Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 AM   #1

Macerator hose replacement, cam lock fitting

I had a leak in my hose (but it had the cover so it wasn’t a big mess, just a small mess). So I have a new hose (which doesn’t have ends that match the original even though I bot it from Entegra).

On my old hose I put in a cam lock fitting at the business end so I could add an extension.

I think I have read that people have also done this on the end where it attaches to the coach deep inside the storage area. That seems like it might be useful, making for a quick replacement if it breaks again. But the fitting that you screw into is close to the side of the wall and those cam lock fittings are big. Just wondering if any one has done this and has some advice.

Thanks

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #2

Van

I stupidly intentionally cut my Sanicon hose on my 19 Cornerstone not long after I bought the coach for a couple of reasons. 1.) I stupidly failed to understand that there was already a cam lock in the back of my Sanicon bay compartment (I had never looked and thought that there was no breakable connection there.... that might have been a new design in 2019)). 2.) I was going nuts trying to quickly get the vacuum in the hose to release so the hose would empty, and was told by someone that the cam-locks were 2" cam locks. So, I cut the hose and grabbed the cam locks almost every store has who has fittings, only to discover that the cam locks that nest into the hose need a 1 1/2" hose fitting for the now cut hose to slip over and be clamped on.... the 2" cam-locks everyone had, had 2" bibs for the hose.... Guess what? The hose actually needs 1 1/2" hos bibs.... the cut hose will not go over the standard 2" cam locks. I had to patch my cut hose with a short section of 1 1/2" OD galvanized hose to I could sump sewer.

So I looked high and low for anyone who had the proper male cam-lock end yet a 1 1/2" cam lock hose bib and ordered one from a company that never actually sent me one and I never did get one or find one. So, I dropped ~ $250 to buy a completely new 30' Sanicon hose. That is a special hose specifically made for Entegra. It has a different number from a standard 20' hose. The Entegra version is 30'.

Maybe in your coach there isn't a cam-lock fitting in the back of that compartment, but if there is any way to remove what you have and convert it to a can-lock fitting, the ability to beak the vacuum there, pull out the end of the hose and drain it, and then put it back in and lock it with the cam lock is pure genius !!!!

I still have a very nice 30' Sanicon hose cut off near the coach end which was supposed to get two new cam lock fittings but now is sitting in a black plastic bag.... If anyone finds a source for the cam-locks that are actually needed, please tell me and I may take it along as a back up set.

I have a bunch of useless 2" cam lock males and females in my storage room.

Frustrated in Louisiana....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Is this what you're looking for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	banjo.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	271529

https://www.amazon.com/Banjo-150E-Po...ef_=ast_bbp_dp

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

I ordered that from Amazon and waited several months for the right cam-lock and never got one..... either doesn't exit or company is out of stock or its origin is in Asia somewhere... Amazon eventually gave me my money back for non delivery.

Gary
Old 01-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #5

I just bought some 1.5 inch ones from a local store.

Still not sure if they will fit. I am using the male fitting on the coach side and female on the hose side but those arms on the female side swing out so wide to unlock the fitting.......

Is that how they did it at the factory?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Got everything I needed from Ace Hardware!
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
I just bought some 1.5 inch ones from a local store.

Still not sure if they will fit. I am using the male fitting on the coach side and female on the hose side but those arms on the female side swing out so wide to unlock the fitting.......

Is that how they did it at the factory?
That’s one of the reasons I redid mine and put it underneath. Easy to hook, unhook, easy to drain the hose and you don’t have to leave the small door open while hooked up. I put camloc on everything including spare hose.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #8

The female cam-lock is cemeted and screwed onto the sewer discharge pipe at the back of the box and mates with the male end of the sanicon hose. The release ears of the fitting are on the female permanent end of the pipe. This set up is a dream.... on the 192 (and 20s??), you just reach into the box after the hose is fully deployed, flip the "ears" and this breaks the vacuum lock on the hose and the male end pulls out easily and then you simply drain the hose fully, they reconnect it to the fitting in the back of the box..... this is VERY convenient and very unmessy. I am impressed!!

Van.... I hope I am not mis-remembering this, but my memory is that what makes the fitting unique is that it is a 2" cam lock with a 1 1/2" OD tail.... the problem is that the hose ID is 1 1/2"and it will not slip over a standard 2" cam-lock. The ends of the sanicon have a bonded-on rubber sleeve that is 2" ID (I think that the 1 1/2" hose slips into that collar and then is glued into it and the other side fits a standard 2" fitting), but the hose itself is 1 1/2" ID and that was the kicker. I cut through the hose itself and thus my predicament.

I hope that I am not mis-remembering the dimensions.

Gary
Old 01-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #9

Try camlock direct dot com.

I have no connection with nor can i vouch for this company as I have not conducted business with them.
KiteSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:56 AM   #10

Bob

Did you actually cut through the hose or did you simply add cam-locks of one sort or another to the hose that you did not touch??

Gary
Old 01-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Bob

Did you actually cut through the hose or did you simply add cam-locks of one sort or another to the hose that you did not touch??

Gary
Hey Gary.... because I don't see another Bob on this thread, I assume you are asking me how I changed to cam-lock fittings.

I bought the fittings like 777Driver shows on his post from Ace Hardware and installed them on the jacketed replacement hose provided as part of the retrofit program.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #12

Yes, you are right. So you use the fittings on the rubberized bonded end fittings to the hose, not to the corrugated hose itself?

Gary
Old 01-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Yes, you are right. So you use the fittings on the rubberized bonded end fittings to the hose, not to the corrugated hose itself?

Gary
I'm traveling on business and will post a photo when I return later this week.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:09 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Van: I got my camlocks at Tractor Supply. I made a short extension from inside the hose compartment to slightly inside the door. I will show you my setup next week in Tampa if you are not fixed by then.

See you next week.

Dave
dcphil_98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, macerator, replace, replacement