Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #1

Looking to purchase a 2013 Aspire 42RBQ

I'm looking at a 2013 Aspire 42RBQ with 6000 miles for sale by owner. The coach has been garaged since new and only used twice so it's like new. They are asking $200,000. and I'm thinking it's worth closer to $180,000. NADA shows high retail at $203,000 and low retail is $173,000. I would like to know if anyone has an opinion of the value?

Thanks
Qlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:01 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
If it only has 6,000 miles and looks like new that would put the value at high end of book. If it had 60,000 miles worn our interior would put the value at the low end of book. I think the seller has done his homework and is priced right. I sold my previous MH at $4,000 above high book because of condition and had a bidding war between 2 purchasers. If it's priced right, it going to sell.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I'm not sure what area of the country you are in, but I just did a NADA search and came up with an average retail of $214,000 for the coach. If you can get it for 200,000 in that condition, I'd say you're getting a good deal. There were options in 2013 that may or may not be included but I don't know of any Aspires out there that do not have the stacked washer/dryer and fireplace and most have the fourth TV. Did you consider the options when you looked at value? I know I'm prejudiced since we own one, but I think you're dreaming at $180,000.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:24 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
If you buy that coach, I recommend that you take it first to Spartan and get a full service done, particularly having the chassis retorqued which is supposed to be done between 3000 and 5000 miles. That is unless the current owner can show you receipts that the maintenance was done. Big Mike at Spartan says grease 'em every six months. Was the oil ever changed in the generator?
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuppajoe View Post
If you buy that coach, I recommend that you take it first to Spartan and get a full service done, particularly having the chassis retorqued which is supposed to be done between 3000 and 5000 miles. That is unless the current owner can show you receipts that the maintenance was done. Big Mike at Spartan says grease 'em every six months. Was the oil ever changed in the generator?
What exactly is "re torquing the chassis "?
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlake View Post
I'm looking at a 2013 Aspire 42RBQ with 6000 miles for sale by owner. The coach has been garaged since new and only used twice so it's like new. They are asking $200,000. and I'm thinking it's worth closer to $180,000. NADA shows high retail at $203,000 and low retail is $173,000. I would like to know if anyone has an opinion of the value?

Thanks
Based on our experience last September selling our 2013 RBQ I think you can do better than $200K unless the book values have increased since then (doubtful).

Ours had about 24K miles, but was in pristine condition with two new front tires, recent service, all records, all options and several upgrades. I priced it at $195K initially, had a few bites and a deal that fell thru when the owner couldn't get financing. Later when I cut the price by $10K more, the stuff hit the fan and I could have sold it 10 times over, so that should give you an idea where the sweet spot was 6 months ago.

If the seller is buying a new coach (like we were)
he may be happy to take a below dealer market price to avoid a much less lucrative trade in. OTOH if they are just unloading it they might want to hold out for the highest bid.

If you make a non contingent offer with full finance approval in hand, or better yet with cash, the owner may be more inclined to sweeten the deal.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase