Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Loud pop under front during right turn from a driveway.

Second outing last week in a 2019 Anthem “F”. Three times in 800 miles while turning 90 degrees right from an uneven driveway, as in exiting a fuel station, etc. We heard a very loud pop from under the front of the coach. Anyone have any experience with this? Has anyone raised the front with the jacks ( without the tires leaving the concrete ) to inspect anything?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SLDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #2

Chasing the same noise on our 2019 Aspire. Spartan thought they had it but we are returning Wednesday this week for a second try at it.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Have ALL of the grease fitting been filled? That was a problem with the older Spartan chassis, leaving the factory with dry grease joints, it may still be the case. I had mine completely grease before leaving NIRVC upon delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Have ALL of the grease fitting been filled? That was a problem with the older Spartan chassis, leaving the factory with dry grease joints, it may still be the case. I had mine completely grease before leaving NIRVC upon delivery.
Yes, just had a complete lube last month by spartan. No change.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #5

Have you noticed any difference in vehicle sway since the noises started?

I ask because the leaving-the-driveway situation can cause a large differential in extension between the two front wheels, and the anti-sway systems (which tie the two sides together) are stressed. That's a typical time to break an anti-sway rod end - or cause a loose one to "pop" into another position.

(Disclaimer: I don't know your particular steering set-up at all.)
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
Have you noticed any difference in vehicle sway since the noises started?

I ask because the leaving-the-driveway situation can cause a large differential in extension between the two front wheels, and the anti-sway systems (which tie the two sides together) are stressed. That's a typical time to break an anti-sway rod end - or cause a loose one to "pop" into another position.

(Disclaimer: I don't know your particular steering set-up at all.)
Interesting point, will bring that along with Bell crank component to Spartans attention. Thanks
Old 09-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Our 2013 Anthem has always done that since day one. It is the generator moving just enough to make the bang.

It only happens every now and then and not any issue other than the noise
Old 09-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post
Our 2013 Anthem has always done that since day one. It is the generator moving just enough to make the bang.

It only happens every now and then and not any issue other than the noise
Had entegra check that last week and they said that was not it but I often wonder.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:17 AM   #9

Have you confirmed that it is coming from the front? I have heard this same pop/clunk and I thought I heard the pop coming from the front as well. Turns out it is coming from the rear. My kids were laying in bed watching a DVD when the pop/clunk occurred, they say it definitely is coming from the rear and to them it sounded like the driver's side. My wife confirmed the location as well when she was sitting at the dining room table. I have the coach at a Spartan facility now and they are supposed to let me know this week what they find.
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestew3 View Post
Have you confirmed that it is coming from the front? I have heard this same pop/clunk and I thought I heard the pop coming from the front as well. Turns out it is coming from the rear. My kids were laying in bed watching a DVD when the pop/clunk occurred, they say it definitely is coming from the rear and to them it sounded like the driver's side. My wife confirmed the location as well when she was sitting at the dining room table. I have the coach at a Spartan facility now and they are supposed to let me know this week what they find.
It happens when the front wheels are in the turn position entering a pitched driveway, campsite or 90* tight turn where there is slope and pitch in the pavement. Heading to spartan today.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm wondering the same thing. When our coach was new we had a loud bang (in our case going left) turning out of driveways with curbs. The fix at Spartan was to center the HTB (Hendrickson rear suspension) and tighten (torqued to the proper setting) the u-bolts. No bangs since then (knock on wood).
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:03 AM   #12

Quote:
It happens when the front wheels are in the turn position entering a pitched driveway, campsite or 90* tight turn where there is slope and pitch in the pavement. Heading to spartan today.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #13

Same issue here- please post what Spartan comes up with.
mag150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #14

Loud pop under front during right turn from a driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murry135 View Post

I’m betting on your bell crank having play. Our 14 Anthem had that noise in 16 when we were at Spartan school at Charlotte. Then in 18 at another Spartan school at Charlotte they determined it was the bell crank, of course on my dime and not during warranty ☹️
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote