Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2014, 05:47 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Darn, I was hoping for the best. Thank you for reminding be to grab my large alan wrenches to check the tightness on mine this morning.

If any of mine are loose they will be sealed with Loctite, but if not, I won't break the seal and leave well enough alone. As long as I have been around Equalizer jacks, yours I think is a rare case. Your luck is running about like mine......."we have never had that happen before."
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
I have to check, but are the jack pads rigidly attached to the posts? If so, what happens when you are on a very sloped solid surface? The stresses on the jack pad must be immense. If so, I'm not surprised one could fall off once in a while. I'm not at my coach, so I can't check this out.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Mine pivot from the center so they conform to the terrain. I thought Entegra used the same setup, but I could be wrong.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Lou,
I am going to be checking mine tomorrow. The Equalizer on the Entegra are not of the same quality we had on the TS. The rams are about 1/2 the diameter and the pads are not as heavy. I am going to check the swivel in the morning along with the bolts.

On the TS I had the main leveling computer replace under warranty. On the Entegra all 4 jack and the motor have been replaced already.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #19

Nor'easters Club
Chuck,

In the pic it looks like the bottom of the hydraulic cylinder is spherical shaped which makes sense for the pad to pivot. However, I should have picked up they are different when Wineman estimated the pads weight about 5 lbs. I'm guessing mine are 10-15 lbs easily and the cylinders are about the largest I've seen on any rig. Also, mine have a limit switch on the bottom that is used to illuminate the red light when the jack is lowered, which I don't see in the pic. In any case, I would agree with RW8804 that if they are fixed the point loading would be immense. I'd be interested in what you find.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:55 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Lou, On my TS they had a mod that moved the limit switch to the top. Too many were getting damaged from road salt that were on the bottom. They sent me the kit and I changed them on the TS.

I checked my pads today, it takes a 1/2 inch alan wrench for those that want to check tightness. The pads do swivel when the jacks are lowered, but they are locked when retracted. Everything looked good on mine, but I did see a wet spot on one of the jack, but that could have been from when the changed the jacks. I will clean it and keep an eye on it. Good heads up George, thanks for the post. Any news from Equalizer?
Old 09-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #21

I had one bolt to back out on mine. I removed the bolt, cleaned and put on a heavy dose of blue loctite. Luckily I caught mine at home. I wanted to use an air hammer on it, but not good cuz it wouldn't move. lol..
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineman View Post
Peter, thats a good point. It was the front passenger jack. I'll have to get under the MH and look all the way back. I better check the Jeep Grand Cherokee that we were towing also. It was starting to get dark when we got home so I didn't get a chance except to take a picture of the missing jack when I noticed it. Glad I didn't put jacks down right away, that would've put a nice little hole in driveway!!!

Here's another picture I took also.

I would call the previous campground and have them ck your site. It may still be sitting there looking for its Owner.
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Lou, On my TS they had a mod that moved the limit switch to the top. Too many were getting damaged from road salt that were on the bottom. They sent me the kit and I changed them on the TS.

I checked my pads today, it takes a 1/2 inch alan wrench for those that want to check tightness. The pads do swivel when the jacks are lowered, but they are locked when retracted. Everything looked good on mine, but I did see a wet spot on one of the jack, but that could have been from when the changed the jacks. I will clean it and keep an eye on it. Good heads up George, thanks for the post. Any news from Equalizer?
Thanks for the advice. I've been unable to look underneath my coach to check for tightness. Chuck, since it swivels, does it look like some part needs grease once in a while?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
There is nothing that can be greased, it is all inclosed. The pads only swivel a slight amount.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:25 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
That concerns me a little. I've stopped in sites that may be more or less level, but with potholes. One such site's shape requires that I put one jack into a pothole. I carry a few 2x6's to help with that (don't we all?). If my jack pad does not swivel enough, it could be a problem.

I'll try to call Equalizer next week and have a chat.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:54 AM   #26

Entegra got back to me yesterday and they are shipping a jack plate and screw to me. I will buy some Loctite and put it on also. Someone mentioned that when installing it I'll have to hold the cylinder to keep it from spinning. Don't have a tool for that. What should I get to hold it while installing the jack plate?
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineman View Post
Entegra got back to me yesterday and they are shipping a jack plate and screw to me. I will buy some Loctite and put it on also. Someone mentioned that when installing it I'll have to hold the cylinder to keep it from spinning. Don't have a tool for that. What should I get to hold it while installing the jack plate?

A decent strap wrench will do the trick for the Ram. The concern is scratching the ram could cause issues.. Good luck with the fix

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
George, If you have a Harbor Freight close by 2 Pc Rubber Strap Wrench Set

They are a good thing to have in the MH with spare fuel filters. I have had to change fuel filters a couple of times on the road due to bad fuel.

Glad Equalizer is sending the parts...are the sending the large alan wrench. If not, you'll need a 1/2 in alan wrench, might as well get that while you are at Harbor Freight