Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #1

Major RV Manufacturer Resuming Production on 4/14/2020

https://rvbusiness.com/tiffin-motorh...tion-april-14/
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
$$$$
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post

Not that smart a decision.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:36 PM   #4

Wow, just wow. I feel sorry for their employees that the company ownership puts $ ahead of their health.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #5

I respectfully disagree with the previous posts.
It appears from reading the article that measures have been taken to assure safety.
In my opinion if we don’t soon get this economy up and running again we are all doomed.
My opinion only. Thanks for reading.
Hog86r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

Here is the full text of the announcement Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc. posted on their web site:

UPDATE as of April 9, 2020 — We have decided to reopen our assembly line and manufacturing plants on April 14th. Our Belmont plant will reopen on April 13th. Many factors were considered in making the decision, the most important of which is the safety of our employees, our customers, and our vendors. The decisions required consideration of the facts, compromise, and compassion.

We are very fortunate to have an extensive backlog of “sold” orders from prospective owners. We do not take lightly the trust demonstrated by our RV owners. “Our goal is to keep all of us safe here in Red Bay, Belmont, and Winfield, while doing our very best to build the dream motorhomes our new owners have ordered,” Bob Tiffin said.

As our employees return to work on the 13th, we will have in place an extensive array of processes following CDC guidelines. The efforts will exceed the guidelines whenever possible. These efforts include:

Supplying each employee and visitor a mask as they enter our facilities.

Hand sanitizing stations will be strategically placed in all of our facilities.

Testing protocols are in place for any employee who presents symptoms in line with CDC guidelines.

Along with testing, we will have a protocol in place for anyone who tests positive or is waiting for results of a test.

We will acknowledge that our production facility depends on the craftsmanship and interaction of our technicians and artisans in all of our production facilities. We are committed to following CDC guidelines as they apply to manufacturing environments. These include the well-published social distancing practices that by now are familiar to all, including good individual hygiene and proper sanitizing efforts in all of our buildings.

During these last few weeks, we have made several adjustments at the service center to keep both employees and customers as safe and healthy as possible. Tim Massey, service director, and his team have done a great job getting folks back on the road in their Tiffin coaches. The safety procedures in the service center include:

To maintain social distancing, owners must leave their coaches while technicians are working in them. To make this easier, Lex Tiffin has created a new customer lounge in the former Mason Jar restaurant in downtown Red Bay, while both of the existing owner lounges have been designated pet friendly.

The service center will focus on repairs that will keep a coach safe and livable, including heating and air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, and slide room function. In addition to this, technicians will work off small lists of 10 or fewer items.

The service center will use every other service bay, and in some cases every third service bay, to maintain a safe separation among our technicians, which means operating with a smaller crew on a temporary basis.

We are doing our very best to keep our immediate commitments to our coach owners, keep employees and customers as safe as possible, and make our company viable and productive as both a current and future employer in the great states of Alabama and Mississippi. We wish all our best to you, and please stay safe.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #7

I too disagree.

The owners and upper management don't need money. They are doing this for the workers and customers.

If they delay the delivery of a luxury item like an RV, the order gets canceled.
Once that starts happening, the workers, who they are calling back, are layed off indefinitely.
Not having product, effects the whole RV industry, right down to the guy who washes it before you take delevery.

Think about the grocery industry, a essential service that never shut down.
It starts at the farm or docks, goes thru the packaging or trucking industry.
Then its warehoused and distributed, with trucks again, to the stores where more workers stock it. They implemented precautions to protect the workers.
I haven't heard of any mass sicknesses in any of that industry.
Same with UPS, Fed Ex or USPS. Its not just the little trucks that we see. Lots of people sort that stuff.

With the proper protections, working is safe and what America is about.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog86r View Post
I respectfully disagree with the previous posts.
It appears from reading the article that measures have been taken to assure safety.
In my opinion if we don’t soon get this economy up and running again we are all doomed.
My opinion only. Thanks for reading.

X2.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #9

Twinboat,

I wholeheartedly agree[emoji106]
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #10

They have a good plan in place. Using every 2nd bay works. Even an additional lounge.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:14 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
If only you could look into the future... one of two things are going to happen.

1. Everyone stays healthy, the workers get paid, customers get their coaches and repairs. The local economy starts to recover.

2. The virus will reappear (how do you sanitize an entire coach?), workers and customers will get sick, and the local economy crashes.

Tiffin is doing its best to get to number 1., but 2 is a possibility. Only time will tell which decision was best. I'm glad I don't have to make this decision. I'm retired, full timer, and practice CDC guidelines. I'm in the vulnerable category, so all I've been able to do is donate, which I've done. Many people don't have the things I'm lucky enough to have.

I wish everyone who has to make this decision the best, it's a heart wrenching decision to make. I've owned my own business for 40 years, and for every decision I had resources and history to draw on. That just isn't the case anymore.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Poverty, starvation and famine are not an option. Let the healthy work.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:41 AM   #13

Plus 100 %
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribk View Post
Twinboat,

I wholeheartedly agree[emoji106]
Yes
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose67 View Post
Poverty, starvation and famine are not an option. Let the healthy work.
we can't be scared all the time just press ahead
james1 is offline   Reply With Quote