Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #15

you can always add a protective nylon Sleeve.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0arp View Post
If that were the case, these wouldn't ship from Thetford without the fabric covers.

They sell these for retrofits on other rigs without them, and see plenty of use without the quick failures you are claiming. You do have to be more careful with them but I know of a couple people still using the factory uncovered hoses after a few years.

Check out the Sani-Con Turbo 400S, for instance. Below is the marketing picture and exactly what you get when you order it.

Attachment 292230

As a matter of fact, you can’t even buy the cover from Thetford. If you order a hose from them, it will come uncovered and 20’ long. Entegra is the one that spec’ed the cover and 30’ hose. It was done because apparently Entegra Owners are very rough with their hoses and there were many many failures when the covers weren’t used. Newmar experienced the same problems when they went to the system. In my opinion, having the cover is great peace of mind
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
You can get the stock full length hose with correct protective cover from Thetford... BUT.. you won't like the price I can guarantee that. We just got ours after a month or 2 wait due to COVID and Thetford not working from their office. The part number you are looking for is 97663 which can't be found in their catalog or online parts listing. It also does not come with the 1.5" male cam lock fitting or nozzle and cap if you need those and can't transfer them from the original. Be prepared for the price tag though, they are VERY proud of it for what it is.
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmrun View Post
You can get the stock full length hose with correct protective cover from Thetford... BUT.. you won't like the price I can guarantee that. We just got ours after a month or 2 wait due to COVID and Thetford not working from their office. The part number you are looking for is 97663 which can't be found in their catalog or online parts listing. It also does not come with the 1.5" male cam lock fitting or nozzle and cap if you need those and can't transfer them from the original. Be prepared for the price tag though, they are VERY proud of it for what it is.
Ok, I have to know, how much?
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:49 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
N0ARP

No one is saying that you cant use them uncovered, only that failures and catastrophic failure messes were pretty commonly reported on here for the year or two that people had the uncovered hoses installed as OEM equipment.... then Entegra switched to the covered and the incidence of reported failures and messes have become non-existent.

Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Without the fabric cover, the hose will quickly fail.
That sure seems like someone is saying that that you can't use them uncovered, as it states as a matter of fact that you will experience imminent failure when doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
apparently Entegra Owners are very rough with their hoses
Not my words, but sure seems to be the issue here. Nobody wants to be dealing with septic hoses and I bet that the majority of people rush through the process and aren't particularly careful aside from making sure the contents don't spill.
n0mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Over the July 4rth weekend, our factory fabric covered 20' sanicon hose failed.
Of course everyone was closed, and I don't carry a slinky, and am currently in a site requiring 100' of hose anyway.

I got the failed hose out, and thought "this looks just like a vacuum hose for a swimming pool"!!!
So I went to Walmart and bought one. 1 1/2" by 35' long.
It fit and works great. If I can stuff it in the storage compartment, I think I'll call this a permanent repair.
If not, they do come in 1 1/2" by 25' !!

$32 vs $300 seems quite a deal.

Great Post, Thanks
Old 07-07-2020, 03:04 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Ok, I have to know, how much?
Over 300 with shipping..
Holmrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmrun View Post
Over 300 with shipping..
The pool hose and one of these are looking real good. https://www.amazon.com/Electriduct-N...169331&sr=8-15
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Well if I did my math correctly $80 bucks for a pool vacuum hose and nylon cover...Hmmm beats $300!

I'm sure a little research will get you a 30 ft. cover to match the 30 ft. hose. I wouldn't want to try to cram more in the compartment though.
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck did the research...$97!
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, hose, macerator, replace, replacement