Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2021, 04:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I dunno... planes can make RVs look cheap.

I keep telling my wife that I should get lots and lots of good karma because I went from motorcycles straight to airplanes, without going through boats first. I figure the money I saved there bought my Anthem.
I've owned 1 sailboat for 14 years (sold), 5 different airplanes (all gone), 1 motorcycle (sold) and 2 RV's, still in my 2006 Beaver Patriot. By far the most expensive was the boat. Boat is for 17,500, put 125,000 into it, sold it for 20,000.
Billjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #16

My wife and I both rode motorcycles for years; indeed, we had two bikes and no car for a long time. In fact, when Jean and I first started dating, in the autumn of 1981, I had plans on a 3 month cross-country trip the following summer. During the winter she decided that she did not want to be separated that long, so she bought a motorcycle, took a riding course, quit her job and came along. We figured after that we would be TOGETHER, or NOT. Well, we're still here, almost 40 years later. We put 13000 miles on each bike that summer, spent only 2 nights in motels, and had lots of what we now call adventures (royals pains in the rear, at the time).

We actually only sold our bikes after moving to southern CA. The so-called mecca of motorcycling was too crowded for safe riding, and too hot to wear proper protective gear.

When I started flying, Jean loved it and we hoped to take a lot of weekend trips together. Turns out that places that rent small planes don't want you to do that, because the way that they make their money is renting 2 hour blocks for instruction. You can only rent for a weekend by paying for lots of flight time you'll never use. Bah.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:52 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

My orthopedic surgeon practiced with another orthopedic surgeon and one worked on one knee while his partner worked on the other.... I always assumed that the surgery could be entitled "Fun with power tools"
Gary,

My brother worked with an orthopedic surgeon for years and suggested to me that it's "like wood shop with blood."

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #18

Renting airplanes is one thing.... owning a plane capable of national-level travel is something else completely. I have a fraternity brother that I have remained friends with for about 50 years who was first a military pilot, then a commercial airline pilot, than a private jet pilot for a fellow with lots of money, and finally he decided he needed his own.

When we have sat down and talked about the routine costs for him to keep his plane certified, and the costs of insurance and operation, and routine trips across country, my sense is that his costs are a good deal higher than mine and I travel 6 months a year. I would have loved to own a plane and known how to fly, but I have spent all I needed to spend on Corvettes, a 40' sailboat, and now several motorcoaches, and I guess the plane will wait for another lifetime.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote