Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #1

Maintenance questions

We have a 2013 Anthem. I think it’s due for batteries, both chassis and coach. Would you have this done at the factory? I’m going in October. Or other options?

Also looking to upgrade Tv’s. Size is hard to find. Would like to replace with really top quality sets, but looking at some finding the size to go in the holes may be challenging. Any suggestions?
whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I just changed both our house and chassis batteries. You can do it yourself-just take a picture of how they are wired, so you make sure to get it right.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #3

I do things myself for two reasons. First is the savings and secondly I want things done right. As for the TV’s measure and got to Best Buy or something similar. For mounting brackets, cables etc., check Monoprice.com.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM   #4

Why do you want to replace the batteries? Have they failed? While 6 year old batteries are not spring chickens they may still have a couple of years of life left in them. I would have them tested and go from there. As to paying someone to replace them, it depends on your skill. The factory will probably be high prices but check it out. Replacing batteries is not difficult. Good luck.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I wouldn't mess with my batteries unless I had reason to believe there was a problem with them. The only time I'd use old age as an excuse is if I had some sort of upgrade planned, and in that case I would absolutely do the work myself. The main reason is that I'm a control freak: I want to specify exactly what goes in my coach, and I want it to go in exactly correctly. But it would also save probably me at least $200 over paying someone else to do it for me. That's not a small amount of money. I'd rather save it for something I can't do myself.
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
You can do it yourself. As stated above take a photo, and mark the wires with tape and number them. Also use a zip-tie to hold the wires that go to a particular pole together. The RVgeeks have a video on changing batteries on their youtube channel. The only problem two problems with doing it yourself is they are heavy and you'll have to find a place that will take your old batteries
scasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
as for the TVs if you could manage to survive with what you have until around Christmas you'll get way better prices.
scasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Batteries installed at the factory are going to be on the low end of the quality scale. Upper end batteries can be installed by local dealers for usually a better price. Many posts can be found here on the quality levels of batteries. Many have done the research and posted the results. In my local area we have Discount Batteries that carry East Penn at an excellent price. They supply the golf courses for their carts and buy in huge quantities.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I wouldn't go back to the factory for batteries. Do it yourself or have a local battery shop do it for you.

Two years ago I replaced my main TV with a larger one. While it was bigger in size, it was actually smaller in total size then the previous one. I had the cabinets resized by a cabinet maker. You can't tell it wasn't original. Find the set you want. You can usually make it work for you.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by scasteel View Post
as for the TVs if you could manage to survive with what you have until around Christmas you'll get way better prices.
Actually over the last few years - I've found you get the best prices in late Sept thru Oct. at least Samsung TVs
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance