Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #1

Missing panal

Hi Folks,
Just bought a used 2014 Anthem from a reputable dealer with the solar package. I brought the coach home (1400 miles) and got my first peek at the roof. Low and behold only one 100 watt panel, two controllers but one panel.
Has anyone one heard of a panel going bad and just removing it. In the picture you can see what looks like the wire has been cut.
Any input would be appreciated.
Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missing panal.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	138871  
nella1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #2

Carl, I don't know anything about solar. But I wonder what the dealer said when they saw your picture?

Welcome to the forum and Entegra ownership.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #3

I would think that the dealer would send you another panel, wouldn't he? Have you contacted them? If you have, what was the answer?
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Owning a 2014 I can say that is not a factory installed solar panel location. See the factory locations in this photo http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/solar-panels-on-an-2014-aspire-308167.html#post3251424
My panels are on a 42 RBQ, your location might be different.

In your photo you can see four spots of sealant where one of the factory panels use to be located. There should be another one between the two A/C. At this point all you can do is trace wires to see what the previous owner may have done. Is there any indication of the front solar panel where it should have been? That is a strange one if both solar controllers are there but no panels where they should be. The linked post explains where the wiring should run.

Looking closer at you photo, it does look like the front solar panel was removed. Maybe someone stepped in the center of it?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

Hi Folks,
Thanks for your input. You can clearly see where the panel was located.
I bought it from Lazy days, Tampa and I think they are a very reputable company, salesmen says he will fight for me. I just don't know why someone has to fight for me.
Thanks again.
Carl
nella1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And you didn't get up on the roof before buying it? I did with the Magna, upset the salesperson but I didn't care. Found the OTA antenna was zip tied down so I asked why. They said it was broken and the parts hadn't arrived yet. Went to actually sign the papers a couple weeks later and the antenna was fixed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Carl,
It is one of those situations on a used coach that who knows what the previous owner did. If the roof was not inspected and LD listed what options that were on the coach when new, who is going to be at fault? Hopefully LD will replace the panel for you and all will be well.

Just my experience, but I have not had much success with LD keeping promises.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nella1129 View Post
Hi Folks,
Just bought a used 2014 Anthem from a reputable dealer with the solar package. I brought the coach home (1400 miles) and got my first peek at the roof. Low and behold only one 100 watt panel, two controllers but one panel.
Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by nella1129 View Post
Hi Folks,
Thanks for your input. You can clearly see where the panel was located.
I bought it from Lazy days, Tampa and I think they are a very reputable company
Carl
nella1129
Seems the previous owner, (or the "reputable" selling dealer), removed a solar panel from the used coach before you bought it.
This may sound unsympathetic but since you bought a used coach with a solar panel missing you can't blame anyone but yourself.
Sorry
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote