Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Micro Air gas heat override

There is only a brief paragraph or two on this in the manual but need clarification from someone who may already know:
The Gas Heat Override sounds like we could have zone 1/2/3 Heat Pumps(electric) on in the evening. Gas Burner on, it could/would switch to Gas Heat Override and I could have zones 1/3 come on when the outside temp reaches a preset temp?
I have not experimented with this but it sounds like that is what would happen. Anyone know?

When I know the overnight temps may get below 40, I sometimes get up turn off the heat pumps and turn on the furnace…..I may still get up in the middle of the night but that is another story
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 04:34 PM   #2

From the 355 manual…it states….

Gas Heat Override
This feature turns on the gas furnace from an electric heat mode when the set point is five or mode degrees away from the ambient temperature and heating is required. It is only available on systems that have both gas and electric heating and is only active in electric heat or cool/electric heat modes.
If heating set point is 5 degrees or more above the inside temperature in an electric heating mode, the furnace will come on along with the electric heater. Both will remain on until the set point is reached. If this action is necessary more than twice in a row, gas heat will be used for the next two hours without electric heating. This is indicated by a red circle and line through the electric mode button.
When the furnace is actively overriding the electric heat, a furnace symbol will appear at the top of the thermostat screen.

I’ll be testing it out myself this week.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:44 PM   #3

My model 354 reads the same.
Please keep me posted. I need my beauty sleeplol.
2017 Jeep JKU
Old 12-02-2021, 08:40 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our Micro Air is on it’s way to us. I’m saving this post so I know who to contact if we have issues with the install. Looks simple enough, keeping my fingers crossed.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Our Micro Air is on it’s way to us. I’m saving this post so I know who to contact if we have issues with the install. Looks simple enough, keeping my fingers crossed.

It is simple. remove old unit from wall, unplug, Take the mounting hardware, screw to wall, break off install spacer, connect new unit, mount to wall. Download the app on your smart phone and follow the instructions. The unit learned all 4 of our units on it's own

Don't do the mistake I did. I downloaded the app and created an account before I had the thermostat installed. That cost me some time trying to figure out what I had used as a password and it caused another problem. Also if you connect it to Wi-Fi, it wants a Wi-Fi name has to be longer then 3 letters or numbers. That caused me a big problem changing Wi-Fi to greater then 3 characters.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #6

Would have thought a 2019 Aspire would have VT controls…learned something.
Linda, you guys will love the new controller.
2017 Jeep JKU

Tags
air, gas, heat, ride