Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #29

The solution to the problem is so simple. It's the door manufacture fault as they only trimmed around the edges and when the material shrinks, surprise. What the mothership did with mine is when the material failed after the dealer repaired it is cut it longer than needed then tucked the extra material in to allow for shrinkage.
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Little side note: look on the ahesive cans directions on what is needed to remove the adhesive before using and have the proper stuff on hand. Beats having sticky fingers for days, and if you overspray it on other parts.
Jchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #31

Location: Mostly traveling. Several months spent on the Oregon Coast.
Door covering coming off

Newmar’s have the same door and the same problem. I had mine fixed under warranty last week. They were out of stock on the chocolate brown liners so I accepted a black one instead. The tech said it was the 12th one he has fixed in the last 3 months. It is a time consuming fix. All the hardware has to come off to properly fit the vinyl around all the openings.
Clint11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 10:37 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Here is a picture of our 2018 Dutch Star door. We have been traveling for a year with it flapping like the attached picture shows. Newmar insisted on either fixing it at the Factory or, having the Dealer of our choice repair it.
I have fixed a LOT of things on our Coach over the past 3 years...just have not been in one place long enough to take the time to and as with most things "repair it correctly".
We will let the Dealer try their magic this week...film at eleven.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar Door Liner.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	339864  
gkonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:26 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
For anyone that has ever used contact cement knows, if it is flapping in the breeze, they didn’t coat both sides, period. That is the problem.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:05 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Door Delamination

Had it happen on our 2019 Aspire in the first year. Entegra sent new material to our Lazy Days and they removed door and reapplied under warranty.
ctbutler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I never cease to be amazed that things go wrong that I have never heard of before... I will acknowledge that I stopped reading that long thread about "what modification have you made recently".... too long and too depressing. But, I don't remember anyone reporting this problem before.

Yesterday, we were sitting outside enjoying the lovely weather Colorado had to offer and the door was open and the screen door keeping the cats inside, when Dee decided to head inside to begin dinner and I hear, "Hey Gary, look at this door". That's never a good thing to hear and when I walked to see what she was pointing out, I could easily see that the outer covering of the inside of the door was pulling out of the metal piece at the bottom of the door and was coming loose. Then I noticed that the same inside covering (it looks like what I would call Naugahyde) was coming loose from the area up near the window and was somewhat puckering up in the middle..

See the pictures attached below....

We have never noticed this problem before (3 year old coach) and I don't remember reading about it on iRV2. Have any others dealt with this problem, and if so, what was the "fix"?

Gary
Gary,
I have a 2019 Aspire and the door started delaminating a few months ago at the window. I have not had an opportunity to search for the fix. If you find one, please pass it along.

Thanks

Vic
Vapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #36

Vic

Read this whole thread from start to finish and you will have all the information you need to do it yourself, or watch someone else do it correctly...

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:04 AM   #37

Well, that should not be there.
How do your secondary entrance doors look?
LargeMarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:44 AM   #38

On all Entegra class A Diesel pushers, there is only one door.... all the rest are interior doors which are all wood.

Daru
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door