Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
We picked up our 2016 Cornerstone up on the 27th of October. Those of you that have the 2016 models and are unsure of what you have, can easily remove the cover in the utility bay and simply look inside the compartment and see if you have the corrected version or not, which mine has. You can clearly see in that compartment if your flexible drain hose connects to the macerator there, or is there a PVC extension to the storage compartment where the flex hose connects there, which mine does. The only other modification the I recommend is add a large rubber grommet in the 3-4" hole in the bottom of that compartment so when that flex hose expands, it does not tear or rip scraping the edges on the hole as the hose exits the bottom of that compartment...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #44

Motorhomeguy,

Thanks I'll look but coach is gone again this time for buffing !

OFF TOPIC : our coach was painted at Precision Paint, sure wish Entegra had done ours in house. All will be fine but it's been 10 days resolving the issue.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #45

I had a chance to look at our macerator plumbing and we have plastic piping from the macerator through the wall to the flex hose BUT there is a 90 degree fitting aimed straight up that the flex hose is attached to , so when I pull the hose out it seems to pinch closed. I guess under pressure it will expand but hopefully not explode ?

Also I guess I missed something on my PDI. Do I leave the door open and just have the hose stick out the opening ? Can I screw a smaller hose onto the end and run it through the panel so door is closed. I assume the sanicon system is intended to always empty tanks and put hose away after each use.
Right now I hooked up the " old fashioned " stinky hose. I understand that set up

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
I had a chance to look at our macerator plumbing and we have plastic piping from the macerator through the wall to the flex hose BUT there is a 90 degree fitting aimed straight up that the flex hose is attached to , so when I pull the hose out it seems to pinch closed. I guess under pressure it will expand but hopefully not explode ?

Also I guess I missed something on my PDI. Do I leave the door open and just have the hose stick out the opening ? Can I screw a smaller hose onto the end and run it through the panel so door is closed. I assume the sanicon system is intended to always empty tanks and put hose away after each use.
Right now I hooked up the " old fashioned " stinky hose. I understand that set up
Brian, in my opinion the door thing is a poor design. What I did when I was using the macerator was use a bungee just strong enough to hold the door against the hose. As I previously posted I have stowed the macerator hose and went to the slinky until Entegra gets the problem fixed. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #47

I have seen at least one 2016 with a split door(2 doors really) with the hose out the bottom door and closing the top door. Likely a redesign of that door in the works because that is just tacky to have to leave that door open if you want to leave hookup on place for the winter, or summer. JMHO
Old 11-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have seen at least one 2016 with a split door(2 doors really) with the hose out the bottom door and closing the top door. Likely a redesign of that door in the works because that is just tacky to have to leave that door open if you want to leave hookup on place for the winter, or summer. JMHO
Gene, do you have the hard plastic pipe plumbing in your 2016?
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
You're right. You were not the first. I was.

The problem is that the Sanicon turbo is really fast and powerful. The 1-1/2" outlet hose is flexible, like a vacuum cleaner. It runs from the Sanicon over to the compartment wall where it passes through the wall and into the steel hose compartment. Where it passes through the wall, the hole is sealed up with foam and holds the hose tightly, as if it was clamped. When the blast-o-matic Sanicon kicks in the sudden surge causes the flexible (and extendible) stretch hose to whip around violently until the flow settles in at a steady rate. The hose can only take so much of that and then it cracks. I brought that to their attention and they set up correcting it. They now hard plumb the hose up to the hose compartment. They will also be adding a manual shutoff valve to the Sanicon's output but I haven't seen that yet.

Fortunately they do still have the manual bypass valve for a 3" slinky. The only problem is that even when using the bypass, the flow still gets to the Sanicon's hose so if it is split, it will leak. Just not as bad. That's why they will be adding a shutoff valve in the near future. When my hose blew I temporarily put a threaded plastic pipe plug into the Sanicon's output port to allow me to use the 3" slinky without any leaking. I have since hard plumbed the system and added a 1-1/2" dump valve to act as a shutoff.

It was just a learning curve on a new system and I was the first in line to find out about it because I had the first 2016 off the line. Stuff like that is to be expected but Entegra got on it real quick and began hard plumbing the latest systems so there's no worry unless you got one after mine and before the new design was implemented. In that case Entegra will take care of it and retrofit those coaches.

