Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2021, 01:03 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Macerator Black Tank Issue 2020 Entegra Reatta

Apologies for the War and Peace post.
Took delivery of a 2020 Reatta. Did an orientation with the dealership on a Friday. The person who did the orientation was more familiar with Tiffin than Entegra and when it came to the macerator operation, he wasn't much help. Drove the bus back the RV Resort, hooked everything up. On Tuesday we went to leave, so I went to dump the tank, pulled the handle, switched on the macerator, the hose started to flop around, the pump and macerator made a bunch of noise, much like a garbage disposal. 30 seconds into the process the sound changed, no garbage disposal sound and the hose started to contract and it acted like it was done. Shut off the macerator switch, closed the valves, checked and the sensors registered 30%. I pulled the gray tank valve, ran the macerator for a few seconds, shut it all off and then tried the black tank. Got the same results, disposal sound, hose stiffened up ran for 15 seconds or so, then the disposal sound stopped, hose contracted and all I heard was what I think is the pump. Hooked up a stinky slinky and went through the bypass routine. Left for our new destination, tried the process again, and it worked, but I only partially drained it. Few days later, tried it again and got the 15 second run time before it did the no disposal, hose contraction. Hooked up a hose and back flushed the system. Ran it and it worked for little longer and then no disposal sound and the hose contraction. Part of the appeal, was this system having dealt with a Vacuflush and gravity dump in our 2016 Bounder.

Not a Happy Camper.
ZiggySmerlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2021, 01:35 PM   #2

Ziggy
We had a problem with our new RV. Seems they drill the black and gray tanks to accept the drains from the sinks,shower,and toilet. When they do they let the piece they drilled fall into the tank or tanks. The pieces clog up the valves. In your case the macerator. Hope I'm wrong. I'm sure others will be along to help you who have had the same experience. Good Luck, Stonepony.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Nothing against the OP, it happens, but sharing an experience for others taking new deliveries. Staying at the dealer or nearby long enough to dump is important. One of the forum members parked next to me at NIRVC also taking delivery of a 21 Cornerstone. Had the misfortune to find out his mancerator did not work when he went to dump before leaving. Another plus of purchasing from a large dealer, NIRVC had one in stock, he was able to leave the next morning.
One thing that is rarely tested at the manufacture plant is the sewer system. Who's going to fill it and dump it? Leaving the dealership before testing the system is risky on any new coach.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #4

On my 2020 Reatta XL I have a grey pull tab that is above the macerator that you have to reach up behind the control wall to open. On the 'downside' of the macerator is a black pull that is the stinky slinky bypass pull, the black valve is easy to see but is for bypass of the macerator.. If using the macerator close the black valve but open the grey valve (again a little hard to see as it is up and back a bit)

So only one of the two valves is open depending on which dump method you are employing. After opening the correct valve on the macerator side you can open the grey and black tank valves located on the control wall and if needed press the macerator power button. I am sorry I can not include a pic 2 inches of ice with 3 inches of snow on top so can't get to the storage bay but hope my description is adequate.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the same problem with mine. It happens when I don't have enough water in the black tank to push, er, "non-liquid matter" through the pipe into the macerator. I suspect that there is a right angle in the pipes somewhere that's slowing down the flow too much, so half-dissolved TP or whatever gets jammed up.

The immediate fix is to fill the tank up to 100% with fresh water and then dump. That should push out whatever's plugged up, as well as the sludge that was left by an incomplete dump.

In the future, try to get the tank as full as reasonably possible before dumping. If necessary, fill it with fresh water before dumping. And occasionally -- not every time you dump; maybe every third or fourth time -- after dumping, fill the tank up to 100% with fresh water using the tank flush valve and then dump again. (Be attentive when doing this and don't walk away or get distracted.)
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #6

Also, I have had the tank sensor issues on my Reatta XL twice now. At NIRVC after a 3 month tour and is an item being checked. If not 2 year AIR at mothership will be on the list again.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Prior to dumping I fill a bucket and pour it in, while holding the foot flush down, the tank as fast as I can. I do the same after initial dump is complete. Luckily my mercerator has not been an issue.

Tags
ace, black tank, entegra, macerator, tank