Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
"Low Primary Air" warning after AFO install

Had an Air Force One installed in my 2019 Reatta and Chevy Colorado. Now, every time I turn ignition on, I get a "Low Primary Air" warning which stays on until the rear air gauge rises to the normal level. Then everything is fine. Happens every time I start engine. I'm sure I'll have to return to the RV dealer that installed it, but I was hoping for some insight from this group. I will call Entegra & Spartan tomorrow (Monday) but if anybody could advise me as to what the problem could be, I would appreciate it because it will make me sound a lot smarter than I am when talking to the experts...
fallmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2021, 02:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallmeadow View Post
Had an Air Force One installed in my 2019 Reatta and Chevy Colorado. Now, every time I turn ignition on, I get a "Low Primary Air" warning which stays on until the rear air gauge rises to the normal level. Then everything is fine. Happens every time I start engine. I'm sure I'll have to return to the RV dealer that installed it, but I was hoping for some insight from this group. I will call Entegra & Spartan tomorrow (Monday) but if anybody could advise me as to what the problem could be, I would appreciate it because it will make me sound a lot smarter than I am when talking to the experts...

Make sure that your rear fitting is not stuck open on the coach when you remove the airline. If you press the brakes with no airline in it should not com out of that fitting.
rrk8091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 02:50 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It sounds like you have a leak in the added brake line somewhere, either at the connector or one of the other junction points.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
"Low Primary Air" warning after AFO install

First does the toad brake work as designed?

Where did they installed the relay valve? If it’s in the engine compartment check for air leaks there. Sounds like they have a air fitting that was not properly tightened.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The AF1 air tank is connected to the supply side which has full pressure all the time. Once you get to the relay valve you only get pressure on the output lines when you apply the brakes and energize the brake relay valve. If your air bleeds off while parked you undoubtedly have a leaky connection by the air tank's connections to the supply side due to a faulty installation.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:49 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
The AF1 air tank is connected to the supply side which has full pressure all the time. Once you get to the relay valve you only get pressure on the output lines when you apply the brakes and energize the brake relay valve. If your air bleeds off while parked you undoubtedly have a leaky connection by the air tank's connections to the supply side due to a faulty installation.

Agree but there is always full air pressure at at the relay valve on the supply side. I think that’s what you were saying.

I would start there, go to AF1 air tank, and follow the supply air line to the source. As Cruzer said there is only pressure going to the toad when the brakes are applied. So the problem would be on the supply side as you are loosing air pressure all the time.

It seems most installers located the relay valve, air tank, and protection valve up in the frame by the rear axle. That’s fine until you are looking for a leak/problem.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #7

How does Entegra’s Safe Haul system fit into this scenario regarding AF1?
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
How does Entegra’s Safe Haul system fit into this scenario regarding AF1?
The safe haul system is actually the coach end system that is placed on the chassis by Spartan. It involves a safety protection system that prevents a broken toad air line from causing the primary coach braking system to lose pressure.

The AF1 system really has two components - the coach system and the towed vehicle system. With the Safe Haul system the coach is already prepped for towing so you only need the towed vehicle portion of the AF1. My 2016 didn't come with that but I bought the system from Spartan and installed it myself and wrote up the install and wrote up the install on rvtechmag.com
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, install, warning