RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
All you guys have more guts than I have.... I listened through all the information about the matrix during the PDI and the various TVs (and on our Anthem we virtually never used the dash overhead, or the bedroom TV and the outside TV maybe 3 times in 3 years) and decided to tell Woo, "Get it working on the main living room TV and I will leave it alone". That has worked for 2 months just fine. I will tackle the more esoteric aspects of trying to actually use the other 3 TVs when the weather cools and I am inclined to crawl around in the basement more than I am inclined to do it now (its over 100 degrees in Dallas.... sweltering!!!).

And another thing that helps..... on this whole 3 week trip, we watched TV the first day or two, and for whatever reason (most sprobably that we were dealing with the consequences of our FireFly VegaTouch software deciding to self destruct!!!!), both of us were so sick of watching the national news that we decided that we would WOULD turn on the TV again on this trip if we heard a rumor that the entire East Coast, or the entire West Coast, or all of Europe had fallen into the sea, but short of those issues, no more TV until we got home....... Amazing !!! We are happier, less stressed, and as some commenter said recently, NOTHING has probably changed because we haven't been glued to the set. Have not done this ever previously in life..... no TV for 3 weeks.... amazing!!

Now, this fall, I will give the matrix a try at understanding and even evaluating if it works or if it has completely failed.... at this point, I dont care. ------

Gary
Gary, I like your no-TV approach but I'm pretty sure I'll be out-voted once the next season of "Dancing with the Stars" begins.
LWBAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
The reboot of the 12v did solve the problem of the overhead TV and the GPS talking to the Matrix. Another solution learned.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The reboot of the 12v did solve the problem of the overhead TV and the GPS talking to the Matrix. Another solution learned.
Just using the main power switch right? I was asked to find the power to the splitter and unplug it to reset.

Given that three of my TV's are working, I'm hesitant to do anything unless I am in the vicinity of Woo, PJ or Mike O'Connell
Old 08-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Just using the main power switch right? I was asked to find the power to the splitter and unplug it to reset.

Given that three of my TV's are working, I'm hesitant to do anything unless I am in the vicinity of Woo, PJ or Mike O'Connell

Yes, the 12v main power switch on the drivers console.
Yesterday I unplugged the Matrix and the splitter to reboot the Matrix thinking that was the problem, everything booted back up fine. While driving home, I realized my problem was with the Xcite which is 12v then it finally dawned on me to reboot the 12v.

I am learning that for no reason things quit talking to the Matrix. With post like yours, I am starting to learn how to make them talk to each other again. On yours, I would check the cable connections at the TV and the Matrix connection for the outside TV. Unplug the TV as well and go through the setup. Can you receive antenna TV by doing a channel search?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
For the record...I hate the Matrix. I really want my box of many buttons back. It was so easy to use. Those of you with VT do not have a corner on the Matrix problems - we have given up on using the remote - when we have an issue we go outside and watch the box. Stupid, stupid location. The only good thing to come from the Matrix placement was the inverter plug we could use for the freezer. Chuck, our Xcite kept losing the front TV for the first several days after we started traveling. After about the third time of resetting the Matrix it has held for the rest of the trip - just short of two months now with lots of days switching from inverter to generator power while rolling. Go figure.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Linda, I couldn't agree more with my limited experience with the Matrix . The Matrix is the most backwards technology I have ever experience!!! I am fairly Tech savvy but the Matrix and it's quirks does not even make sense. I thought Windows 3.11 was wierd, but the Matrix has it beat. It crashes more than the old Windows software did. Putting the Matrix is the basement was crazy! Why didn't they put the B.O.M.B. there?

Maybe there is hope after it learns my driving habits.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Matrix

this might help some Woo taught me something i didn't know point the remote at the Main TV eye
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
All of Woo's videos are excellent and well worth watching. I believe there are 11 total .
Old 07-28-2019, 06:26 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had the same situation with the GPS, TV, & dash display. I rebooted the 12 volt beside the driver..... It worked, the GPS would now show on the dash & TV.... But now the VEGA-TOUCH screen tries to reboot, but ends up dark with nothing...... Any ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SLDavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Reboot again. I have had a couple of experiences with the Vega Touch that it has had to be rebooted more than once.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Reboot again. I have had a couple of experiences with the Vega Touch that it has had to be rebooted more than once.
I ended up calling Entegra Tech, who then conference called FIREFLY. FIREFLY logged in on my connected laptop computer, in about 10 minutes he had deleted the corrupted memory, updated it to version 1.2.6. It came up, rebooted the 12 volt again, it came up. ACs and everything are working. Great experience with both ENTEGRA and FIREFLY tech support. I think I understood that the update solved the rebooting problem...... Thank you brobox for the reply and interest.....................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SLDavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same problem with the 1.2.6 update
The Vega touch had to be accessed by their computer. They said it had been common
Glad it's working.