With that now taken care of I have to admit I really like the new system that they came up with for 2016. The ability to use the new super-fast Sanicon Turbo or the 3" slinky gives me lots of options and the redesigned wet bay and holding tank sizes are nice. I did remove my black tank sprayer hose connection though. I plumbed it direct to the system via a check valve and electric solenoid valve. Now I can flush the tank with a simple flip of a rocker switch. I even added a flashing red LED light to warn me that it's on.
cruzer....you had the first one out there and the first failure. Why are we just now hearing about it? Seems like a pretty common failure now that the news broke but the first guy to learn about it never said anything until others reported it. I think a lot of people were hoping you would be the early warning system but I can understand your desire to not be the first one to discredit Entegra.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #50

Don't blame Mark, as I read his post, he thought that a fix had been implemented. Apparently they did make a change in the system but it has not proved to be as good as thought. Let's give them a little more time to find the real cause and solution to the problem. I am just glad I bought from a company that wants it to be right and is working with the vendor on the solution. SORRY, rant over and really hoping they find that fix SOON!
Old 11-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sbuckeye View Post
Gene, do you have the hard plastic pipe plumbing in your 2016?

No , mine was shipped Sept. 24 and has the original design. It developed a very slight leak(can not believe I said slight about a sewage leak!) this week. Entegra told me they have tried fixes but have not found the real cure yet.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #52

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Can someone tell me where the leak occurs. From what Cruzer indicates it is where it goes thru compartment wall. Is the hose cracking between the Sanicon and the compartment wall? Cruzer says his hose is foamed in tight where it enters the hose compartment compared to mine that is not foamed tight and there is slack for the hose to move around some at that point. But the hole is rough edged and will eventually fray my hose.
I have not had a leak Yet and my Aspire was delivered in June, about the same as Cruzer's but likely not used as much and I will likely have my turn.

I have been doing some experimenting and have found that if I reach in and hold the hose between the Sanicon and compartment and prime the hose with a series of short switch on off's I can eliminate most of the whipping while it fills, especially in the short run to the compartment entrance where I'm assuming the leak is occurring. This is a PIA and by no means a fix. It gives me what I feel is a pretty safe option to use the Sanicon should I need to. However, I will continue to use the Slinky. Just FWIW.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #53

The cut in my hose occurred about ten inches to the right of the sanicon pump. I can't see where the hose passes into the storage compartment so don't know if that is the culprit or not. I just got my Anthem the end of September and have only used the sanicon about five times. It does whip pretty violently when turned on. I was thinking it would be nice to have some kind of access door cut into the hose storage compartment for future inspections/hose replacement. I'm sure Entegra will come up with a very good fix for this issue. 💩💩💩
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #54

My leak developed about 4 inches from the macerator. Vi am wondering if you could sleeve and clamp the hose from the macerator into but not through the wall if that would help or only move the problem to the hose storage compartment, not sure but it is worth looking into.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
My leak developed about 4 inches from the macerator. Vi am wondering if you could sleeve and clamp the hose from the macerator into but not through the wall if that would help or only move the problem to the hose storage compartment, not sure but it is worth looking into.
Interesting, I was thinking the leak would be next to the compartment hole. When EC fixes it I'll bet it will be something like you mentioned. Have you watched that hose go crazy in there? Look's like one PO snake.

I was thinking of maybe sleeving it with some of that large
pipe insulation with a tie wrap with the screw hole for anchoring. It needs some flex. Maybe wrap a few large towels around it in that area? Something to dampen the squirming hose. ??

The hole and the compartment area has to be addressed also.

BTW, how many sewer hoses have you seen last more than a few years?

pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #56

I agree that this hose whips around like a PO'd snake. If you take the wet bay cover off and watch your hose once you turn the macerator on you can see the hose expands like crazy and there are multiple places for it to get cut. Mine was whipping against the sharp edges of the fresh water hose reel as well as the bolt heads securing the hose reel, and the flange to the hose compartment. IMHO the regular slinky is really a reach under the coach to hook up and clean up comfortably. I pulled 4'-5' of the macerator hose into the wet ba where i could get at it, then wrapped it with two pieces of the largest armaflex pipe insulation I could find, nested them, and then wrapped with electric tape. Pieces were about about 14" long and stiffened the macerator hose enough to prevent the violent whipping. I also taped the flange opening into the hose compartment with gorilla duct tape to eliminate sharp edges. So far so good, but is certainly a hokey band aid on this system. I also posted pix on the mods file to the changes I made so I can keep small hose compartment closed while the macerator is hooked up. Neither mod looks great, but so far so good. I just hope they come up with decent and more elegant solution to this. It's really tight working in there, not a super easy fix IMO
andrei is offline   Reply With Quote