RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
These Lifeline GPL-6CY's are rated at 300 ah if I am reading them correct. I know they are taller than my current Harris batteries, and I will check on Friday if they will fit. I will look at the Trojan, and my other concern is addition weight up front. My axle is only 14,600, and I am under it now when loaded. This set of Lifelines would add about 100 more pounds.
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Ok great. At least now I know what it is and and why & what I need to do..
Thanks guys��
It's a good reminder every time the AGS question comes up to post about the update as many have not heard of it before. I think we have Dave, DSL417 to thank for originally posting the valuable update information.

After it happened to me, I just posted how easy it was to take the Commamd 30 unit to Elkhart while at your PDI. It was a nice way not to sit in the lounge all day and it's a minute plug and play fix.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
These Lifeline GPL-6CY's are rated at 300 ah if I am reading them correct. I know they are taller than my current Harris batteries, and I will check on Friday if they will fit. I will look at the Trojan, and my other concern is addition weight up front. My axle is only 14,600, and I am under it now when loaded. This set of Lifelines would add about 100 more pounds.
Oh. I was not looking at batteries that were not the same size.. looking at my 8 batteries in the trays ( I have the anthem)I would highly doubt there is room for any thing that is not exact as the old. Not to mention I think this would make all of the battery cables to be completely redone .. 300 ah would be nice for sure though...
If they do fit in your coach post up your results....
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:17 AM   #18

Dave

Entegra techs (at least mine) knew how to take the EC apart to remove the resistor becuase I asked them to do it, and they reported back that it was already gone. I think it is one of those new fangled circuit board type resistors.... just a blob of compound in a particular part of the board, not the old wired and soldered resistors.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Lowejug,
I used to have an Aspire and put 4 of the L-16 size batteries in giving me 800 amp hours. I used the flooded-cell batteries and installed a watering system so I didn't have to pull out the tray. You can do the same with the L-16 AGM's.

You do have to put in a bigger floor on top of the tray because they won't fit inside the tray, but with AGM's, you won't need to move them either.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1480351055.945082.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	145514
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1480351091.498948.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	145515

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2017 Anthem DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:44 AM   #20

When gauging the quality and ability of batteries remember that the amp hour and cca numbers are tested and posted by the manufacturers themselves. After my second set of Trojan batteries I switched to lifelines about a year ago. Lifelines are, IMO far superior in both useable discharge time before reaching low voltage threshold and ability to provide current when partially discharged.

For example, they will operate the coach with fridge, heater, and appliances running all night, make coffee in the morning, and still start the genny on auto start an hour or so later with the start voltage set at 11.8.

Just relating my experience.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Anyone with a Aspire (Classic) have this update, or a more current one? I called Grover before I went to Spartan to check, and my version 2.1 for my EC30 was the latest for my configuration (only one inverter). Make sense?

I am looking at house batteries now, and want to make sure I understand all this better. I have been looking and reading all day, and the Lifeline batteries seem very popular, and I like the 6V GPL-6CT option for my rig and hope the Magnum control and charger are correct for these?
The EC-30 has nothing to do with the Magnum inverter(s). If you get Lifeline batteries AGM1 setting in the Magnum inverter is designed for charging the Lifeline AGM batteries.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Don - I will post when I get whatever batteries I decide to go with to make sure I have the right settings. We rarely dry camp, and the Lifeline may be "overkill" for us, and I don't mind the watering if another battery makes sense. The Harris batteries need to be tested in my coach, and I suspect they are not in good shape, but work.

I am confused about the 4.0 update - I understand what it fixes, but don't think it applies to my coach for the EC30, what Grover told me? He mentioned something about me only having one inverter so I didn't need the update?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
If you have the symptoms, then I would push backhand have Grover explain why, particularly if your AGS is not working correctly on the Aspire. The inverters don't drive the AGS, the Command 30 does...at least that is what I'm told.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Don - I will post when I get whatever batteries I decide to go with to make sure I have the right settings. We rarely dry camp, and the Lifeline may be "overkill" for us, and I don't mind the watering if another battery makes sense. The Harris batteries need to be tested in my coach, and I suspect they are not in good shape, but work.

I am confused about the 4.0 update - I understand what it fixes, but don't think it applies to my coach for the EC30, what Grover told me? He mentioned something about me only having one inverter so I didn't need the update?
Don't know what model of EC-30 you have in 2013 so maybe it is not upgradable like the ones in 2014 and on, but the EC-30 has nothing to do with any Magnum inverter. They do not talk to each other.

If you do not mind watering batteries then another consideration is Trojan T-105's or look into Crown batteries (they have a good reputation).

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I too added the BMK. It gives useful information but doesn't change the operation of the Onan genstart, which uses unreliable information (battery voltage) to start and stop the generator.

What is really needed is to marry the BMK to a Magnum Genstart system, which would allow the generator to start and stop based on State of Charge as measured by the BMK. This would be a vastly superior way of doing things, but it requires some rewiring and a new Magnum Remote, so it is not nearly as simple as just installing the BMK.
And Magnum makes a module, the ME-AGS that does just that. Since its integrated with the system you can set any number of start parameters, including hi temp to also start the AC. I run mine in auto start based on SOC, and it just sits there and works. Since there is also 1/2kw solar, float was removed from the charge cycle and I have the yen shutting down @ 85% (winter) to let solar finish.

Wiring is straight forward. There isn't anything special for it. I mounted the module behind the monitor panel in Winnebago land and everything was right there. After the, a network cable to the inverter and its done. You sure you need a new panel?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Don and Dave - I now get it about the EC30 and Inverters

I am not having issues with my Auto Gen Start with the EC30, but will check with Grover on the multi start and rapid voltage drop issue on my version - it may be different than the newer ones.

I may try to go to Quartzsite in January- that would give my batteries a good test.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:59 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
And Magnum makes a module, the ME-AGS that does just that. Since its integrated with the system you can set any number of start parameters, including hi temp to also start the AC. I run mine in auto start based on SOC, and it just sits there and works. Since there is also 1/2kw solar, float was removed from the charge cycle and I have the yen shutting down @ 85% (winter) to let solar finish.

Wiring is straight forward. There isn't anything special for it. I mounted the module behind the monitor panel in Winnebago land and everything was right there. After the, a network cable to the inverter and its done. You sure you need a new panel?
Entegra owners wishing to also maintain auto gen start triggered by the air conditioners calling for cool or heat (that the EC30 currently provides) will also need a Magnum PT-2 pigtail and probably three discreet diodes to isolate the 3 trigger feeds from the 3 AC units.

That is in addition to the ME-BMK and ME-ARC (not supplied by Entegra) which are all needed to complete a fully functional Magnum AGS system.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Thanks Don and Dave - I now get it about the EC30 and Inverters

I am not having issues with my Auto Gen Start with the EC30, but will check with Grover on the multi start and rapid voltage drop issue on my version - it may be different than the newer ones.

I may try to go to Quartzsite in January- that would give my batteries a good test.

Mwoodofd

We have a 2012 Aspire and rarely boondock. I just replaced the house batteries and chassis batteries with Duracell from batteries plus. Great service and some shops will deliver new batteries and pick up old batteries. Order online and get 10% off.

6V deep cycle 230 AH BCI group GC2 ... Increased my original 190 AH Harris batteries by 40AH per battery (every little bit helps) ..batteries plus.com

I also replaced the chassis battery with the Duracell sealed battery but I don't have the model.

A lot of choices out there.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/battery/rv/deep-cycle/6

Good luck!!!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote