Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #57

First, thank you all for your information. We too are looking for Internet on the go, we only have iPhone's and iPads what do you suggest?
Dreamer317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2017, 03:31 AM   #58

Mobley tough to find now.

Just an FYI, The Mobley is out of stock right now at AT&T online, and there are none in the stores either. Best Buy is out also. I see the prices on Ebay are now $150-$250! Word got around. I ended up getting the AT&T Unite Explore mobile hot spot through the AT&T Connected Car division, and because I added it to my Unlimited Plus Plan it's just considered another line for $20 month unlimited data. I asked and asked again that there wouldn't be any other cost and it would be unlimited data and final answer is yes. It is also much newer tech, so faster than Mobley.
Wineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer317 View Post
First, thank you all for your information. We too are looking for Internet on the go, we only have iPhone's and iPads what do you suggest?

We also have iPhones and iPads. Our iPads also have a cellular connection and we have them on a data plan with Verizon. We added a Mobley with an adaptor and use that as an alternative. We have been on the road FL to WI and haven't hit any areas that we didn't have coverage on one or the other or both. The Mobley has consistently run at or above Verizon's speeds. We also have a Verizon hot spot and two computers on board...we go into withdrawal without internet [emoji6]Having both services available has worked well for us but may be overkill for many users.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #60

Thank you very much, I would be lost without Internet!!!
We have Sprint now but have never been happy with the service, I haven't even checked to see if they offer the service. Thanks again for the great advise.
Dreamer317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #61

FYI, Mobley back in stock at AT&T if you are looking to purchase one.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #62

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well folks aforementioned predictions have come to fruition, ATT no longer offers the $20 per mo. unlimited data plan :-(
Other plans offered for the Mobley are useless!
Mdh1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdh1950 View Post
Well folks aforementioned predictions have come to fruition, ATT no longer offers the $20 per mo. unlimited data plan :-(
Other plans offered for the Mobley are useless!
Except they do:

aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #64

I remember when Verizon had the unlimited plan for my phone. I have had it for 10 yrs and still do.. these companies get you to sign up under the guise of unlimited and sooner or later they stop the unlimited part of it. Because of abuse? Maybe. Because of greed ? Probably.. unlimited is unlimited. As long as it's your family usage I don't see a problem with it. If in the end it's cancelled ? You will find another one on another carrier. If you remember correctly Verizon said the unlimited program would never be back and the charge per gig would be the only offer.. cmon, times change and so does the offers.

Btw , Verizon is stopping the grandfather unlimited plan I have. Even on for 10 yrs that I pay over 100$ per month for.. it's all a ploy for customers at the end of the day. Abuse? What abuse ? Because I shared my internet with my brother? Umm ok .. I read this whole post and all I see is a bunch or moaners.. where are all the other great offers in life? Abused away? I think not.. some? Yes , maybe.

All you can eat buffet ? Eat to much by your kicked out regardless.. unlimited is si subjective nowadays
Old 09-23-2017, 05:13 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
If large numbers of people repeatedly ate 10 times the normal food, the buffet restaurant would be forced to close. Same thing goes for the Mobley. Just because it says unlimited doesn’t mean that a business can constantly lose money on it and not make changes. The laws of economics are like the laws of nature, they can’t be repealed.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If large numbers of people repeatedly ate 10 times the normal food, the buffet restaurant would be forced to close. Same thing goes for the Mobley. Just because it says unlimited doesn’t mean that a business can constantly lose money on it and not make changes. The laws of economics are like the laws of nature, they can’t be repealed.
I don't think it's quite the same as a buffet.... If you eat 2 pieces of chicken at the buffet, they have to replace with 2 pieces of chicken (cost). If you use 2GB of data, AT&T doesn't just pour in 2 more GB's to replenish...

It's call strategic marketing....they are more concerned with increasing the number of subscribers than the ROI [recovery] of infrastructure. The cell towers are already installed and a sunk cost.

They are banking on the fact that if the Mobley is good for you, then you just might switch all of your cell service to AT&T.

If you keep track, these cell providers only talk about the change in subscriber base; not so much about profitability.

In the end, T-Mobile is driving a lot of these changes in cell service and their subscribers numbers indicate that...as they increase, AT&T and Verizon are decreasing.

Just my opinion, but I don't think Mobley is going away anytime soon . . . .

Now, I need to get my Mobley ordered
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:30 AM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Has anyone been successful at ordering a Mobley lately? I haven't been able to find a source.

Thanks in Advance
Old 09-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Has anyone been successful at ordering a Mobley lately? I haven't been able to find a source.

Thanks in Advance
Emerson, What has AT&T Mobile Connect Desk had to say about availability?
https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobl...sku=sku7700323
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
It's call strategic marketing....they are more concerned with increasing the number of subscribers than the ROI [recovery] of infrastructure. The cell towers are already installed and a sunk cost.
Only to a point. The existing towers have a finite capacity. If the volume on these towers greatly increases (via Mobley) they are looking at huge expense to expand the infrastructure. Except guess what, in many cases they can't expand at any cost, because the airwaves are already saturated to capacity.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #70

Here again it is hard to compare, AT&T has already stated that they plan to covert all of their cell towers to LTE within the next couple of years, and hope to have 5G implemented system wide in another 6-7 years in order to allow HD video streaming by the everyone and doing away with DirecTV satellite television, moving to all streaming all the time for everyone. In order to do this they must be actively building out capacity such that a few Mobley users are not going to make a difference in capacity.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote