Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Maxx Air Vents

Anyone have trouble with Maxx Air Vents?

Anyone change these out to Fantastic fans?

Can these be changed out to Fantastic Fans?

If we put Maxx Air Vent Covers over the fans will it void our warranty?

In the few weeks we have owned our new 18. Anthem we have a midship fan that opened and broke would not close by power or manually. Motor was stripped and arm broken. RV products says new unit is needed.

Meanwhile our 1/2 bath fan was working fine and now it opens and closes but the fan will not turn on. We hear a beep but the fan never cuts on. Circuit board? Other problem?

We are not getting a good feeling about Maxx Air Vents ...haha

We never had any troubles with our Fantastic Fans on our Airstreams nor Allegro Buses.

Thank you all for any help!
Stephen and Daphne
18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Call Maxx Air direct. They are great to work with and stand behind their products.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I removed the Fantastic fans and replaced them with Maxx air. I had problems with the fantastic brand and got fed up, both coaches had them and both had problems.
I had a problem with one Maxx fan, called them they figured it out over the phone and sent the part to fix it. very simple to replace the control board. It was the one and only time I had a problem with one of their fans.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #4

Maybe we just had a rash of bugs and they will be worked out now. Thanks for the help... we will try calling direct.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Call Maxx Air direct. They are great to work with and stand behind their products.
My experience too. I had a lifting motor problem and they sent the parts and complete instructions promptly. 15 minute repair.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #6

Thank you everyone! We are trying direct.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:33 PM   #7

I have Maxx Air Vent Covers on top of Fantastic Fans they fit fine and very easy the open for cleaning.

Coral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I've used FanTastic vent fans in the past on our Tiffins. No real problems with them.

The MaxxFans that Entegra uses are the MaxxFan Deluxe. These are the all-in-one units that have the motor built into the lid and the whole thing raises and lowers. I've seen numerous owners have issues with them.

I removed mine right off the bat and replaced them with MaxxFan 7500K units, which are the traditional style like FanTastic where the lids raises but the motor is in the base. These are much more reliable than the "Deluxe" models because they don't have to lift that big heavy motor ad lid combination. Plus the motor itself is more robust. I thought about replacing them with FanTastic fans but I like the MaxxAir better. It has two arms to raise and lower the lid whereas FanTastic only has one. So far they have been trouble-free and we use them all the time so they do get a workout. I also like the removable screens. The original "deluxe" fans are sitting in my basement at home gathering dust.

I do have the MaxxAir vent hoods covering them as well. Had them on the last coaches too. The MaxxAir Deluxe is designed to shut down if it senses rain. The 7500K does that also but with the hoods I can leave them open in a light to average rain. They will only close up if it's a real frog strangler. I kind of doubt that the Deluxe models would fare well under the vent hoods. I think that they wouldn't open up far enough due to the thick motor and lid.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
The MaxxFans that Entegra uses are the MaxxFan Deluxe.

I removed mine right off the bat and replaced them with MaxxFan 7500K units, ...

The MaxxFan 7500 is a "Deluxe" model?

https://www.airxcel.com/maxxair/products/fans
Old 09-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #10
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Maxx Air Vents

Hmm... I don't know what model is on our '15 Anthem, but it looks like the "Deluxe". The motor/fan is in a fixed mount and only the lid raises. It does not have a rain sensor and I have not installed an additional hood, but I run it all the time when not using air conditioning and have never had rain come in - I guess due to that built-in grill/shroud that the Fan-tastic does not have. (Previous coaches with Fantastic - the rain sensors shut them down all the time until I added hoods. )
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #11

If entire fan has to be replace (MaxxAir decided we needed an entire new fan) can we use existing sleeve from old fan? Or do we have to take everything out and re seal roof around vent?

Lastly, Can MaxxAir Covers be put on without drilling into roof? We noticed on the MaxxAir website is states no tools required for covers because base of fans have tabs to connect the cover.

Over the past few motorhomes we have owned we never have had anything added to Roof at Factory service or recommended repair locations without it causing a leak...

Thank you everyone for the help....

Stephen and Daphne
Old 09-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Anthem View Post
If entire fan has to be replace (MaxxAir decided we needed an entire new fan) can we use existing sleeve from old fan? Or do we have to take everything out and re seal roof around vent?

Lastly, Can MaxxAir Covers be put on without drilling into roof? We noticed on the MaxxAir website is states no tools required for covers because base of fans have tabs to connect the cover.

Over the past few motorhomes we have owned we never have had anything added to Roof at Factory service or recommended repair locations without it causing a leak...

Thank you everyone for the help....

Stephen and Daphne
On our model of Maxx Air fan the entire unit undoes from the roof (four screws and the rest of the roof mounted assembly stays in place and is reusable with the new fan.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:06 AM   #13

757driver.... Thank you for the help!

Stephen and Daphne

Tags
air, vent