Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Macerator fuse

Anyone know where the fuse is for the macerator in the wet bay. It stoped working. 2017 Cornerstone. Thanks
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #2

The "fuse" is an automotive style 15 amp auto reset breaker.
It is located under the velcroed panel just inboard of the big power switches, on the passenger side rear of the basement. In the pic, it's on the left side middle, inbourd of the battery link switch
It's not likely to be the problem.

There is a relay, in the water bay behind the panel, typically zip tied to the harness up there.

I've had wires come lose from the relay and kill the macerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breaker compartment with solar.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	271339  

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks
Old 01-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #4

Following....
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
The "fuse" is an automotive style 15 amp auto reset breaker.
It is located under the velcroed panel just inboard of the big power switches, on the passenger side rear of the basement. In the pic, it's on the left side middle, inbourd of the battery link switch
It's not likely to be the problem.

There is a relay, in the water bay behind the panel, typically zip tied to the harness up there.

I've had wires come lose from the relay and kill the macerator.

Checked the wires behind the panel. All connected. Must be the auto reset breaker, but Iím not sure which one it is in the pic.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #6

Van

You do not need to insert a "following" post that you find interesting. If you click on the thread tools in the green bar immediately above the first post in this thread, you can click on the option to follow this thread and it will add you to the threads that you are interested in seeing sent to you each day.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #7

Use your voltmeter to check power on both sides of the breaker, ground reference will be the right-hand bussbar in that area. Check for 12v both coming in and going out.

Those breakers are very reliable, and the wiring there is pretty solid.

Problem is most likely related to the relay in the water bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve View Post
Checked the wires behind the panel. All connected. Must be the auto reset breaker, but Iím not sure which one it is in the pic.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:01 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
As it turns out, the relay in the wet bay was the problem. We jiggled it around a few times and the macerator now works.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #9

Just a follow-up on this thread: After dumping our black tank this AM, the switch was dead. I jiggled the wires and pulled/re-installed the relay, and still no go.

I found a replacement at Advance Auto, and that did the trick. Considering the (evident) potential for failure, I'm going to pick up a spare (was <10:00). Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Good update, thanks Bob, very helpful.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Reason I search for this thread, my macerated stopped working. I wiggled and removed relay and placed back and the macerator worked. Great advice, thanks.
TeamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #12

OK.. so I determined the motor on the turbo 700 was dead. But not replaceable apparently, units on back order until who knows when. Took a chance and ordered the motor for the 500 turbo. It is exactly the same, did have to swap the impeller cover. I can post pictures once done. I can now connect the 2 posts on the relay and she runs like new. Unfortunately the switch is not working, no click on the relay. It was clicking before I replaced the motor. Swapped relay with known good one, nothing. Where would you suggest I go next? I have power as it runs fine when cross connected... also checked switch, it is fine as well.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #13
GKW

I had the macerator failure problem. Lots of help here on the forum and I purchased another rely at a NAPA store. No help. I had already checked the red wire for 12vdc on the mini breaker and it was there. Checking for the 12vdc coming to the macerator relay, no 12vdc. Wasted a lot of time looking for an open on the line from the mini breaker thinking it must run direct. Finally found a fuse buried behind the panel with the mini breaker. That took care of the problem. The relay for the water pump and macerator is the same and both are hanging somewhere in the water section just waiting to be found. The documentation I had was the same for the 17 and 18 Cornerstone.
GKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:40 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As for the Sanicon 700 motor being bad, I suggest you read this thread/post.

My motor quit working. The problem was a burnt commutator. I was able to disassemble the unit and repair it. I works as good as new.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/rep...ml#post5796159

Tags
ace, fuse, macerator