Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Magic Eye

What is your opinion of Magic Eye if you have it?

I often forget it's there and when it chirps jump and think "What the hell was that?!"

I think I like it for lane wandering but proximity warning of traffic is a stretch.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I saved $1200. Just didn't see it as an option I'd need if I maintain space between me and other vehicles and crosswalks. JMHO.

Unfortunately, on the dealer pre-ordered coaches, you usually didn't have a choice. Fortunately, I did.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We also have it as an option on our motorhome and we shut it off as soon as we get on the road. So far we have not found it to be anything other than annoying. Have to say though, it is probably the only thing on our motorhome that we don't use. We love everything else!
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I saved $1200. Just didn't see it as an option I'd need if I maintain space between me and other vehicles and crosswalks. JMHO.

Unfortunately, on the dealer pre-ordered coaches, you usually didn't have a choice. Fortunately, I did.
X2. It drove me nuts on the test ride before ordering so it was never considered.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #5

We took the option. If it works like it says, it will keep me and the wife talking. She's a nervous rider and freaks if I get too close to another vehicle.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #6

I like the proximity warning, the lane wander is not 100% and is annoying. It will be better when they integrate it more into system controls and it brakes for you when you get too close. It is presently overpriced and under featured IMHO.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Our Cornerstone came equipped with the option so we didn't have a choice about getting it. I've tried to be open minded about the system although my DW would have preferred to dispense with the additional technology.

Having put about 12K miles on the coach so far, I do have some observations. I like have a system let me know how much distance separates us from the vehicle ahead; particularly in close traffic. I'd suggest moving the monitor closer to the center of the dash to see lane deviations sooner. Where monitor is currently placed, it serves better as a volume control.

IMHO - Unless you are inexperienced with a coach of that size, in which case I would suggest investing is a training course (usually at less cost), then I would not opt for the system. A good training course will help you develop visual aids that will help keep you centered in the lane.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote