Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Losing air when parked

I have spent vey little time with my coach parked when it wasn't on the jacks. It's been in my driveway for 4-5 days, off jacks, and the front airbags have slowly deflated. Rear appears to have stayed up. Is that normal? We had a cold front go through and the average temperature dropped 20-30 degrees.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Mine does the same thing.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:21 PM   #3

Vance, mine did the same thing when I got the mh. Entegra installed check valves at each position and now it will stay aired up for days. Also Spartan fixed some air leaks and now my air pressure will stay above 65 psi for at least a week. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I talked to PJ. He said it is normal to lose air over a period of time. He also said Spartan will tell you the airbags can completely deflate in a 24 hour period.

He also recommended when you air up to let it run at fast idle for 2-3 minutes then hit "All Retract," even if you didn't have jacks down, which re-energizes the valves.
2013 Thor Challenger 37GT (Traded)
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #5

Ours too will deflate over a period of time and we were also told and follow procedure same as TX Bart.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
He also recommended when you air up to let it run at fast idle for 2-3 minutes then hit "All Retract," even if you didn't have jacks down, which re-energizes the valves.
On my previous Spartan, that was normal procedure. In cold weather I could not air up without recycling the dump valve. The dump valve also seem to get worse with age.

Air line connection do shrink with cold weather and will leak air much faster than in warm weather.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #7

Our Anthem settles only after reversing. My assumption is the tag dump stays open if you shut down too fast. I put the coach back in drive, then neutral to close the valve and run the idle up to max out the air. Coach will stay aired up for weeks that way. Give it a try to see if it lasts longer.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #8

most mfgrs will tell you that your system will lose significantly more than it should so that you do not contact them. Loss of significant air over a 24-48 hour period is frequently due to a loose connection on one of the air lines. Check valves can certainly create a challenge when attempting to get air to either the front or back. If you have access to air line connections you can spray a water/dish soap mix to locate the leak.
beachbum480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post

There certrainly is a lot of valuable information that can be learned from this forum, thanks for posting this.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
soap mix

While looking for leaks on my spartan chassis, I called spartan to discuss the issue and they said to use the kids bubble solution as it works better that a soap/water solution.
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
While looking for leaks on my spartan chassis, I called spartan to discuss the issue and they said to use the kids bubble solution as it works better that a soap/water solution.
Thats what I use. $.99 at the Dollar Store. Includes a bubble wand for later use.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote