Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
OWV

Maintenance, Service and Repair; the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

We have threads titled, Where Was My Entegra This Week, and Tell Other About Your Modifications, and I Love My Entegra, Who’s With Me, but we don’t believe we have one to record experiences with maintenance, service and repair facilities. While there are a number of Entegra owners who do a lot of their own work and who, we might add, do excellent work themselves, perhaps there are others, like us, who rely heavily on service and maintenance facilities to do work for us and as such we could benefit from having a source that reports on facilities that owners had good experiences with and those where owners have had bad and perhaps really ugly experiences with. So, with that said, would there be any interest in a new thread titled, Maintenance, Service and Repair; the Good, the Bad and the Ugly?

Even if such a thread doesn’t gain traction, we would like to give a shout out to Creative Coach in Lakeland, FL. Creative Coach, at least based on our experience, is first class. We had them do several projects for us including a storage box for behind our new Lambright recliners that Precision Paint installed for us last fall. The quality of their work is excellent and they treated our coach with TLC like it was their own. While they have a very professional and qualified staff, they have one tech, Dan, who in our opinion, is second to none. It is hard for us to believe that there is a better, more qualified, more professional, more knowledgeable, more caring tech at any service facility in the country. We appreciate that is a very strong claim, but if you have had experience with Dan, we think you will agree. They are expensive, particularly their furniture work, and if you are in a hurry this is probably not the place to go to, unless you are a loyal customer as they do take care of those who have been coming to them for years. Even with appointments, our work took a lot longer than we had planned on, but that said, the end result was worth waiting for. If you are in the Lakeland area, have the time, and need/want some work done on your coach then Creative Coach is a place you should consider taking it to, and based on some of the owners we met who were having work done, there are a lot of owners who have been bringing their coaches to Creative Coach for many years. BTW, in their photo gallery they have pictures of a sofa out/desk in project they did for an Entegra Coach.

Hopefully, this thread will gain some traction and all of us can benefit from knowing places we should feel comfortable taking our coach to and equally as important, places we should avoid.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I have not been there, but I know they have a gentleman, Butch Williams, who is the "Go To GUY" when it comes to Country Coaches. I understand, he worked for CC and apparently is very knowledgeable. I had an occasion to call and ask him a question, he was so nice and cooperative and offered to have the tec working on my coach call him. I thought, that was indeed very, very nice of him!

On the contrary, I would not do any sales or service business with Buddy Greggs of Knoxville, TN. Even the GM didn't respond to several of my inquiries. Their motto must be that the GM doesn't warrant talking to the customers! Very Sad!!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In all of the years I have lived in FL, I have heard nothing but good about Creative Coach.

Sorry I can't add to the list...I am one of those that do my own work, or have friends in the trades that help me with my projects. Would like to see some photos of your Creative Coach improvements.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I can certainly recommend Creative Coach. They did a scratch repair for me last fall. Very caring and top notch work. Not inexpensive. But you get what you pay for IMHO.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Good idea Bruce. My stuff is in the rig, but I'll have some "out west" thoughts soon.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I use http://rvservicereviews.com/ for recommendations.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
One service center I have had very good service from was from Palm Truck Center in Ft. Myers FL. They are a Spartan Factory Service Center and have handled my Spartan warranty issues very professionally.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #8

Can't say enough how pleased we've been with National Indoor RV Centers both in GA and TX.

Bob & Jennifer Stevens
2012 Aspire RBQ
Zipper and Charlie (poodles)
Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We have worked with Land Yachts in Jupiter, FL. I believe a couple of other IRV2ers have as well. I recently had them do body work from damage due to a stump. Also while there we had water replumbed, a recall and other work done.

Brandy and Don handled things with Spartan and Entegra as well as the insurance company. I was incapacitated with my surgery and they adjusted to deal with things so I had nothing to worry about.

Routine or special - they do it all and for a reasonable amount.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:16 AM   #10

Having been around the country a few times, with my Essex, I feel qualified to make a few suggestions regarding service. First, assume nothing, just because it is a certified center, means nothing. Having spent the last few years in Arizona, might I suggest, Massey's Diesel Service, in Phoenix, as the go to place for anything chassis. For RV components, I have tried many, but the best I have found is Lamesa RV in Tucson.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:19 AM   #11
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
We have worked with Land Yachts in Jupiter, FL. I believe a couple of other IRV2ers have as well. I recently had them do body work from damage due to a stump. Also while there we had water replumbed, a recall and other work done.

Brandy and Don handled things with Spartan and Entegra as well as the insurance company. I was incapacitated with my surgery and they adjusted to deal with things so I had nothing to worry about.

Routine or special - they do it all and for a reasonable amount.
We looked into using Land Yachts when we were looking for places to do some work for us while we were in FL. While we heard good things about them, when we asked about overnight facilities they told us that we couldn't stay in the coach while they worked on it. Consequently we went to Creative Coach and as indicated above we were glad we did. In addition to excellent work, CC gave us the flexibility to stay in the coach at night with electrical and water hook-ups.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
We looked into using Land Yachts when we were looking for places to do some work for us while we were in FL. While we heard good things about them, when we asked about overnight facilities they told us that we couldn't stay in the coach while they worked on it. Consequently we went to Creative Coach and as indicated above we were glad we did. In addition to excellent work, CC gave us the flexibility to stay in the coach at night with electrical and water hook-ups.

Regards,
I understand. We had no need for overnight (And even less since I had the bypasses). Others who have lived in the area also didn't have the need. If you're having body work done, you likely will have a few nights out of the coach for painting.

Nonetheless, I hear you about the overnight - Just letting folks know about the LY quality. Sounds like CC is at least equal.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #13
OWV

Thurston Spring Services in Richmond, VA

In our opinion, at least, this is a go-to place if you are in the Richmond, VA area and need an alignment and/or want to get a Safe-T-Plus installed. Excellent service and reasonable prices.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems

Tags
maintenance, repair, service