Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

Motorcycle Lift

This is a new to me subject, installation, usage.

I’m looking into a Hydralift for our coach. What I’d like to understand is how your Hydralift has stood up to usage. Do you put your bike up and down regularly, everyday or week and over how many years have you done this? Has the lift performed well over this time? And what type of maintenance do you do?

I’ve searched the Internet for this information and have not found anything that I’m looking for on this subject. Doesn’t mean it’s not out there, I just may be terrible on searching, but none the less would like to hear from others who own a Hydralift.
Glider114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #2

Hi couple of things a gentleman on youtube who drives an aspire has a nice video on an electric lift LivinLite.net .
I have done a little research as I will need one for a bmw k1600 gtle (850 lbs)
As you say info is hard to come by. The one thing I have been told is hydraulic is better if everything being equal. However if you have problems the electrical is far easier to trouble shoot and get parts. One person I spoke with said he had reservation about teeing into the hydraulic system, electric not an issue. Will be interested to see what info gets posted.
Nwmkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #3

You need to do some more research!

The hydraulics for the lift DO NOT tie into the hydraulics of the motorhome. The hydraulic lift has its own hydraulic motor, pump, reservoir and lines. I don’t think anyone would tie into the hydraulics of the motorhome for a lift.

If this is the wrong forum to discuss a lift, could I please get some suggestions of which forum I should post this thread?
Old 12-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #4

I am buying a HydraLift after looking at the competition. Talk to Dan at Dan’s Welding in Tampa. He sells and installs all of them.

Motorcycle Lifts - Dover Welding and Machine, Inc.

The Hydralift has its own pump so I doubt it taps into coach oil reservoir.

Having it installed in three weeks right before the Tampa Super Show. He gets real busy after that with all the lifts sold by Lazy Days at the show. He even has a couple of used lifts available.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:41 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
You don't mention what type of motorhome you have, but I have had a lift for a little over 3 years. The only maintenence is to hit the grease fittings with a few pumps of grease once in a while. I can also vouch for Dan's welding, as he installed the lift on 2 motorhomes for me.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:46 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
I am buying a HydraLift after looking at the competition. Talk to Dan at Dan’s Welding in Tampa. He sells and installs all of them.

Motorcycle Lifts - Dover Welding and Machine, Inc.

The Hydralift has its own pump so I doubt it taps into coach oil reservoir.

Having it installed in three weeks right before the Tampa Super Show. He gets real busy after that with all the lifts sold by Lazy Days at the show. He even has a couple of used lifts available.

This would be my choice for my trike. Thanks for sharing....
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:01 PM   #7

I’ve had my Hydralift for about three years now. Bought it used and it’s worked flawlessly. I grease it every time I grease the chassis. I replaced all hoses and fluid when I had it installed. The tag on the lift states that it was manufactured in 2011, so the lift is now seven years old. Wouldn’t have anything but a Hydralift if I had to do it over again. The only thing I would suggest is that you have the lift, no matter which one you choose, installed by a qualified dealer/installer. I’ve seen too many lifts that scare the heck out of me. Do your research!!
Flanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #8

Well, thanks to all who have replied. Kinda disappointed since I’m sure that there are more than three owners/users of the Hydralift motorcycle lift out there. Doesn’t say much for the Hydralift, but I’m still thinking this is what I’m going to go with.

Thanks again to those who have replied. Maybe I need to look else where for info.. And for those who have asked, we’ve got a 2015 Anthem and we love it....
Old 12-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have a Hydralift installed on my 2013 Anthem. Unlike everyone else who buys a Hydralift for motorcycles I built an outdoor kitchen on mine. It took lots of tweaking because I have over 1500 pounds on mine

I have replaced the 8 great 8 bolts with larger grade 8 bolts as I have broke a few over the last 6 years. I also did a lot of other work to beef up the lift for my configuration

I can honestly say it works great. Be aware if you do need any parts their customer service is not the best. If you need a part you can’t simply order it on the phone. They force you to email them with your request. Then in about 48 hours you get an an invoice via email to pay them in another 48 hours they ship out your part. Other than that the lift is fantastic and works flawlessly especially for less than 1000 pounds
Old 12-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
When they install it to your Anthem make sure they run extra supports welded to the frame as that will stop you from having any issues and also makes it much stronger. Any questions just pm me as I have a lot of experience dealing with the Hydralift
Old 12-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider_114 View Post
Well, thanks to all who have replied. Kinda disappointed since I’m sure that there are more than three owners/users of the Hydralift motorcycle lift out there. Doesn’t say much for the Hydralift, but I’m still thinking this is what I’m going to go with.

Thanks again to those who have replied. Maybe I need to look else where for info.. And for those who have asked, we’ve got a 2015 Anthem and we love it....
The search bar listed all kinds of results for Entegra users. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #12

Glider 114 there are 2 main suppliers of lifts. Hydra lift and Cruiser Lift. In my opinion Hydra lift is a better product since it is operated off a separate hydraulic pump which is easily operated and seems to be well made. I have a Hydra lift installed on my Anthem and haul my customized gas golf cart. It has never failed me in 3 years. I did my own extensive research. If you have concerns, call Hydralift or installers. Hydra lifts are more expensive than Cruiser lift. So it may come down to cost? Mine was right at 5k and an additional $800.00 for misc supplies and custom aluminum ramps and I did my own installation. From what I have learned you can be upwards of 10k including installation.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider_114 View Post

Glider, I wouldn't be so concerned that only three responded as I'm am sure that not 100% of the owners of Entegras are not members of this forum and check it every day.

Have you searched the IRV2 archives for previous discussions?
Old 12-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #14

I also have a hydralift. On my 18 Anthem. Self installed. Including running power and hydraulics.
No issues. No other way in my opinion.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote