RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Chuck

I am certainly not trying to excuse the mess that this all created to early owners.... only explain why it was occurring, and can be resolved for those that are still having the same problem.

And I am equally surprised that owners are still having problems. A good friend of mine just picked up a '20 Anthem about 10 days ago, and he is still having problems with his TPMS sensors being set incorrectly and coming on frequently as he makes his merry way down an interstate..... He's either going to have to buy the programmer or get to another dealer to get the baselines set correctly.

One would think that 18 months of experience would have resolved these dealer problems...

Gary
I rest my case, not ready for prime time as it was delivered on my coach. For what the system cost the programming tool should be delivered with each coach. Even the BOSE system comes with earphones to program it with why not the TMPS if it has to be programmed?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I rest my case, not ready for prime time as it was delivered on my coach. For what the system cost the programming tool should be delivered with each coach. Even the BOSE system comes with earphones to program it with why not the TMPS if it has to be programmed?
I agree with Chuck, the programmer should come with the coach. Like I said mine has been flawless for 1500 miles, hope it stays that way.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #17

Someone mentioned above that Don may no longer do this consulting free. I have not talked to Don in over a year, but he was the preferred way to get this figured out. Don is an retired employee of the company who took on that service after he retired. He was very helpful. Now, if he has withdrawn from that role, that is a possibility and someone who knows for sure, please post it up here. If he has withdrawn, where does an owner buy a programmer if he/she wants to??

I have notes on our calculations with my loads and tire pressures (from the Michelin tables of loads and pressures) and the baselines that we decided to use. Those baselines have worked perfectly for those loads and pressures. I can dig out the information if he is no longer doing his consulting.

Now, in fact, I set my tire pressures higher than they needed to be set by 5-10 psi lower at each position, and although my alarm problem has not been an issue since we used those figures, I feel the ride is rougher than it needs to be, and I intend to reduce the tire pressures on the drive and tag axles to within "legal limits" but to improve the ride, and when I do that, I am going to need to adjust the baselines. Don sent me a printed owners manual on how to set up the programmer and how to change baselines values. If someone needs that manual, I can dig it out for you.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe I am off base...but should the fronts be 85 and rears 125# ?
Old 11-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #19

I'm not sure what you are referring but it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that the proper pressures should be 125 rear and 85 fronts.... Those pressures might easily be reversed with 85 being correct in the drive and tag axle tires, and 125 in the steer tires. Those are close to the pressure that I ran in my 15 Anthem when I was fully loaded.

Maybe the person that posted those got the pressures reversed. I'll go back and re-read, but if that is what he posted, that is likely an error..... and your idea of reality is most likely accurate.

Edit: I scanned the earlier posts and did not see anyone suggest those figures.... 125 front and 85 rear might easily be correct for a coach, but get the coach 4-corner weighed and then go from there.

None of our Entegra class A diesels (at ~ 45' with tag) are going to run as little as 85 psi on the front...)

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I'm not sure what you are referring but it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that the proper pressures should be 125 rear and 85 fronts.... Those pressures might easily be reversed with 85 being correct in the drive and tag axle tires, and 125 in the steer tires. Those are close to the pressure that I ran in my 15 Anthem when I was fully loaded.

Maybe the person that posted those got the pressures reversed. I'll go back and re-read, but if that is what he posted, that is likely an error..... and your idea of reality is most likely accurate.

Edit: I scanned the earlier posts and did not see anyone suggest those figures.... 125 front and 85 rear might easily be correct for a coach, but get the coach 4-corner weighed and then go from there.

None of our Entegra class A diesels (at ~ 45' with tag) are going to run as little as 85 psi on the front...)

Gary
That was me in original post and I stated 125 up front and 85 in rear.

This information from a Michelinís tire inflation guide based upon weight and instruction training from Entegra/Spartan last week in Dallas.
Booberboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #21

Sounds right to me. Based on my 4 corner weights, I'm at 125# front and 90# everywhere else.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure