Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
At least I know what price my coach at to get a lot of attention.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #16

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
At least I know what price my coach at to get a lot of attention.
Tell you what, Chuck. Just pm me with a price like that and i'll be trading my antique for a classic! That way you won't be botherd with answering all those emails!!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #17

Scammer still trying

I did email a question to the scammer and Attached is a pic of the email from scammer . Received today . Rvt has identified it as a scam . Apparently using identity of a real .com company and changing response to a gmail account . I forwarded the email info to the company in Washington and rvt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7531.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	154091  
Dean757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Maybe a real deal. If it's an estate with an out of state executor trying to unload something sitting there eating up rent it might be listed at a price that will settle outstanding debt. I'd say worth a call and maybe a bit more checking.
NOT!!! Typo or fraud. Yeah, some guy will give away $100,000 for convienence. An executor might find himself personally liable for such malfeasance. Maybe it's a real Nigerian prince!!

That being said, go ask, go look. But beware. My MH was a repo listed at 100, booked at 110, I offered 52 and got it. 8yo with 15k on it. Neglected but not abused.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
NOT!!! Typo or fraud. Yeah, some guy will give away $100,000 for convienence. An executor might find himself personally liable for such malfeasance. Maybe it's a real Nigerian prince!!

That being said, go ask, go look. But beware. My MH was a repo listed at 100, booked at 110, I offered 52 and got it. 8yo with 15k on it. Neglected but not abused.
You have obviously not had to dispose of property multiple states away that is sitting there creating charges for where it is located. While I see the deal is a scam I have also seen several real deals that were not much different. Good luck with your suit if the executor is a lawyer.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
You have obviously not had to dispose of property multiple states away that is sitting there creating charges for where it is located. While I see the deal is a scam I have also seen several real deals that were not much different. Good luck with your suit if the executor is a lawyer.
Nice assumption, but, actually, you're wrong. As a career military man and the son of a career militery man, my family is very spread out. Also, MBA 101 gives me insight into law and business. I bought a '55 Chev 2-door post from the estate of a departed family member, and the executor gave me no deal, and I expected no deal. He did give the family the right to outbid any highest bidder, hence my '55. Part of an Executor's JOB is his fiduciary obligation to dispose of assets to realize the highest dollar amount for the creditors and heirs. Heck, maybe the executor would buy the half-price motorhome, and then get an easy flip at 75%, about $50,000 in this case. No that is malfeasance. Why would any creditor or heir allow such? Answer, they would not. Law stuff would rain down up in there. Heck, I'd skin the executor myself for less than 50 grand.

Again, it may be true, and I'm sure there are Nigerian princes. I'd just be very sceptical.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #21

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean757 View Post
I did email a question to the scammer and Attached is a pic of the email from scammer . Received today . Rvt has identified it as a scam . Apparently using identity of a real .com company and changing response to a gmail account . I forwarded the email info to the company in Washington and rvt.
Dean, I got the same email! Also forwarded it to RVT. No response from them to date.
Ran into one of these a few years back on a Travel Supreme in Houston. Guess there are more Nigerian Princes out there than we know about!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Nice assumption, but, actually, you're wrong. As a career military man and the son of a career militery man, my family is very spread out. Also, MBA 101 gives me insight into law and business. I bought a '55 Chev 2-door post from the estate of a departed family member, and the executor gave me no deal, and I expected no deal. He did give the family the right to outbid any highest bidder, hence my '55. Part of an Executor's JOB is his fiduciary obligation to dispose of assets to realize the highest dollar amount for the creditors and heirs. Heck, maybe the executor would buy the half-price motorhome, and then get an easy flip at 75%, about $50,000 in this case. No that is malfeasance. Why would any creditor or heir allow such? Answer, they would not. Law stuff would rain down up in there. Heck, I'd skin the executor myself for less than 50 grand.

Again, it may be true, and I'm sure there are Nigerian princes. I'd just be very sceptical.
Nice try. I have seen people try it and win and I have seen people hold out for top dollar and spend more on holding costs than they would have "lost" by taking an early low bid. Attorneys and bankers we have dealt with settling estates seem very tuned to that. I have also seen people give away as in free whole households rather than take the time to sort them out because they don't want the bother and don't need the money. I have also seen people try to ebay the dust on the floor scrambling for the last penny. Neither of us know what other conditions exist. Given that I would check it out. That is all I have said.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote