Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2021, 03:15 PM   #1

Macerator Pictures Needed.

Last owner deleted the macerator I have a new one in the box but need the diagrams on how to plumb it. The New Macerator came with the hose, new end and pump box with a few exits.

We have a 2016 Aspire and I have asked Entegra without success they have noting to offer on file or to share.

Wondering if someone would be so kind to take a few pics of their wet bay along with wiring so I can order the components needed?
Oddvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2021, 06:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Try this....hope it is a good start for you...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sewer plumbing.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	335489  
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
WDW

Macerator Pictures Needed.

8, 17, 11 - weak point design and you get this:

The rubber boot connector had to clamp on to the gate valve. There was no bite to hold it in place and then it sloped held with just one clamp and a half inch screw.

Name:	IMG_0968.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	335506

Redesigned

Name:	IMG_1079.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	335507
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:51 PM   #4

WDW's installation and pictures are very different than the situation you have encountered. Your macerator installs completely differently.

The drawing is right and shows most of the right install. There have been several threads up here on this forum in the past six months. They also have good pictures. Go to the search box and search on iRV2 (not the web) and enter ENTEGRA: macerator failure replacement and enter and see if that doesn't find them. If it doesn't and they should be in the first 4nor 5, then free associate better search terms.

I'll help in the morning if you have not found them.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:27 AM   #5

Ok I’ll see what I can find Appreciate you all for the help
Old 07-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I should point out that the drawing I provided is for the newer style, "modified" piping for the discharge hose arrangement, not the original, "hard-piped" version Entegra was providing during the 2016-2017 model years.
I acquired this assembly drawing of the newer version, as I intended to modify my system to this style of set-up.

Not a huge difference between the two, but the newer version should make life easier.

I'm curious though, if the PO deleted the macerator system, what did he replace it with?
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:56 AM   #7

Oddvious

If you start on the first page and read through each post you will know about as much as any of us know.. Near the last post Darrowman publishes a whole step by step.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/mac...es-520748.html

Gary
Old 07-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyst View Post
I should point out that the drawing I provided is for the newer style, "modified" piping for the discharge hose arrangement, not the original, "hard-piped" version Entegra was providing during the 2016-2017 model years.
I acquired this assembly drawing of the newer version, as I intended to modify my system to this style of set-up.

Not a huge difference between the two, but the newer version should make life easier.

I'm curious though, if the PO deleted the macerator system, what did he replace it with?

So this is what I’m dealing with.

I’m pointing to the line and hold up the small pipe that goes up and over the the Macerator door. Goes up about 2’ up to the flexible Macerator line.

Sorry if the pics are twisted preview is showing them upside down and I’m not keen on how to fix this lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	516DBE54-05D1-446F-8AAC-B941F2D1DE8B.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	381.4 KB
ID:	335571   Click image for larger version

Name:	CB02E53E-9063-41B9-81DB-379511F33A41.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	335572  

Name:	785FFCA9-A5A5-414A-ADB4-85883FA217BB.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	335573  
Old 07-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddvious View Post
So this is what I’m dealing with.

I’m pointing to the line and hold up the small pipe that goes up and over the the Macerator door. Goes up about 2’ up to the flexible Macerator line.

Sorry if the pics are twisted preview is showing them upside down and I’m not keen on how to fix this lol
Hi Oddvious,

Here are some photos of the macerator install on my '18 Anthem:

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	335603

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	335604

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	335605

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	178.6 KB
ID:	335606

On my '18 Anthem, the cut 1 1/2" pipe that you're pointing to in your photo, is angled upward (~30 degrees) to the compartment in front of the wheel well that contains the macerator hose. Yours appears to be more horizontal.

It appears that you'll need a 1 1/2" flexible rubber connector to connect the macerator output to a 1 1/2" blade valve and then whatever connection is necessary to connect the blade valve to the PVC pipe you're pointing at in your picture.

Hope my photos are helpful. If you need anything else, let me know. I'm in the coach and can take more photos for you.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. I apologize for the dust, crud on the bay floor and the cobwebs. I don't go that far in there very often.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Oddvious,

Here are some photos of the macerator install on my '18 Anthem:

Attachment 335603

Attachment 335604

Attachment 335605

Attachment 335606

On my '18 Anthem, the cut 1 1/2" pipe that you're pointing to in your photo, is angled upward (~30 degrees) to the compartment in front of the wheel well that contains the macerator hose. Yours appears to be more horizontal.

It appears that you'll need a 1 1/2" flexible rubber connector to connect the macerator output to a 1 1/2" blade valve and then whatever connection is necessary to connect the blade valve to the PVC pipe you're pointing at in your picture.

Hope my photos are helpful. If you need anything else, let me know. I'm in the coach and can take more photos for you.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. I apologize for the dust, crud on the bay floor and the cobwebs. I don't go that far in there very often.

Huge help thanks so much.

So Looks like all of these holes are not used and theirs some sort of metal tray the plastic Macerator box sits in. Am I seeing this correctly?
Old 07-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddvious View Post
Huge help thanks so much.

So Looks like all of these holes are not used and theirs some sort of metal tray the plastic Macerator box sits in. Am I seeing this correctly?
Glad I could help.

I believe both of those are correct. I'd guess that Entegra Customer Service (Parts) can get you set up with the metal frame that holds the macerator "box". Plugging the unused "holes" is probably accomplished using locally available plumbing parts.

Here's the .pdf file that Entegra provides describing the replacement of the macerator: REPLACEMENT, THETFORD MACERATOR(3) (1).pdf

Good luck with your restoration.

Take care,
Stu
Old 07-13-2021, 07:33 AM   #12

There is no plastic tray in my coach.... the macerator is "hung" in midair and only the basement of the wet bay is below.

And yes, you have to plug off two of the outlets that are not used. That has been described in some other threads. I think the factory glues them on but some other owners have used a rubber plug that is held in place by a hose clamp.

Gary
Old 07-13-2021, 09:25 AM   #13

Awesome info I’m amazed all this info from the factory exists I’ve spent weeks back and forth via email and they said they had noting on it to share.

Appreciate everyone for their input I’ll see what I can do to get this tray ordered up I see the holes in the floor where the old one used to be so I assume it was their at one point.

Tags
ace, macerator