Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Don, very well put. I had my shades split into 3 zones in the front of the MH and I have only lost a couple of motors compared to you and a few others. I thought maybe that was the answer, but then 2015 are loosing motors as well. Maybe it's that I don't use all of the shades at one time, if we only need the front night shades that is all that is used, so I am putting less wear on the motors.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #30

The fact that we have had multiple failures with the same shade would support the theory of it being more than a motor issue. I have one night shade that is on motor # 4.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
My very limited attempt to diagnose (one motor). I disassembled the unit. I separated the control circuit from the motor. The motor then worked in both directions by reversing the polarity. I then put the control circuit back into the mix and the motor would only run in one direction regardless of polarity. My conclusion was that somthing must have zapped the control circuit. There is no way for me to determine if the motorhome caused the problem or if the control circuit is just poorly designed or just poorly manufactured. My 2 cents worth.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #32

Diesel Diva, sent you a PM.,, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Danny&Cindi Gilmore
Hanford, Ca.
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Explorer
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Our front Sade's are held up with Velcro and shoelaces. on our way to Entegra for PDI

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-01-2015, 03:44 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
My 2013 Aspire only has motors on the windshield set of shades...All the rest have the " Armstrong " shade operating mechanism....😎
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Les, all Aspires only have 2 shade motors. My point or question was, if it is a motor problem, then why is it we only hear of Anthem and Cornerstones with shade motor problems? Just seems to me if the problem was just the motors then us Aspire owners should have the same failures, just not as many. Or am I missing something?

Dave
Old 10-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #36

More shade failures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Les, all Aspires only have 2 shade motors. My point or question was, if it is a motor problem, then why is it we only hear of Anthem and Cornerstones with shade motor problems? Just seems to me if the problem was just the motors then us Aspire owners should have the same failures, just not as many. Or am I missing something?

Dave

I hear you. I have 2 MCD windshield shades on my Monaco and the motors get used a lot. No temore, just buttons. The rest are manual. They are 7 years old. They must be good motors!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I hear you. I have 2 MCD windshield shades on my Monaco and the motors get used a lot. No temore, just buttons. The rest are manual. They are 7 years old. They must be good motors!

Sliding finger on iPad. Sorry!
"No remotes"
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #38

The 2014 Anthem with yellow motors had not a single motor fail after 2 years and 10000 miles. Had a windshield motor get cranky once and fail to move but a little notching and it worked fine after that. EC sent 3 yellow motors which I gave to Cory.

One thing about our use of the coach: we never dry camped, always plugged to 50 amps never had to run shades of batteries. Would that make a difference?

I mean off not fully charged batteries.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
The 2014 Anthem with yellow motors had not a single motor fail after 2 years and 10000 miles. Had a windshield motor get cranky once and fail to move but a little notching and it worked fine after that. EC sent 3 yellow motors which I gave to Cory.

One thing about our use of the coach: we never dry camped, always plugged to 50 amps never had to run shades of batteries. Would that make a difference?

I mean off not fully charged batteries.
I do not think that is the problem, 95% of our use has been plugged in with full batteries.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #40

This is directed at EC and not any owner in particular but it occurs to me that replacing dozens of motors on the same coach or coaches and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity. 😠
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #41

Shade motors

I have a 2013 Anthem. The original motors were red. I have replaced all of them. The first replacements were green with slightly higher amp, then came yellow. I recently asked for a few more replacements so CS sent me 6 new red ones with slightly higher amperage ratings and a different type of adjustment for the limit settings. They said the problem is the limits on the motors. Even though my 2013 is out of warranty they did send me 6 more motors at no charge, but said that is all. That may sound like good customer service, but I have replaced all those motors myself, thus saving them a ton of money. I believe they should recall and replace them all till the problem goes away. Thoughts??

Rob Thompson
robthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #42

FYI:I am told the shades are wired in a series of 2 or more shades. If a motor in that series begins to fail, it will affect the downstream shade motors. Seems odd. But I am told it is not the motor that fails, but the limit mechanism.
robthompson is offline   Reply With Quote