Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2020, 06:32 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
The photo is from April 16, 2019 traveling from Labelle northeast to I-95. The photo was taken near Fort Pierce and was after we had already partially cleaned them once. As we proceeded north on I-95 that day they gradually diminished.

Heading north other years around the same dates on the same route we had no encounters with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190416_131306~2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	630.9 KB
ID:	284882  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2020, 07:33 AM   #16

This is easy........ think two words.... "SPRING" and "FALL" and it is anywhere in the southeast during those times.

I lived in Mississippi for 30 years and now Louisiana for 17 and "Love'Bugs" are all over anywhere in the SouthEast US. They get their name for what they are doing when they smash into your car.

The most important words in any of this to anyone who wanders into the SE during those times is:.............. DO NOT let them stay squished on your paint anywhere on the car/coach.... Get them off within a day or two. Their splattered bodies contain a substance that first softens your car or coach paint and then leaves a permanent discoloration and pit in the paint. Will ruin your paint for the life of your car. Nothing gets those marks off except a sanding, primering, and a paint job.

Take them seriously, or live with their memory while you own the car. No joke.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Old 05-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #17

Nor'easters Club
Jestal, ....AL, I wish I stayed at Wilderness RV park with you! We had snow here on Cape Cod yesterday. Joe
Old 05-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Jestal, ....AL, I wish I stayed at Wilderness RV park with you! We had snow here on Cape Cod yesterday. Joe
You should have stayed! We notice your empty site every day when we walk by. Very empty in here by now! We're leaving the end of the week so the place will be even emptier. Glad we missed the snow. We were supposed to be back in Michigan today but held off because of the weather
Old 05-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #19

Hey, thanks for the warning. That looks serious.
Wouldn't be happy about a paint job.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #20

We use to spray Pam Cooking spray on the front of our cars when I lived in Florida. Your need to wash it off daily, but does the job and protects the paint.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb3672 View Post
We use to spray Pam Cooking spray on the front of our cars when I lived in Florida. Your need to wash it off daily, but does the job and protects the paint.
What do you wash it off with?
Old 05-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb3672 View Post

Pam can stain the paint and other stuff. Here's a better solution :

https://www.thelovebugsolution.com/

The thing that makes me mad about this is I used to be able to get this stuff -- different manufacture -- at Sams for about $5 a GALLON.

Simply it sprays on and dries. It's kind of a soap film and gets between your paint and the bugs. Simply wash off with a hose. It cuts your cleaning time down about 90%.

The only down side to this is if you hit rain 1/2 way through your drive and it stops and you keep driving. You've lost all your protection and need to reapply. Time to hit the rest stop.

Do NOT spray on your glass, you won't be able to see through it.

Also remember that with luv-bugs that once they dry they stick to anything, and I mean anything including any type of paint treatment including ceramic. Do your cleaning within a couple hours of getting parked if you can.

Lived in FL over 40 years. I've seen it all.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Joe, SNOW is better then the LOVE BUG swarm today in Port Charlotte. The little buggers were everywhere and you couldn't be outside or you were covered in them. Disgusting !

No RV anymore !
Old 05-11-2020, 11:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Joe, SNOW is better then the LOVE BUG swarm today in Port Charlotte. The little buggers were everywhere and you couldn't be outside or you were covered in them. Disgusting !
Brian, it's getting warm here in Arizona this time of year, but in case you're wondering.......NO LOVE BUGS!

Come on out!
Old 05-12-2020, 06:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post

Luv bugs don't fly at night, you can still enjoy your evenings outside if you have some form of mosquito control
Old 05-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Brian, it's getting warm here in Arizona this time of year, but in case you're wondering.......NO LOVE BUGS!

Come on out!
If you’ll send me a ups shipping label I’ll send you a few! Hope they’re gone by the 22nd.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #27

So far they have not been bad this year in western Louisiana, though some years they coat everything. From what I have read they come out when the temperature crosses about 70 degrees 3 days in a row. Some years they are around for a week, other years more. They are also attracted to the scent of their own dead, so they can be seen in dense clouds around gas stations, and generally along roads.

As to removing them, the best thing I have found is common drug store / dollar store Hydrogen peroxide mixed 50/50 with water on a scrubbing pad like on the back side of a squeegee.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
If you’ll send me a ups shipping label I’ll send you a few! Hope they’re gone by the 22nd.
You are too kind!
Closed Thread