Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2018, 05:03 AM   #1

Lost all HDMI inputs Samsung tv's

Input menu shows cable connected.... but screen says no signal.....lots of google search......no luck....
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2018, 06:07 AM   #2

What is at the other end of the HDMI cable? No signal can mean none is being" seen and accepted" by the TV, and also means that whatever was sending signal down the cable is no longer sending signal down the HDMI cable. Check the cable for jiggling loose or off and whatever you have connected to the TV is working properly. Also, try changing HDMI sockets on the TV. Most TVs have 3 or 4 HDMI sockets in them and if one has failed for one reason, the others should still be working.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Do you have the Matrix? If so start in the basement with the Matrix remote. More of the lighting cancelling everything out that had a setting before, or components are just going to die from lighting damage. I have been there on my S&B. It was 6 months of replacements.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Do you have the Matrix? If so start in the basement with the Matrix remote.
Agreed. Switch the TV and Blue ray outputs on the matirx, then change the setting on your VT to blue ray. In my case my matirx was defective and switching the outputs worked
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:06 AM   #5

Bought a new HDMI cable and I am running dish receiver directly to back of Samsung TVs in the coach and cannot get any signal to the TV even though the HDMI shows on the TV and put that cable is connected. I'm taking the Matrix completely out of the loop. It seems that the TVs won't identify the signal or the HDMI boards are cooked on all TVs. Took Dish receiver next door and plugged it in Neighbors TV with HDMI cable and it works fine there.

Mitch
Old 09-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Can you get to another HDMI port on the TV to try it? Does that sat work on any of the TVs? Sat and antenna could have taken a hit and died.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Can you get to another HDMI port on the TV to try it? Does that sat work on any of the TVs? Sat and antenna could have taken a hit and died.
No. Sat doesn't work on any tv......over air works with coax.....Sat works if I use component cables. Still weird that the TV is noticing that something is plugged into an HDMI port but will not identify a signal....

Mitch
Old 09-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
No. Sat doesn't work on any tv......over air works with coax.....Sat works if I use component cables. Still weird that the TV is noticing that something is plugged into an HDMI port but will not identify a signal....
That just sounds strainge.
Sat will not work on any of the TV's connected to an HDMI port, all 4 TV's? but will work connected with component cables...again the same on all 4 TV's?
Old 09-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #9

Maybe apples and oranges but,,, my Zenith (LG) showed no signal on hdmi 1 about 2 years ago. Input was direct from the Directv receiver. Thought for sure it was the receiver but after calling and working with Directv, found that it was in the television. Tried hdmi 2 and still got no signal. Plugged into the 3rd hdmi input, which is on the side of the television, and signal came back.

Got to researching and found that some LG and Samsung owners had the same issue with their televisions. There are some tricks out there (basically heating things up to the point solder flows and reconnects) that I am hesitant to try. Buying and installing a new board is an option of course. Since mine is working with the 3rd input, i'm leaving things alone for now.

I see the last reply states that the receiver doesn't work on any TV. The problem could be at the satellite receiver's hdmi connector, maybe a broken soldered connection. The fix that I'm hesitant to try could possibly be tried there. There is quite a bit of info on the net that pertains to this.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #10

To test the TV HDMI port couldn't you move your DVD HDMI into the port your direct TV was using and start a DVD to see if it will play?
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mitch, I was hoping Mallory would see your post.....he also suffered a lightning strike and speaks from first hand experience. Searching his posts might give you some ideas on other things you might be experiencing. He did an excellent job documenting his experience.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #12

If you are trying to use cable tv connection make sure your over the air antenna is off.
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same problem. Check to see if the HDMI booster in the basement is plugged in. Mine failed and had to be replaced.
Jim
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #14

Just had a service tech at my business Friday. One of the 18 tv's I have as floor units ( an LG 65" model) did the same thing. It has been played as a display unit every day for 3 - 4 months. Just stopped one day last week. Tech replaced the main board on the TV. He said is can be a fairly common problem. If it's under warranty they might opt to fix it, if not, replace the tv