RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
More Weather

Our coach was finished Friday 1/31 and is being turned over to transportation today. However, there is another major weather front moving through Indiana today so I don't know if it will get on the road or not.

I did purchase a quart of Salt Away at West Marine the other day so the undercarriage will get a better than water flush after the dealer flushes it and I run a lawn sprinkler under it as well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know if you've ever taken a delivery at Lazy Days. You'll be assigned a team with a manager. They are very approachable and you can view their progress all day if you wish. I think they would use your product ( they probably have some of their own ) and properly flush the undercarriage of salt if you asked them. Here's hoping your baby gets here soon.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Chuck, I've been following your wait for this coach for a couple of years now and I've concluded you have the patience of a saint.
exgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
My CS is supposed to be ready in early June. I have assumed that is now late June. I am enrolled in Spartan Academy August 18 - 22 in Charlotte Michigan. The way this weather is going, I hope I will have a coach to attend with. The one advantage I guess I have is that I won't have to spend a couple for days clean salt out of the undercarriage....... Well, Maybe not!

Ralph & Janet
2015 Cornerstone 45K (on order for June delivery)
2013 Ford Explorer
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #5

We've got storm advisories for tonight and tomorrow with about 6-10" of snow predicted. I would imagine that it won't be quite that bad in Middlebury so they may get out and get headed south without any issues. We're sure hoping you get your baby soon, Chuck.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
10-4 on LD delivery. I showed up right after ours arrived and was able to take pictures as well as look for possible issues. It was great.

DW was in Indiana visiting kids and demanded that I wait to see the coach until she was able to go with me so we could see it at the same time. I told her LD took the pictures for us. A reflection in a mirror gave me away - Ouch.

Have a ball Chuck - it's a great day and great fun.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by exgman View Post
Chuck, I've been following your wait for this coach for a couple of years now and I've concluded you have the patience of a saint.
It was ordered on Sept 19th and finished on Jan 31st. 4.5 months isn't bad. As long as it is here before we leave for the summer and I can get the mods done before it gets too hot, I am fine. Thinking back, that 4.5 months has seemed like 2 years with all that has gone on during the period
Old 02-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Scott Hamilton at LD has been pretty informative on how the delivery procedures go at LD and also informed me that they are to do a salt wash in bad weather conditions. Nice to hear if from others that it does go that way. I will still do a salt wash when I get it home just to know that up on top of the IFS, etc has been thoroughly treated with salt neutralizer.

It is going to be 86 today, watch it turn to 50 when I get it home and have to wash the undercarriage.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #9

Now would you rather have that 50 in F or C?

Congrats on your rig. To the next dozen years and beyond. Only 4.5 months that's not too bad, just think how long some people wait for sticks and bricks to be built.

Some people have to deal with that salt all winter long (and part of spring depending on how soon the community sweeps the streets etc) Look at it this way would you rather deal with UV damage or Salt damage?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Our coach was finished Friday 1/31 and is being turned over to transportation today. However, there is another major weather front moving through Indiana today so I don't know if it will get on the road or not.

I did purchase a quart of Salt Away at West Marine the other day so the undercarriage will get a better than water flush after the dealer flushes it and I run a lawn sprinkler under it as well.
Chuck,

Here is hoping your new baby gets out before the storm. Enough delays, it is time to get this bad boy to Florida and start enjoying your fantastic coach. All the best.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
UPDATE 2/5
Due to the weather in Indiana our delivery was delayed again. I called Entegra and was pleased that they had our Anthem on a weather hold. They are as concerned about the road conditions as much as I am and will wait until the roads clear probably next week.