Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2023, 09:38 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Which is why it looks like a defect to me and not ordinary road hazard damage.
Too many 365's with the same type of issue.
When a 3 year old tire breaks the bead when dismounting something is definitely wrong with those tires. In addition to large chunks of the tires coming off on way too many Michelin 365 tires.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2023, 10:32 AM   #16

Marc

As a recent purchaser of two VERY expensive 365s, I'm going to have to watch my tires VERY CLOSELY. These all look similar (a slice of rubber coming loose at the "corner" of the side wall and the tire tread). I'm going to start watching mine like a hawk. My hypothesis is that the shortage of 365s at this time may be due to the frequency of occurrence of this type of tire defect.... We are seeing it frequently, and the pictures make it look the same, and IMO, it definitely DOES NOT look like road hazard damage. Wonder what an official with Michelin has to say. I'd also take the opinion of a tire professional on this issue (we have several that haunt this forum....) What say you tire pros?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:40 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Marc

As a recent purchaser of two VERY expensive 365s, I'm going to have to watch my tires VERY CLOSELY. These all look similar (a slice of rubber coming loose at the "corner" of the side wall and the tire tread). I'm going to start watching mine like a hawk. My hypothesis is that the shortage of 365s at this time may be due to the frequency of occurrence of this type of tire defect.... We are seeing it frequently, and the pictures make it look the same, and IMO, it definitely DOES NOT look like road hazard damage. Wonder what an official with Michelin has to say. I'd also take the opinion of a tire professional on this issue (we have several that haunt this forum....) What say you tire pros?

Gary
The OP said he had the tire replaced in AZ, but did not say if Michelin covered it under warranty.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:22 AM   #18

My understanding of his post was that he had not attempted to cover the problem under warranty, and instead had paid for the tires. I could be wrong....

Gary
Old 02-05-2023, 03:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
My understanding of his post was that he had not attempted to cover the problem under warranty, and instead had paid for the tires. I could be wrong....

Gary
You are right Gary I covered the replacement cost (2k).

I picked up the coach on 12/27 from NIRVC Las Vegas. Did my inspection, found a few issues that they immediately took care of and the next day headed home to Lake Havasu. On 12/29 headed up to Laughlin Nevada for new years and to spend a little time getting familiar with the new CS. Drove home on the first and a couple of days later noticed the issue while crawling underneath to measure for Snap Pads. What I do know is I didn’t cause the damage in the 270 or so miles I drove the coach, what I don’t know is about the 2500 or so miles from Entegra to Las Vegas NIRVC.

I talked to both parts and service at NIRVC and to make a long story short it was the general consensus that if I didn’t see it on inspection, it was pretty much on me. And I completely understand this. The issue was they didn’t have a tire and there tire person informed them they had no idea when they would!
So my alternative was to find one or have a very expensive boat anchor in my garage. I was able to find one in New Jersey and 2K later it’s drivable.

I’m heading back to NIRVC on the 14th for a few minor fixes and installation of Retro Bands.
My advice for anyone purchasing a new CS would be to look real hard at the tires, especially the 365’s on the steer axle and number two have Retro Bands put on at time of delivery!
JimJ
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
You are not the first, several CS owners have had that problem. Read the entire post, others chimed in with their problem, some with photos

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/365...es-595312.html
Thanks Chuck,
I had previously read that post, but have now reread it. Pretty scary.
My company runs 40 service trucks with about half of them running Michelin, might have to rethink that.
JimJ
Old 02-05-2023, 03:35 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjensen View Post
Thanks Chuck,
I had previously read that post, but have now reread it. Pretty scary.
My company runs 40 service trucks with about half of them running Michelin, might have to rethink that.
JimJ
I've already had to replace both 365's on my 21. The one tire, only 3 years old, the bead broke having Rettrobands installed, the other tire was 4 years old so I replaced both of them. Last Michelin's I'll ever buy. When I replace the rears, they will be with Toyo's.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:54 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Chuck, do other companies make the 365 tire we need?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 06:34 PM   #23

No, only Michelin makes a 365.

Gary
Old 02-06-2023, 12:25 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Michelin 365 tire question

Michelin does this with a few tire sizes that they make for motorhomes. A competitor must make a tire of the same weight carrying capacity and virtually the same OD and width. I don’t have a need so I haven’t researched it but I did recently research the 235/80R22.5 for a friend and only Michelin makes it but a 245/75/22.5 is the exact same dimensional size and many others make that size.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Michelin does this with a few tire sizes that they make for motorhomes. A competitor must make a tire of the same weight carrying capacity and virtually the same OD and width. I don’t have a need so I haven’t researched it but I did recently research the 235/80R22.5 for a friend and only Michelin makes it but a 245/75/22.5 is the exact same dimensional size and many others make that size.
It would be nice to find one if it does exist. Options would be nice to have especially in an emergency situation out on the road.

However I, and others here, have not been able to find one close enough to fit on the same rim. If you can find one please let us know.
T_Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:31 AM   #26
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hi there. We'd like to send this to customer service to make them aware. When you have a moment, please send a message or email with your unit information, contact information, and any available photos. You can email customercare@jayco.com - thank you.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:28 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco Family View Post
Hi there. We'd like to send this to customer service to make them aware. When you have a moment, please send a message or email with your unit information, contact information, and any available photos. You can email customercare@jayco.com - thank you.
Thanks for your interest on this issue. Information has been sent.
JimJ

Tags
michelin, tire