Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #127

I'm home right now battling COVID but next week I should be done with this mess. When I get better, I'll see if my son can show me where the different sensors are. He works in the engineering department for a company that builds self driving cars. He's deals with fooling computers all the time.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagertd View Post
what is a quick start. i am reading these threads but don't c any explanation of Quick Start
based on the answer is it on all newer diesel r.v.'s?
My understanding is a quick start is when you turn on the ignition switch and move immediately to "start" without first allowing the ECM to run through its diagnostics which are reflected in the lights on the dash panel. The "Wait to Start" light is part of that sequence, but it need not be on, in all cases, for one to do a quick start.

Some form of ECM diagnostics are present in all diesels with electronic controls, but the newer models, which have more and complex emissions systems, have a greater need for a proper start procedure in order to boot their monitoring systems correctly.

As stated, this is my understanding but corrections are welcome.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #129

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkocamping View Post
Does anyone have a picture of where you can disconnect to reset the DEF sensor. I went into limp mode this morning but was able to get it to pull out by adding a little bit more Def. Still giving me DEF concentration low. I’m counting my blessings because I’ve been driving with the same sensor error for about 2000 miles. I’m on my way back to Ohio from Florida for a funeral and I have to be there tonight. Currently in Knoxville Tennessee, wish me well.
From the DEF tank, follow the wire shown in the photo down to the plug. My plug was wire tied up to the top area.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #130

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
what is a quick start. i am reading these threads but don't c any explanation of Quick Start
post #16
Old 12-13-2020, 09:23 AM   #131

Quote:
Newer with all the electronics. You should turn the key and let the dash gauges settle down before you start so you don't hit a key electronic component with a sudden jolt of power before it has loaded. This is one of the theories about DEF system failures.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:44 AM   #132

For those like me with coaches out of warranty, There's a place on the web called "Diesel Performance of Montana'" they help people work through the sensor problems with big trucks according to their website.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:56 AM   #133

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
For those like me with coaches out of warranty, There's a place on the web called "Diesel Performance of Montana'" they help people work through the sensor problems with big trucks according to their website.
Thanks for that info Dave, I will check it out today. Sure sorry to hear you have Covid, sure hope you will be okay with no lingering problems. Look forward to hearing if your son has any ideas on the sensor issues. Not that I don't trust my Gen 6 sensor...I don't. When a company that manufactures the product won't return calls or respond to emails tells me they have something to hide.

Link for those interested. https://www.dieselperformancemt.com/
Old 12-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
From the DEF tank, follow the wire shown in the photo down to the plug. My plug was wire tied up to the top area.

Thank you!!
tkocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:50 PM   #135

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Does anyone have a picture of where you can disconnect to reset the DEF sensor. I went into limp mode this morning but was able to get it to pull out by adding a little bit more Def. Still giving me DEF concentration low. I’m counting my blessings because I’ve been driving with the same sensor error for about 2000 miles. I’m on my way back to Ohio from Florida for a funeral and I have to be there tonight. Currently in Knoxville Tennessee, wish me well.
Amazing you have been able to drive 2,000 miles with a DEF sensor error code. Please let us know the final outcome. Good luck with that and the reset. I see you have a 21 coach. Also share if yours is a Gen 5 or Gen 6 DEF sensor when you call Spartan. That is really going to help other new coach owners.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:28 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Amazing you have been able to drive 2,000 miles with a DEF sensor error code. Please let us know the final outcome. Good luck with that and the reset. I see you have a 21 coach. Also share if yours is a Gen 5 or Gen 6 DEF sensor when you call Spartan. That is really going to help other new coach owners.

Yes, but luck ran out about 180 miles from where I need to be. have to wait till Monday for service and pray they have the sensor. Not sure why they make you wait until you go into limp mode. It very dangerous and it ruins all your plans. For me I am on way to funeral in Ohio. Now have to get hotel and hope I remember all my clothes and stuff I will need for the next few days. Disappointing for half mil coach.
tkocamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:14 AM   #137

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, but luck ran out about 180 miles from where I need to be. have to wait till Monday for service and pray they have the sensor. Not sure why they make you wait until you go into limp mode. It very dangerous and it ruins all your plans. For me I am on way to funeral in Ohio. Now have to get hotel and hope I remember all my clothes and stuff I will need for the next few days. Disappointing for half mil coach.
Sorry you did not make it to you destination, what a darn shame on a brand new coach.. BIG favor to ask, when you call Spartan today, please ask them to pull it up on the computer if your new coach has the gen 5 or the new gen 6 DEF sensor. That is going to be so important for other new coach owners as well as me when I talk to the manufacture. Don't let Spartan tell you they have no way of knowing, I found out they know exactly from your VIN #.

Also how many miles were you able to go once the DEF concentration warning light came on? Have you checked what error codes you have? Those will be under Settings/Diagnosis/OBD

Thanks for your feedback it will be a big help for others.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:03 AM   #138

I believe it's the manufacturer's responsibility to assure owners that their product will perform as advertised barring and neglect by the operator. Entegra needs to fill a van with sensors, heads, pumps and whatever else it takes to get these coaches back on the road asap. Those half a million dollar coaches can not be seen being towed. It's a bad image that the public wont forget seeing and it will effect future sales.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #139

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
TKO, sorry for your loss and that you have to deal with a coach breakdown at this time. I hope you are able to get to where you needed to be.

Regards,
j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:42 AM   #140

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I believe it's the manufacturer's responsibility to assure owners that their product will perform as advertised barring and neglect by the operator. Entegra needs to fill a van with sensors, heads, pumps and whatever else it takes to get these coaches back on the road asap. Those half a million dollar coaches can not be seen being towed. It's a bad image that the public wont forget seeing and it will effect future sales.
Dave, what I have learned over the weekend with the DEF situation and the Manufacture, Shaw Development...... they are not NIRVC. We saw a couple of NIRVC dissatisfied customers with problems that needed to be addressed. Not only was NIRVC all over it, but all of the top management, from the CEO, on down were on it and over the weekend.

That brings up the DEF sensor problem leaving people stranded over the weekend. Not only ruining important plans, but dangerous situations along side of the road waiting for one of the responsible companies to open up Monday morning. This after spending a large amount on a brand new coach, not to be left stranded. There is NO excuse for Spartan to leave Gen 5 DEF sensors in chassis being build as 21's It's a 20 minute change, if that, on a bare chassis. Why are we being treated like this? Why will the DEF sensor manufacture not return communications?

The bad part sending an Entegra van out with new parts won't do any good if the new parts are just as bad as the old parts. From lack of communication from those involved we don't know. If brand new 21's are being left along side of the road, either the new parts are bad, or nobody really cares, or a combination of both.

Tags
cummins