch (specifically the ďone and doneĒ surge protection) and finally Iíve made it to Malibu with a beautiful view of the pacific camping for a week or so at the Malibu beach RV resort.

But...what do you know? When it rains it pours. This POS whirlpool washing machine still refuses to start. Iíll spare the details after doing significant research on this site. Sounds like whirlpool just plain sucks, so I wonít even try and fix it.

My question: what have you replaced these crappy machines with? What are you using? I have the 42RBQ which puts the washer an dryer in the middle of the coach. I need something similar in size obviously and clearly a better machine in general.

Thanks for your help!

JD
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #2

JD

Welcome to the world of "carefree motorcoach ownership". I have had more than one or two of those trips and weeks..... thankfully, I'm beginning to get this Cornerstone "dialed in".

Now I just guess that this adds insult to injury, but our washer and dryer have just "hummed" along without incident.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
J.H. did a nice post about the newer Whirpools being much better than the older models. He purchased his a Lowe's where they came out and installed it.
I had a 14 RBQ, the newer Whirlpools are much nicer than my older model was.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #4

Our 21cornerstone is 1 yr this month. We have done 2 loads in a yr due to the whirlpool not working. I plan I replacing it with a splendide. This whirlpool didnít work out of the box. Unit was replaced but new one needed a new board before it would work.

My buddy just bought a 21 anthem. His starts and runs on its own while driving. However wonít run when he tries to do laundry.

Not a fan of whirlpool
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:43 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
JD - Sorry about all your challenges. Enjoy the beautiful views of Malibu.
Were you using a separate internal or external surge protector as well when your one and done failed?

Gary - You have that coach so dialed in it has probably went up in value since you bought it. Seriously, the number of problems new coach owners have makes me want to shop for a 19 or 20 not a 22. Or just keep what I have….

Hal and Pam
2017 Entegra Cornerstone - B
2020 Ford Edge ST
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
J.H. did a nice post about the newer Whirpools being much better than the older models. He purchased his a Lowe's where they came out and installed it.
I had a 14 RBQ, the newer Whirlpools are much nicer than my older model was.
What year did they get better? We have been using our Whirlpools a lot on this trip. The dryer works fine, just takes a good hour for a full load. Washer, no problems as of yet, but we mainly use the "Quick" program mode, which is only 30 min and cold water.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #7

Hal

Well my experience is that the first two years are the worst..... no wait, I've only kept one coach for 3.5 years so maybe I am mistaken. I guess there are some owners who literally have two carefree years of no problems and the coach does everything it is supposed to, and every trip carefully planned out happens exactly the way that it is planned...... but I don't know any of those owners and it certainly is nothing I can relate to personally.

However, then everything works just great and we get to visit the "world" that we are trying to visit.... the sun comes out, the smiles begin to creep across our faces, and the world is good....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #8

If your Whirlpool washer looks like mine in the image below, I have come up with a startup procedure that works for me 95% of the time. After having replaced the lock, the door switch, control board, timer board, reseated every single electrical connection and tightened every ground inside the machine, none of those made any difference. I finally found a startup procedure that works 95% of the time. It is a bit of a pat your head while rubbing your tummy event but I can almost always get it to start if I follow this checklist to the letter.

1. Open door and load clothes
2. Leave door open
3. Select wash cycle desired (wash light will flash)
4. Close door
5. Press start switch until light next to switch illuminates
6. Open door and then close door firmly
7. Drum will move just slightly and then stop
8. Door locked light will be on constant and draining/unlocking light will flash
9. The washer then goes into some sort of weight determination that will take approximately 2 minutes...be patient
10. Timer countdown drops 1 minute from your original program value
11. Washing shall commence.....95% of the time
12. IF the timer drops a minute and you see no action...bump the door near the latch with your hand.

I totally agree that you should never have to go through such crap to do your laundry but IT DOES work for me. I have this checklist taped to the inside of the cabinet door.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D2A11220-FB4A-43FF-B074-8E028590EA21.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	327265  
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:36 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadurlin View Post
All - after two new tag tires in Arizona leading to a tag, drive axle, and front end alignment, a loose key cylinder leaving me stranded for a couple of hours until I was able to fix it, a blown transfer switch (specifically the ďone and doneĒ surge protection) and finally Iíve made it to Malibu with a beautiful view of the pacific camping for a week or so at the Malibu beach RV resort.

But...what do you know? When it rains it pours. This POS whirlpool washing machine still refuses to start. Iíll spare the details after doing significant research on this site. Sounds like whirlpool just plain sucks, so I wonít even try and fix it.

My question: what have you replaced these crappy machines with? What are you using? I have the 42RBQ which puts the washer an dryer in the middle of the coach. I need something similar in size obviously and clearly a better machine in general.

Thanks for your help!

JD

Hi JD

We have a 2013 anthem RBQ and took them out and made a pantry. So much better now with lots of room
Old 05-04-2021, 07:44 PM   #10

MotorHead

We have a 2012 Aspire DEQ with the same washer. Replaced the washer early within our two year warranty and basically follow your procedure. 95% is pretty accurate for us as well.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:30 AM   #11

Thanks everyone!

Great reading everyoneís experiences. It does make me feel better that Iím not the only one. As for the surge protection/transfer switch fault, there was a fault when I picked it up from the alignment shop. I have a weird feeling something happened when it was at the shop. I canít prove it, but when I flew in to pick it up from Arizona, it showed a fault. No idea what happened. I ordered a new transfer switch and am using an external surge protection on the post until I get home. I called entegra and they couldnít diagnose. The guy kept telling me heís never heard of anything like it. Oh well.

As for the washer, Iím going to replace the unit. It seems insane to continue going through a process for it to work 95% of the time. Iím my case, it works maybe 40% of the time. Iíve been using the same process for a while. Itís progressively getting worse.

At any rate, Iíll probably find something similar and hope it fits into the same washer cavity as the original. Wish me luck!

JD
Jadurlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
At any rate, Iíll probably find something similar and hope it fits into the same washer cavity as the original. Wish me luck!

JD

Just for ha-ha's I looked for the replacement Whirlpools and they are out of stock locally until July. My S&B neighbor just went through that trying to replace his W&D. Hopefully it will be easier in your area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:39 AM   #13

If I were to go to the trouble of replacing my washer, it would not be another Whirlpool!
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Thanks for your help!

JD
Have a 2017 Newmar. Came with a Whirlpool washer & dryer. Not sure of model numbers. But experienced all the washer issues listed......

We live in our rig during the winter so a washer & dryer are important. After numerous repair attempts we replaced our Whirlpool with a Slendide listed below. Fit right where the Whirlpool washer was. We still use the Whirlpool dryer.

WFL1300XD Washer - Splendide Laundry Centers

Good luck.....

g
Indy Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote