Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
They sure were tens of thousands above RVOne. If you would like the details I will be more than happy to share what occurred with you in a PM.
I am waiting you to send the bill of sales , you have my information.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #16

Tommy,

With all due respect, I responded to you privately and I relayed to you my experiences with NIRVC and RVOne. I had good luck with RVOne and not so good of an experience with NIRVC. That is not to say that someone should buy from one and not the other. My comments are related to get the best price you can and then make your decision. As they say in many commercials, “Your experience may vary.”

Ed
Old 10-22-2018, 05:21 PM   #17

It is true that NIRV prices can be beat. I also got a great deal from Paul Evert's. Funny thing is, our salesman even told me to take it elsewhere for service. So I agree that you should make the best deal you can with a dealer and then find the place providing the best service for that. No one says that you have to take the coach to the same place you bought it for service. FYI — Before I bought the coach, I did call NIRV and they said they would be happy to be my service provider.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #18

MHSRV + RVOne vs. NIRV

Wow. .. never thought I would hear getting a “great deal “from Paul everts ..
Typical California dealer imo... start prices at msrp and work your butt off to get 10% off... if you’re gonna buy new then get your money together and give them all a chance at your business.. 90% of us don’t live any where near a entegra dealer anyway and especially near the ones mentioned above...so service isn’t the end of all...jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Wow. .. never thought I would hear getting a “great deal “from Paul everts ..
Typical California dealer imo... start prices at msrp and work your butt off to get 10% off... if you’re gonna buy new then get your money together and give them all a chance at your business.. 90% of us don’t live any where near a entegra dealer anyway and especially near the ones mentioned above...so service isn’t the end of all...jmo
Lol.. I never expected it either. But new Insignia for under 200k I think qualifies for a great deal. No one else was willing to do that. However I am totally unimpressed with their service.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerViz View Post
Lol.. I never expected it either. But new Insignia for under 200k I think qualifies for a great deal. No one else was willing to do that. However I am totally unimpressed with their service.
IIRC that was a year end close out on the lot and not a new order wasn't it?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #21

After seeing Paul Everts display at Quartzsite two years running, I would not buy from them. All the coaches on display have low battery alarms going off all day. When I asked why they wouldn't run the generator, the guy told me that customers didn't like it, and they would run them in the evening. Needless to say, early the next day the coaches were all displaying low battery alarms, as no one bothered to do this. I would insist on a full battery capacity test and possibly some new batteries on any purchase.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #22

Yes it was a year end closeout as I purchased it on new years eve. Absolutely why I got the price I did, which allowed me to afford a new Entegra.
I also was worried about the batteries, so I had them do a load test. Plus I purchased an extra 2 batteries, so I now have 4. I don't think they actually did a load test because I got conflicting information when I asked different people about the process they used. However my batteries appear to be in good shape. If I need to replace them soon, I still feel like that cost still works out as a good deal for me. Most importantly I didn't have to buy a lesser coach and can now be a proud Entegra owner and meet y'all in Quartzsite!
Old 10-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #23

Congrats and good for you geezer!
Old 10-23-2018, 04:44 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
We also had a good purchase experience with RV One (Buffalo). Net price on a new order was fantastic. A few miscommunication during the delivery process were quickly cleared up by the General Manager. Overall experience was great.
dairy-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
It seems to me that if a investment group, with the Deep pockets of a $20 Billion company such as AutoNation, wants to get in the RV business they would do it right and take advantage of the profit to be made of all "three legs" of the RV business. Sales, Finance, and Service.

The car business does not make their money selling new cars. None of them do. They make millions from the Service of the cars they sell

The RV Business has always run like something out of the 1970's. RV's don't even have part numbers for most of their items in the coaches. To get something out of warranty from the manufacturer is like trying to pass something thru Congress, Impossible!! Leaving the customer 'holding the bag" for weeks and sometime months to get any parts to get their coach repaired. NOT FUN.

With the HUGE buying power that is now in the works, service for our RV's will get much, much better. This is going to be the wave of the future for the RV industry. Service.

RV Company's have been leaving millions on the table not wanting to deal with what it takes to service their customers. Parts and Warranty hassels, etc.

RVOne, Texas Motorhomes, and others lose $$Millions every year from the service side trying to take care of their customers.

With turning RVOne into a Billion dollar company OVERNIGHT, now gives them the groundwork to take advantage of all the "legs" of this business.

I think what you are going to see in the future from RVOne is more effort leaning towards Service. Why would these "car guys" not want to use their expertise from the Auto industry and grab the Millions left on the table from the Service of customer's side?

Just saying...
Old 10-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
I'm a price buyer. When I offered my proposed percentage off sticker and time frame for the '18, to Beaver, RVOne, and NIRVC, Beaver did not respond, RVOne said the best they could do was about 3% higher than my offer, and NIRVC actually gave me a slightly better percentage off than I originally proposed.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #27

Bus guy, think you have a little misconception. Auto nation has nothing to do with the sale of these dealerships. One of the original founders of auto nation and some investors are the purchasers. As such, they are likely highly leveraged paying top dollar for these very successful dealerships at the very top of the sales cycle. Sales are likely to dip more(they are down on Motorhomes this year) and put a crimp on cash flow for expanding service or parts. I hope I am wrong but this looks like a huge investment at the worst possible time for guys who have no clue about the RV industry. All JMHO
Old 10-24-2018, 12:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Bus guy, think you have a little misconception. Auto nation has nothing to do with the sale of these dealerships. One of the original founders of auto nation and some investors are the purchasers. As such, they are likely highly leveraged paying top dollar for these very successful dealerships at the very top of the sales cycle. Sales are likely to dip more(they are down on Motorhomes this year) and put a crimp on cash flow for expanding service or parts. I hope I am wrong but this looks like a huge investment at the worst possible time for guys who have no clue about the RV industry. All JMHO
I agree. There is no way an investment group is going to spend the 100's of millions it would take to build additional service centers. There is a huge shortage of skilled RV techs and a huge shortage of shop space to service RV's. Neither of those shortages will be resolved any time soon.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote