Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
Macerator power feed/breaker/fuse???

Anyone know where the feed for the maserator is on my Aspire???

Want to add a mod inside of half bath power panel to activate it from inside.

When I am hooked up permanent at my property or on long stays on the road.......this will save a bunch of running out to empty tanks.
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
Any ideas??? Wiring diagram??? I assume that the pump is 12V????

I will have to hunt it down in the compartment and see where the power wire leads to.
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Montgomery, TX (Home Sweet Home)
Posts: 2,501
Mitch, youíll need remotely controlled electric gate valves to make all this work. Otherwise, the liquid waste will largely drain out leaving more solid material to accumulate.

Personally, I donít like to dump without being nearby to monitor.

I had a failure of one of the first macerator hoses.

-Matt
__________________
Currently Motorhomeless
2017 Entegra Aspire 44R (bunks) towing 2019 F-350 LB (Sold)
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QKH (Our Phaeton was so nice, we bought it twice)
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
kevinantholt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
Anyone know where the feed for the maserator is on my Aspire???

Want to add a mod inside of half bath power panel to activate it from inside.

When I am hooked up permanent at my property or on long stays on the road.......this will save a bunch of running out to empty tanks.
How are you planning on opening the valves from inside?
__________________
Kevin, Caroline and IZZY
-2018 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2013 Ford C-Max (Toad), 2017 CanAm Maverick X3 XRS
-2004 Tiffin Phaeton QDH40 (Sold)
kevinantholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
I have can have black water open and it does not come out of maserator hose..........don't know why I could not leave both of them open. Since the masertor appears to not let liquids go by until the pump is turned on I would just leave the maserator hose hooked up to dump hookup and turn maserator on when I see the levels getting full.......hope I am not missing something.
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
sweetandsour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 328
My gray water will drain out the macerator hose when the valve is left open. So I'm sure the water will drain out of the black tank leaving all solids behind.
__________________
Steve
sweetandsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
My gray water will drain out the macerator hose when the valve is left open. So I'm sure the water will drain out of the black tank leaving all solids behind.
X2, however I do have switches in the mid bath for the black and gray tank electric valves. I can dump the black and grey tank from inside as long as I'm using the big hose. I don't have a macerator sw, at present, but may add one. A little skeptical due to macerator hose failures although the current ones seem to be holding up ok.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
I had the grey water gate valve open all last week hoping the water would drain out so I would not have to run the pump.......no luck.......the water will not drain out with gravity out of the macerator pump.

So I am going to give this a try.......I know too well about solid settling......but even that issue is history for the most part with maserating toilets.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
The Taj
 
The Taj's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 396
Cruzer did the mid to work black and grey tanks from half bath. He gave full description in this forum somewhere. I tried to find it to copy link but I’ve never figured out the search majic touch.

Hopefully you will have better luck.


Found it: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/elec...es-346183.html
__________________
Rick, Kathleen and Lenny and Lola (Yorkies)
2022 VanLeigh Vilano 320GK
2022 RAM3500 HO Diesel Limited
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
All I need to find out is where the coach is getting the power to the macerator pump..........then I'm off and running
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
TonyMac's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Posts: 3,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Mitch, youíll need remotely controlled electric gate valves to make all this work. Otherwise, the liquid waste will largely drain out leaving more solid material to accumulate.

Personally, I donít like to dump without being nearby to monitor.

I had a failure of one of the first macerator hoses.

-Matt
Ditto
__________________
Cheers,
TonyMac
2006 Monaco Safari Cheetah 40PMT
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
I had the grey water gate valve open all last week hoping the water would drain out so I would not have to run the pump.......no luck.......the water will not drain out with gravity out of the macerator pump.

So I am going to give this a try.......I know too well about solid settling......but even that issue is history for the most part with maserating toilets.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks
Mitch, this is probably a rhetorical question, but did you have the small gate valve open coming out of the macerator pump?
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Hdmod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburndale, WI
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Mitch, this is probably a rhetorical question, but did you have the small gate valve open coming out of the macerator pump?
I have had the grey water gate pulled open and when I get close to full I am just running outside hitting the maserator power switch......go out for a smoke and then come back in and turn off switch when its empty.......close the door.

There is no way for liquids to pass through that pump.......then up a 45 degree 2 inch pvc incline......then through all the wrapped up maserator hose to drain out by itself......

By the way I am using a 25 foot garden hose to run to my septic ground inlet in the shop.
__________________
2018 Aspire 44W....FULLTIMERS....our rolling S&B

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:14 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
I have had the grey water gate pulled open and when I get close to full I am just running outside hitting the maserator power switch......go out for a smoke and then come back in and turn off switch when its empty.......close the door.

There is no way for liquids to pass through that pump.......then up a 45 degree 2 inch pvc incline......then through all the wrapped up maserator hose to drain out by itself......

By the way I am using a 25 foot garden hose to run to my septic ground inlet in the shop.
Mitch, mine drains through the macerator with macerator hose hooked up.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breaker, fuse, power



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macerator toilet circuit breaker location 42RBQ Tall Tex Entegra Owner's Forum 8 01-15-2018 10:24 AM
Locating fuse feed breaker Alleyman National RV Owner's Forum 1 12-18-2015 01:55 PM
Power Feed natseabreeze Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 03-10-2015 07:11 PM
Fuse for battery feed to dash (radios) FlyingDiver Newmar Owner's Forum 6 02-21-2010 05:41 PM
AC Electrical Feed Problem -- Only partial AC power available Birddog Pilot Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 21 07-11-2009 11:22 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.