Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #1

Main Television

Haven't used the MH since April, though it has been started. Today while plugged in to shore power I turned on the main TV over fireplace to see if my WiFi was strong enough to stream. The TV powered up. I went to screen for Netflix, etc. Made sure TV was connected to internet, hit Prime Video, and screen went blank. Now I have no power to TV. The sound bar and all the other components power up. All the other TVs work. I can't reach the plugs inside the cabinet under the TV. I looked for a fuse specific to the TV and couldn't find one and I don't see a GFI switch in that area. Has the TV given up the ghost or is there something else I can check? TIA

fsudebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2022, 01:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don’t think you have a specific TV only outlet or GFI.
To reset the GFI’s look in the AC breaker box above the drivers seat.
You can power off all your outlets from that spot fairly quickly.
My coach has 3 breakers / GFI’s that feed all outlets.

If that kind of power reboot does not fix your issue you have got to get to the TV plug.
I know of no real reset button on a Samsung TV.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Turn off the breaker and reset the tv. Like said already, if that doesnít fix it, the tv has failed. I would assume the power cycle will resolve the issue.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:48 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you. Iíll go back tomorrow and try. I had shut of the power button by the front door hoping that would do the same thing, but I donít think it works that way.

Old 07-03-2022, 03:31 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudebbie View Post
Thanks to both of you. I’ll go back tomorrow and try. I had shut of the power button by the front door hoping that would do the same thing, but I don’t think it works that way.
That is 12v kill switch, the TV is 120v. Samsung had me disconnect power to the TV in the S&B for 20 minutes when I was having problems. Mine turned out to be the power board which is part of the flat panel. They rebuilt the TV under warranty. It would have been cheaper for them to replace the TV. They sent the wrong flat panel and had to come out rebuild it the second time.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #6

A person on this forum helped me by mentioning the breakers above can look ok but you need to turn them off and on and you can tell that way to. It did help me.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:51 PM   #7

Make sure the power cord is fully seated into the back of the tv.
Might be that easy🫰
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 08:06 PM   #8

I canít reach the cord on the back of the TV because of the way it is mounted. I will try all of your suggestions tomorrow and report back. I appreciate your time. If nothing works, I have an appointment on the 18th at LazyDays. One more thing to add to the list!

Old 07-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #9

Getting to the connections on the main TVC in the living area IS a really difficult job. I needed to gain access to connections and could not reach anything. So, I removed the front sound bar, and then by working from the aft side of the television which has more room to reach behind and get to screws, where I was able to get access to two to four of the screws that screw the main metal mounting arm down into the granite on top of the fireplace, I was able to start to swivel the mounting arm so that I could get to all of the screws and eventually had the TV so that I could access all plugs. It was a several hour job to get to everything and a pain in the butt, but I got the job done. I then reinserted the screws back to their initial position to get the TV held solidly in place..... and that has worked very well !

Also, be aware that most of those cables come down into the fireplace cabinet and make a connection into a series of two plastic panels where all your wires from the TV go into those panels (power, video, ???) and then on through to the wiring of the rest of the coach (basement, control switches, etc. in the basement). Your cables and power can be loose there also. Check those first.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #10

Gary, I donít think I want to take on that job myself. In fact, I just got it adjusted to where it doesnít rattle anymore. Iím going to see if my arm is thin enough to maybe come from the top. If not, then it sounds like a LazyDays project to me. Thanks for giving me that option to think about.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:02 PM   #11

Well, now I have a bigger problem. Throwing the breakers didnít fix the TV problem. I was able to move the plug to another outlet which gave me power but no picture.

Later in the day I discovered that I no longer have power to any outlets from the end of the pantry forward to the end of the sofa, including the recliner sofa. Also none of the outlets from just past the fridge forward to the end of the TV/fireplace area. I had power in both those areas earlier in the day. This is beyond frustrating. I cannot find any GFI type outlet anywhere in the interior of the coach that I can try to reset. 🤬🤬. I did throw the breakers above the driver seat again with no remedy.

Old 07-04-2022, 04:18 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You GFI outlets maybe built into the AC power circuit breakers in the cabinet above the drivers seat. You have to push them all the way over and then back on the reset them.

This is a little different than just throwing the breaker back on.

If your TV has power that is a start. What specifically is TV doing when you turn it on?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #13

The TV only has the red power light illuminated, but no picture. Because all of the outlets are not working now, I have donít even have that now. None of the outlets in that area are working now. Earlier they were. I did pull the breakers down fully before pushing them back up to the on position. 🤷*♀️

Old 07-04-2022, 05:25 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudebbie View Post
The TV only has the red power light illuminated, but no picture. Because all of the outlets are not working now, I have donít even have that now. None of the outlets in that area are working now. Earlier they were. I did pull the breakers down fully before pushing them back up to the on position. 🤷*♀️
Did you recycle the GRI breakers in the cabinet? They will be the ones with white square on them. Push in while turning off, then back on. If they are not pushed in, they will not reset. That should be the only thing to cause all of the outlet to go out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
television, vision